Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

Daily News: Shelby County Inmate to be Honored for Rescue
Bookmark and Share
kabluey Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Memphis
Daily News: Shelby County Inmate to be Honored for Rescue
"A Shelby County jail inmate will be honored for rescuing a woman who was involved in a car crash.

County officials say Tyteaddis Johnson was serving jail time for aggravated burglary when he was assigned to a grass-cutting crew near Memphis International Airport on July 21.

While Johnson was working, a car crashed into a vehicle driven by Margaret Dobbs. Her car then hit another vehicle and flipped over, trapping Dobbs upside down in her seatbelt.

Officials say Johnson reached through the window, cut the seatbelt with lawn shears and pulled Dobbs from the car.

Dobbs is scheduled to be present at a ceremony on Tuesday where Shelby County Mayor Mark Luttrell and corrections officials will be honoring Johnson."
10-14-2014 10:02 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

rc0213 Offline
1st String

RE: Daily News: Shelby County Inmate to be Honored for Rescue
That is great to hear. I hope more inmates learn from this, that just because you are sent to jail, does not mean you have to keep doing wrong. These inmates need to learn from their mistakes and try to make the best of their lives once they get out. And, people need to realize that some of these people do not want to repeat their crimes, and that we should not hold their crimes over their heads after they served their time.
10-14-2014 10:07 AM
Advertisement

Willie Becton Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Fair Play.
Tyteaddis??
10-14-2014 12:11 PM
MGR Offline
1st String

Good for him.
10-14-2014 12:49 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.