UAB Blazers

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

When/if we ever build a football stadium....
mobileblazer Offline
DadofTwins

I Root For: UAB
When/if we ever build a football stadium....
I'd love for our end zones to be like Lambeau Field's, so our players could do Blazer Leaps.
10-14-2014 05:27 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

LairDweller Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB #1/Iowa #2
RE: When/if we ever build a football stadium....
I went to UConn's stadium this past weekend…very unimpressive. It seems much older than it is
10-14-2014 06:03 PM
blazinrunner Offline
All American

I Root For: UAB & Marlins
WHEN we get it, I hope something cool and unique will be painted on the end zones for games. Something like flames, or the dragon scales like on the helmets. Something unique to UAB. Hard to do at Legion Field... you can still see the Blue end zone with Birmingham on it from the BBVA Bowl.
10-14-2014 06:50 PM
Marathon Blazer Offline
Heisman

(10-14-2014 06:50 PM)blazinrunner Wrote:  WHEN we get it, I hope something cool and unique will be painted on the end zones for games. Something like flames, or the dragon scales like on the helmets. Something unique to UAB. Hard to do at Legion Field... you can still see the Blue end zone with Birmingham on it from the BBVA Bowl.

It's better than last year, where the C-USA logo covered half of the BBVA Compass Bowl logo: BBC-USAss Bowl. Wish I still had the pic.
10-14-2014 08:01 PM
BlazeN'Bham Offline
All American

Can we focus on how we are going to keep Coach Clark?
10-14-2014 08:50 PM
Advertisement

B'ham Blazer Offline
All American

(10-14-2014 08:50 PM)BlazeNBham Wrote:  Can we focus on how we are going to keep Coach Clark?

Pay him accordingly?
10-14-2014 10:29 PM
GreenFreakUAB Offline
All American

(10-14-2014 08:50 PM)BlazeNBham Wrote:  Can we focus on how we are going to keep Coach Clark?

...in another thread, sure... 03-drunk
10-14-2014 10:37 PM
GreenFreakUAB Offline
All American

...I would like some kind of 'pyrotechnic' feature where we come out, but such that it would also 'mess' with the visitor's field entry... you know, like a fiery cauldron of doom for all who dare to enter the Dragon's Den... maybe shoot a few sparks over the visitors' heads when they come onto the field, for effect... or would that be OSHA compliant? 03-lmfao ...I can see the opposition running on the field with their banners, which are promptly torched by these pyrotechnics... 04-rock
(This post was last modified: 10-14-2014 10:48 PM by GreenFreakUAB.)
10-14-2014 10:47 PM
GreenFreakUAB Offline
All American

(10-14-2014 06:03 PM)LairDweller Wrote:  I went to UConn's stadium this past weekend…very unimpressive. It seems much older than it is

...The Rent... Uconn folks are not too big on that place from what I gather on their 'boneyard' site... it's a pretty funny (ha-ha) group of folks there... i started checking it out when all the conf. realignment was cooking, cause you never know where WE might end up... future conference mates?
10-14-2014 10:51 PM
Advertisement

randy22263 Offline
1st String

I Root For: uab
.....I suggest dressing warmly. Hell just froze over. 03-lmfao
10-14-2014 10:53 PM
TheGORILLA Offline
1st String

When/if we ever build a football stadium, we will be ranked 1st in attendance in the conference, at over 32,000 per game.....
10-15-2014 04:21 AM
Lou-A-B Offline
1st String

I Root For:
(10-14-2014 05:27 PM)mobileblazer Wrote:  I'd love for our end zones to be like Lambeau Field's, so our players could do Blazer Leaps.

No need to use nasty words on this forum...
10-15-2014 10:44 AM
BAMANBLAZERFAN Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB & Bama

BlazerTalk Award
I still think an offer of a "John Harbert Memorial Stadium" might expedite the matter. Harbert expedited the construction of I-459 between US 31 and US 280 (years ahead of the rest of the route) by paying to "endow a chair" for George Wallace at UAB so there is a family connection to the school. (That section of I-459 is now named for Harbert)
(This post was last modified: 10-15-2014 11:05 AM by BAMANBLAZERFAN.)
10-15-2014 10:52 AM
Advertisement

blazers9911 Online
Hall of Famer

Survivor Runner-up
It's been a few days since I heard about George Wallace. Do tell more.
10-15-2014 11:01 AM
BAMANBLAZERFAN Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB & Bama

BlazerTalk Award
(10-15-2014 11:01 AM)blazers9911 Wrote:  It's been a few days since I heard about George Wallace. Do tell more.

It's NOT about George Wallace except for an example of how powerful people get their way in Alabama political life. Harbert found a way to protect his substantial investments in the Riverchase area by getting a road built far ahead of plans. Have you not heard reports of similar charges today about political influence involving the route of the North Bypass in Jeffco? Do you believe money has lost its power because of party spelling?
10-15-2014 11:16 AM
Matrix Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB, N'Western
(10-14-2014 05:27 PM)mobileblazer Wrote:  I'd love for our end zones to be like Lambeau Field's, so our players could do Blazer Leaps.

03-lmfao Much as I'd like to see that, they'll get flagged for excessive demonstration, you can't have fun in college football anymore as a player, but it's a nice vision to have, too bad those BOT demons won't allow UAB to have its' own stadium, we're stuck with Legion Field and waiting on the city to get their MPF constructed. The hell with it, keep winning, fellas, damn the illusions, full speed ahead.
10-15-2014 11:45 AM
backyardblazer Offline
1st String

I Root For: The Blazers
(10-15-2014 10:52 AM)BAMANBLAZERFAN Wrote:  I still think an offer of a "John Harbert Memorial Stadium" might expedite the matter. Harbert expedited the construction of I-459 between US 31 and US 280 (years ahead of the rest of the route) by paying to "endow a chair" for George Wallace at UAB so there is a family connection to the school. (That section of I-459 is now named for Harbert)

Why don't you pitch that to Raymond, Margie, and J? Not sure I'd ask Wita, as she offered about 20 mil to build UAB the indoor track (pre Crossplex) and that didn't end well.
Even though they are Auburn fans, I'm sure 70 mil would be nothing to them.
10-15-2014 06:09 PM
Advertisement

blazinrunner Offline
All American

I Root For: UAB & Marlins
(10-15-2014 06:09 PM)backyardblazer Wrote:  
(10-15-2014 10:52 AM)BAMANBLAZERFAN Wrote:  I still think an offer of a "John Harbert Memorial Stadium" might expedite the matter. Harbert expedited the construction of I-459 between US 31 and US 280 (years ahead of the rest of the route) by paying to "endow a chair" for George Wallace at UAB so there is a family connection to the school. (That section of I-459 is now named for Harbert)

Why don't you pitch that to Raymond, Margie, and J? Not sure I'd ask Wita, as she offered about 20 mil to build UAB the indoor track (pre Crossplex) and that didn't end well.

Wait, what? What happened in the 20 mil deal?
10-16-2014 09:28 AM
backyardblazer Offline
1st String

I Root For: The Blazers
(10-16-2014 09:28 AM)blazinrunner Wrote:  
(10-15-2014 06:09 PM)backyardblazer Wrote:  

Wait, what? What happened in the 20 mil deal?

The short story is power struggle. (UAB did not want to allow 10-12 dates a years being reserved for non-UAB activities, in a building that would belong to UAB. These dates were for high school and middle school track meets and were to take priority over ALL other events.)
10-16-2014 06:05 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.