Open TigerLinks

3 Upcoming Conference Opponents in ESPN's Bottom 10
Bookmark and Share
WColt45 Offline
Tigris Fanaticus

I Root For: West TN Normal
3 Upcoming Conference Opponents in ESPN's Bottom 10
2. SMU (0-5)

SMU escaped Week 7 without a loss to Open Date, though sources tell me the Fighting Byes did return the opening kickoff for a touchdown.

7. UConn (1-5)

The Huskies fell to Tulane in a Battle of the Beatens. On Sunday, I printed out the conference standings and left them in the kitchen. When my wife saw them, she said, "I didn't think these two teams were in ACC." I explained to her that she was correct. She had misread it, and they are in AAC, not the ACC, or for that matter the CCA, CIAA, SAC, MSCAC, NESCAC or NASCAR.

9. Tulsa (1-5)

We're joined this week by a second member of the American Athletic Conference of American Athletics. The Golden Hurricane made landfall in Philly but were eventually blown away from Temple and suffered their fifth consecutive loss. Their lone win came opening weekend via two OT's against their hey-our-name-sounds-the-same-as-yours friends from Tulane. If you're scoring at home, TU beat the other TU in OT but fell to the third TU in OCT.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/stor...-bottom-10
(This post was last modified: 10-15-2014 08:39 AM by WColt45.)
10-15-2014 08:38 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

TripleA Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis Tigers

Memphis Hall of Fame
RE: 3 Upcoming Conference Opponents in ESPN's Bottom 10
Win those 3, and we go bowling.
10-15-2014 08:48 AM
Brother Bluto Offline
Banned

I Root For: Jamammy
Gotta play like they're in the top 10 doe
(This post was last modified: 10-15-2014 08:50 AM by Brother Bluto.)
10-15-2014 08:49 AM
MemphisFan95 Offline
Coach A

I Root For: Memphis
Im sure Tulane might find there way into it too
10-15-2014 08:50 AM
innman Offline
1st String

Three opportunities to look good or crash and burn. We are capable of doing either.
10-15-2014 09:50 AM
TigersRuleAll Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
8-4 at the worst. Truthfully, Temple didn't look that good against Tulsa last Saturday....they trailed for much of that game.

Houston is much better than any remaining team on our schedule. With a two weeks off to rest up and think about that Houston loss, I'll be surprised if we don't curb stomp SMU next Saturday.
10-15-2014 09:59 AM
Advertisement

Gray Avenger Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: MEMPHIS
(10-15-2014 08:38 AM)WColt45 Wrote:  2. SMU (0-5)

SMU escaped Week 7 without a loss to Open Date, though sources tell me the Fighting Byes did return the opening kickoff for a touchdown.

7. UConn (1-5)

The Huskies fell to Tulane in a Battle of the Beatens. On Sunday, I printed out the conference standings and left them in the kitchen. When my wife saw them, she said, "I didn't think these two teams were in ACC." I explained to her that she was correct. She had misread it, and they are in AAC, not the ACC, or for that matter the CCA, CIAA, SAC, MSCAC, NESCAC or NASCAR.

9. Tulsa (1-5)

We're joined this week by a second member of the American Athletic Conference of American Athletics. The Golden Hurricane made landfall in Philly but were eventually blown away from Temple and suffered their fifth consecutive loss. Their lone win came opening weekend via two OT's against their hey-our-name-sounds-the-same-as-yours friends from Tulane. If you're scoring at home, TU beat the other TU in OT but fell to the third TU in OCT.

The last time we played those teams, they each beat hell out of us.
10-15-2014 10:05 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Brother Bluto Offline
Banned

I Root For: Jamammy
Yep
10-15-2014 10:19 AM
tcountytigerfan Offline
1st String

(10-15-2014 10:05 AM)Gray Avenger Wrote:  

7. UConn (1-5)

9. Tulsa (1-5)

Exactly - we HAVE to show up each and every week. Learned that lesson the hard way with Houston. I've got a feeling that won't happen again, though.

Go Tigers!
10-15-2014 10:22 AM
ksigtigerdood Offline
Heisman

It's pretty refreshing that we're no longer a mainstay on that list.
10-15-2014 11:18 AM
hsvtiger Offline
All American

I Root For: Tina

7. UConn (1-5)

9. Tulsa (1-5)

But,
Wait Til THIS Time!
10-15-2014 11:48 AM
Advertisement

TigersRuleAll Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

7. UConn (1-5)

9. Tulsa (1-5)

We beat Auburn the last time we played them too. What's your point?
10-15-2014 01:30 PM
Tigerx3 Offline
Hall of Famer

USF is waking up plus getting their star WR back.

Temple was front loaded with a bad schedule like we are back loaded. Who knows what they can do....but they do have a scat-back like QB.

The rest should be sure things if we be what we can be.
10-15-2014 02:14 PM
mairving Offline
Ignant Homer

Of the remaining games Temple is the only team that currently has a winning record. Temple has yet to play a team with a winning record.
10-15-2014 02:21 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mairving Offline
Ignant Homer

(10-15-2014 02:14 PM)Tigerx3 Wrote:  USF is waking up plus getting their star WR back.

Temple was front loaded with a bad schedule like we are back loaded. Who knows what they can do....but they do have a scat-back like QB.

The rest should be sure things if we be what we can be.

Temple's QB has rushed for 92 yards...total in Temple's 5 games. Paxton Lynch has 133 yards in 6 games. So the scatback definition doesn't work. Temple mostly uses the short pass game but their offense isn't very good at all.
10-15-2014 02:28 PM
UofMemphis Away
Official MT.org Ambassador of Smack

I Root For: Univ of Memphis

Donators
(10-15-2014 10:19 AM)Brother Bluto Wrote:  Yep

I'm glad you now see we're due a W over each of them...
10-15-2014 02:38 PM
Advertisement

Mickavelli Offline
Special Teams

(10-15-2014 11:18 AM)ksigtigerdood Wrote:  It's pretty refreshing that we're no longer a mainstay on that list.

What would be more refreshing if we make sure we don't end up on that list.
10-15-2014 02:45 PM
U of M/ND fan Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Tigers & Irish
Sure wish we had gotten the Coogs.... Damn.
10-15-2014 07:39 PM
Herff Tiger Offline
Heisman

I Root For: T-I-G-E-R-S
(10-15-2014 02:21 PM)mairving Wrote:  Of the remaining games Temple is the only team that currently has a winning record. Temple has yet to play a team with a winning record.

Temple plays Houston Friday night. That ought to give us an idea.
10-15-2014 08:18 PM
UofMemphis Away
Official MT.org Ambassador of Smack

I Root For: Univ of Memphis

Donators
SMU, Tulsa, Tulane, USF, UConn (combined 6-23)...we just have to win 3/5 to make a bowl game.

I think we can do that.
10-15-2014 08:28 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.