Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Things to improve upon Post Buffalo Game
Bookmark and Share
Luckeyone Offline
Heisman

I Root For: EMU
Things to improve upon Post Buffalo Game
OK, I gave Creighton and the football team their accolades after beating Buffalo; however, to keep improving, winning, and advancing towards a MAC championship, this is where I see the most improvement must be made as follows:
1) No senseless penalties like revoking Bolden's touchdown run due to an undisciplined penalty.
2) We need to keep working on our passing game that will set up the running game. Having the QB as the leading rusher is like fools gold. We want Bell to keep the defense honest but he will have a short career if we call his number to run 10-15 times per game. Now I don't want to steiffel him and I am not calling out our offensive coordinator because I believe Bell scored 1 touchdown on a broken play where he improvised.

3) Defensive adjustments and play of our safeties. On Buffalo's first two series, we let the QB run for 10 yards when we had them at 3rd down and long. I could see possibly giving up 1 long run, but not the second time. We should have had a spy on the QB who would have gotten to their QB and we would have gotten the ball on downs.
4) Our prevent defense needs some work. What a remarkable turn around from English's system. Our front 7 maybe better than anyone in the MAC excluding NIU. Getting back to prevent, our safeties were suppose to keep the receivers in front of them and instead let Buffalo score easily. I believe if the play of our safeties improve, this defense could be a top tier MAC defense.
5) Our FG and extra points seem like a hold your breath play. I believe our special teams have improved tremendously but they need confidence.

6) Catch the ball....I have seen us drop too many passes even Russell. Concentrate boys!

Finally, I am happy with the win, but it is not enough for me, for our players, for our coaches, for our students and alumni. The taste was sweet, let's get UMASS and see what happens next
10-14-2014 12:42 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

emu79 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: emu
RE: Things to improve upon Post Buffalo Game
(10-14-2014 12:42 PM)Luckeyone Wrote:  OK, I gave Creighton and the football team their accolades after beating Buffalo; however, to keep improving, winning, and advancing towards a MAC championship, this is where I see the most improvement must be made as follows:
1) No senseless penalties like revoking Bolden's touchdown run due to an undisciplined penalty.
2) We need to keep working on our passing game that will set up the running game. Having the QB as the leading rusher is like fools gold. We want Bell to keep the defense honest but he will have a short career if we call his number to run 10-15 times per game. Now I don't want to steiffel him and I am not calling out our offensive coordinator because I believe Bell scored 1 touchdown on a broken play where he improvised.

3) Defensive adjustments and play of our safeties. On Buffalo's first two series, we let the QB run for 10 yards when we had them at 3rd down and long. I could see possibly giving up 1 long run, but not the second time. We should have had a spy on the QB who would have gotten to their QB and we would have gotten the ball on downs.
4) Our prevent defense needs some work. What a remarkable turn around from English's system. Our front 7 maybe better than anyone in the MAC excluding NIU. Getting back to prevent, our safeties were suppose to keep the receivers in front of them and instead let Buffalo score easily. I believe if the play of our safeties improve, this defense could be a top tier MAC defense.
5) Our FG and extra points seem like a hold your breath play. I believe our special teams have improved tremendously but they need confidence.

6) Catch the ball....I have seen us drop too many passes even Russell. Concentrate boys!

Finally, I am happy with the win, but it is not enough for me, for our players, for our coaches, for our students and alumni. The taste was sweet, let's get UMASS and see what happens next

I think Creighton has already has 4 verbals for DBs next year and is still looking at some more. Just a general question how are the redshirt players developing? The only true frosh to play are Jones, Beck and Harris.
10-14-2014 01:02 PM
emu steve Online
Legend

I Root For: EMU / MAC
RE: Things to improve upon Post Buffalo Game
(10-14-2014 01:02 PM)emu79 Wrote:  
(10-14-2014 12:42 PM)Luckeyone Wrote:  OK, I gave Creighton and the football team their accolades after beating Buffalo; however, to keep improving, winning, and advancing towards a MAC championship, this is where I see the most improvement must be made as follows:

I think Creighton has already has 4 verbals for DBs next year and is still looking at some more. Just a general question how are the redshirt players developing? The only true frosh to play are Jones, Beck and Harris.

Yep, not much among the frosh.

Beck presumably replaced D. Scott.

Harris replaced our DEs who were injured. (we had problems along the DL before the first game, e.g., Steels, Pipkins, etc.). I believe Steels had a broken hand. Forgot what was wrong with Pipkins.

And Jones played for a depleted WR corps.

They got their taste of FBS football early.
10-14-2014 02:19 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.