Kent State Golden Flashes

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Army Game
BeatNavy Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Army
Army Game
No thread yet, so I guess I'll start.

Army game notes: http://www.goarmysports.com/sports/m-foo...14aaa.html ( pdf: http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/army...013aaa.pdf )

Quotes from Army HC Jeff Monken's press conference: http://www.goarmysports.com/sports/m-foo...14aac.html
10-15-2014 10:14 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

BeatNavy Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Army
RE: Army Game
per twitter, Army is working out at Akron this afternoon because your field was not available

anyone know background on this?
10-17-2014 01:37 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
AlphaFlash Offline
All American

I Root For: Kent St. & UNC
Isn't this the same forecast we had during the rain/snow/thunderstorm/tornado warning game in 2006? I also got sunburn that day.

Everyone cheer loud for the KSUMGF Alumni & our khakis.
10-18-2014 05:37 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
thanksjim Offline
All American

I Root For: KSU
This board is quiet for a rare lead this season. And I know you guys all aren't at the game.
(This post was last modified: 10-18-2014 04:34 PM by thanksjim.)
10-18-2014 04:31 PM
shakermaker05 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: ϟ KENT STATE ϟ
WHAT the heck is going on at Dix!!!!!!!!!???? :-O
10-18-2014 05:28 PM
Advertisement

dannyb73 Offline
MAC CHAMPS

I Root For: Mem & Kent St
Just saw the score for the first time. Congrats to all our kids. Glad their hard work has been rewarded with the sweet taste of victory. Hopefully they enjoy the taste so much we can get a few more. Can anyone summarize what we did differently today to make this happen?
10-18-2014 06:37 PM
Slinkin Street Flash Offline
1st String

I Root For: Kent State
Great game, though pretty cold. It's easier to put up with the cold and rain while you're in the lead. Lots of Army fans, with some of the plays that turned out good for Army, it sounded like we were at Army
10-18-2014 06:44 PM
dannyb73 Offline
MAC CHAMPS

(10-18-2014 06:44 PM)Slinkin Street Flash Wrote:  Great game, though pretty cold. It's easier to put up with the cold and rain while you're in the lead. Lots of Army fans, with some of the plays that turned out good for Army, it sounded like we were at Army

Saw the box score. Were there really 18k in the house?
10-18-2014 06:55 PM
ilovegymnast Offline
All American

No I would say around 10k and that is being generous. It rained almost the whole game so not many came or stayed.The end zone seating was damn near empty and only half the student section was filled. But I did have a buddy trying to preorder tickets a few days ago and most weren't available. So that might be tickets sold not actual butts in seats.
10-18-2014 08:01 PM
Advertisement

dannyb73 Offline
MAC CHAMPS

Gotcha. I always wonder the difference between tickets sold, announced attendance, and actual attendance. I think every school does it their own way and you never really know the truth! Well, however many braved the elements, they were rewarded today!
10-18-2014 08:12 PM
AlphaFlash Offline
All American

The offense kept it simple and sweet. There were some big losses and they could've given up after the first play of the game. They set up some drives and picked up first downs. Nothing fancy, just got the job done. I enjoyed it.
10-18-2014 08:33 PM
ilovegymnast Offline
All American

The weather was miserable and makes me afraid to go to the Toledo game in November! There were a few distinguished military members in attendance was well which I was shocked by.

I bit random but thought I would share for anyone planning on going to games in the future, on the southwest side of the stadium over by the beer tent you can get a large pizza from hungry howies for $8. I keep seeing people buying the pizza from the concession stand which is a third the size for roughly the same price. They keep them in a heat rack so they stay warm and they refresh them throughout the game.
10-18-2014 08:45 PM
shakermaker05 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: ϟ KENT STATE ϟ
We were 8/8 in redzone scoring- NICE!!!!!!

Melchiori back on track with the field goals. I was mentally prepared to go winless this year.... I am thrilled that wont be the case and the monkey is now off the back. I'm going to Oxford next weekend- I hope I get a similar result.
10-18-2014 09:01 PM
Advertisement

Sultan of Euphonistan Offline
All American

I Root For: Baritones
(10-18-2014 08:12 PM)dannyb73 Wrote:  Gotcha. I always wonder the difference between tickets sold, announced attendance, and actual attendance. I think every school does it their own way and you never really know the truth! Well, however many braved the elements, they were rewarded today!

Honestly for the main purpose that I think the old attendance rule was made for (can X university get enough support to actually run a football program at a certain level) I think tickets sold is just fine. Even if some are bought by corporations and the like it shows that one way or the other the university has the means to get enough support to not just fold like some programs have over the decades.

This is similar to the minimum home game rule which means you must be able to survive while also playing at home. No going away every game to make money and otherwise wither on the vine. We do play away a lot but we have been sure not to go that far (though is it only because of the rule we may never know).

Also I do like playing Army I hope we get to do it again some more. They are a quality school with a great history. I just wish the day was better for them to come to a game.
10-19-2014 12:59 AM
AlphaFlash Offline
All American

To any Army fans here, I truly liked you guys coming. That was one of the classiest crowd we've had in our stadium in a long time. The cheerleaders getting out of the way for the alumni band before halftime was specifically appreciated.
10-19-2014 07:31 AM
GFlash68 Offline
All American

Crappies
It was cold and wet, but for some reason it felt good.
10-19-2014 10:33 AM
Slinkin Street Flash Offline
1st String

(10-18-2014 09:01 PM)shakermaker05 Wrote:  We were 8/8 in redzone scoring- NICE!!!!!!

Melchiori back on track with the field goals. I was mentally prepared to go winless this year.... I am thrilled that wont be the case and the monkey is now off the back. I'm going to Oxford next weekend- I hope I get a similar result.

Kent State only had 1 punt, which is great.

That botched Army punt in the 3rd quarter that gave Kent State the ball on the Army 8 was big. The TD we got after that put us up by 10 points

And Acorn lost to Ohio
10-20-2014 09:39 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.