Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Best Way for the P-5 to Silence the G-5 Schools
Bookmark and Share
Rabonchild Offline
1st String

I Root For: Charlotte
Best Way for the P-5 to Silence the G-5 Schools
Ignoring the G-5 by not scheduling them for OOC games is not the solution for the P-5 to secure all the great bowls. That will only create a scenario where the G-5 play each other, which increases the odds of several G-5 teams having great records (no matter what there schedule looks like), which in turn makes it harder to ignore them for good bowl games at the end of the season.

The solution is for the P-5 teams is to schedule and the beat the G-5 as OOC games. Because it's harder to justify a (9-3) P-5 team being put in front of (12-0) G-5 team. To many fans it would just not pass the smell test.
(This post was last modified: 10-15-2014 08:43 AM by Rabonchild.)
10-15-2014 08:41 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

banker Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Marshall
RE: Best Way for the P-5 to Silence the G-5 Schools
I really don't know how they can quit scheduling G5. Look at Ohio State, they have played 5 non conference road games in the last 10 years, all those against name P5 teams or ones that served as nice destinations for their players and recruiting. Florida hasn't played a non conference road game outside of Florida in over 10 years.

You think these schools are all of a sudden going to start playing schedules with 6 home games and 6 road games like us commoners? You think the fans and ADs are going to want that? Then you also have the math that if they only play each other then the overall record of P5 teams will be 6-6. That will translate to at least 30 teams every year with a losing record and a lot of 1, 2 and 3 win teams. Bad for coaches, ADs and fund raising/ticket sales.

It's not like the NFL where you can balance things out with the draft and free agency. Once you are one of the bottom teams in a P5 only set up you will always be a bad team. Playing G5 and FCS teams masks weakness. I always make fun of wvu fans because they like to tout the fact they are #15 on the all time win list. Funny thing is they are below .500 all time against teams in that are currently in P5 conferences, well below.
10-15-2014 10:54 AM
FIUFan Offline
All American

I Root For: FIU
(10-15-2014 08:41 AM)Rabonchild Wrote:  Ignoring the G-5 by not scheduling them for OOC games is not the solution for the P-5 to secure all the great bowls. That will only create a scenario where the G-5 play each other, which increases the odds of several G-5 teams having great records (no matter what there schedule looks like), which in turn makes it harder to ignore them for good bowl games at the end of the season.
The solution is for the P-5 teams is to schedule and the beat the G-5 as OOC games. Because it's harder to justify a (9-3) P-5 team being put in front of (12-0) G-5 team. To many fans it would just not pass the smell test.

And all we want are home and home's to build our programs just as they wish to build/maintain theirs. You start leveling the playing field and you'll begin to see there aint that much difference between us and them....and that's scary.
10-15-2014 11:16 AM
olliebaba Offline
Legend

I Root For: Christ
The only difference I see in the Cabal and us is that they have enough good players to field two teams, the first string and a second string that would "almost" rival our first stringers. In other words a lot of depth. That's the big reason that those Cabal teams are neck and neck with us in the first half and maybe up to the third quarter. After that our A teamers get winded and we have no one to take their place.
10-15-2014 01:30 PM
Matrix Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB, N'Western
I want a G-5 Playoff system in place, damn "BCS 2.0"! This is supposed to be a NATIONAL championship...Why does it come out as an insult to fan intelligence and an affront to the game of college footballl? Hell, if they can have more than one world heavyweight boxing champion, then set up a postseason format for the non so-called "power" (such a condescending term) conference representatives, so that parity and fan interest will increase a hundred fold, if fans of Conference USA, Sun Belt, Mountain West, AAC, & The MAC knew their teams would be playing for something of more substance than just making it to a bowl game (which would still be there for some as a consolation if they don't make the playoff) then, IMO, attendance and TV interest would spike overnight. I just want to see it tried once to see if there's any viability to it, because if we're sitting around waiting to be validated or accepted by the current status quo, then prepare to meet disappointment. Look how ESPN pretty much blew off Marshall and East Carolina, and I won't even get into how they've disavowed any knowledge of Boise State over the years.
10-23-2014 02:56 PM
Advertisement

olliebaba Offline
Legend

I Root For: Christ
They'll never let the G5 play in the nat'l championship because if they did the G5 could tell recruits that they also could play in a NC and that would water the Cabal to the same level as us. For a reason I gave them the distinction of being called the Cabal.
10-23-2014 03:58 PM
MUther Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Marshall
CrappiesCrappies
The problem with trying to schedule 1 and 1s with those guys is that some other no-budget shmo from a G5 conference will always accept the 1 and done body bag game. The best way for us to stick it to them is for EVERYONE in the G5 to tell them to go **** themselves if they won't do a 1-1. Then they can either play the hardest schedule they've ever had to or actually come to our stadiums and see what's it's like to not have 8-9 home games every year.

Need solidarity to put the P5 between a rock and hard place. That is what the G5 presidents and ADs should be working on.

Call their bluff. Force them to schedule us with equality or play each other, exclusively. Either way we win.

Another thing they should do is not schedule FCS. Any of us. Everyone gets 6 home and 6 away games.
(This post was last modified: 10-23-2014 07:32 PM by MUther.)
10-23-2014 07:30 PM
Matrix Offline
Hall of Famer

(10-23-2014 03:58 PM)olliebaba Wrote:  They'll never let the G5 play in the nat'l championship because if they did the G5 could tell recruits that they also could play in a NC and that would water the Cabal to the same level as us. For a reason I gave them the distinction of being called the Cabal.

an anti-trust lawsuit just waiting to happen! This one-sidedness in college football is nauseating, Ollie! It's bad enough, they pull out like they did when Conference USA had its' mass exodus over to the Big East, you saw what happened there.
10-24-2014 02:36 PM
Matrix Offline
Hall of Famer

(10-23-2014 07:30 PM)MUther Wrote:  The problem with trying to schedule 1 and 1s with those guys is that some other no-budget shmo from a G5 conference will always accept the 1 and done body bag game. The best way for us to stick it to them is for EVERYONE in the G5 to tell them to go **** themselves if they won't do a 1-1. Then they can either play the hardest schedule they've ever had to or actually come to our stadiums and see what's it's like to not have 8-9 home games every year.

Need solidarity to put the P5 between a rock and hard place. That is what the G5 presidents and ADs should be working on.

Call their bluff. Force them to schedule us with equality or play each other, exclusively. Either way we win.

Another thing they should do is not schedule FCS. Any of us. Everyone gets 6 home and 6 away games.

This! All of this, especially the part about telling the "Cabal" to go (bleep) themselves if they don't want to schedule an even deal for playing games home and home. "Moo-U" has my respect as the only sec team to play UAB in a home and home football series, whereas no one else has the testicular fortititude to do the same in that conference.
10-24-2014 02:39 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.