Stay Dry and Safe SBC
Bookmark and Share
panama Offline
Legend

I Root For: Georgia STATE
Stay Dry and Safe SBC
Nasty Weather for the next 12-18 hours
10-14-2014 06:23 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

TheEagleWay Offline
POWER OVERWHELMING

I Root For: TheNatCapital
RE: Stay Dry and Safe SBC
The battery to my truck went dead this morning and I was trying to hook up my charger to it and I noticed a Christmas tree of lightning over my head.

[Image: octapus.gif]

Thankfully my wife's school is on fall break, so I took her vehicle.
10-14-2014 06:43 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
panama Offline
Legend

I Root For: Georgia STATE
7:47 am and looks like 5:47 am outside....gonna be a fun fun day in Atlanta traffic
10-14-2014 06:49 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Mbruuner Offline
2nd String

I Root For: TROY & Sun Belt
We're under a bloody tornado watch here in western SC. :(
10-14-2014 07:33 AM
NCeagle Offline
NOT BANNED

I Root For: Ga Southern
yeah, under a tornado watch in charlotte till 2pm
10-14-2014 07:49 AM
TheEagleWay Offline
POWER OVERWHELMING

I Root For: TheNatCapital
Macon is under the watch till 11am.
10-14-2014 07:51 AM
Advertisement

Arrowhead Offline
Beltbbs ULM INsider

I Root For: ULM
(10-14-2014 07:51 AM)TheEagleWay Wrote:  Macon is under the watch till 11am.

We got hit by a tornado in Monroe yesterday lot's of damage, but thankfully no one killed. It even crossed the river. Many homes destroyed and people without power, including my office. Please keep us in your prayers. The Governor declared a state of emergency.
10-14-2014 08:32 AM
TrueBlueAlum Offline
1st String

I Root For: GA Southern
(10-14-2014 08:32 AM)Arrowhead Wrote:  

We got hit by a tornado in Monroe yesterday lot's of damage, but thankfully no one killed. It even crossed the river. Many homes destroyed and people without power, including my office. Please keep us in your prayers. The Governor declared a state of emergency.

I heard about that. Got a buddy out there. Hope you and your fam are doing ok.
10-14-2014 08:41 AM
Mbruuner Offline
2nd String

I Root For: TROY & Sun Belt

I saw that on the local news. The 1st I told the missus was that ULM country, our Conf mate. No one killed, now it's time to rebuild!! Get it done...
10-14-2014 08:42 AM
bobcat09 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Texas State
texas got our fair share friday night. put a damper on most of the state's high school football games. but it wont get over 60 degrees in ft worth today
10-14-2014 08:45 AM
SpeedkingATL Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: App State
(10-14-2014 08:42 AM)Mbruuner Wrote:  

I saw that on the local news. The 1st I told the missus was that ULM country, our Conf mate. No one killed, now it's time to rebuild!! Get it done...

Heard about the weather in Monroe; hope everyone makes it thru it okay. I got lucky (so far) in ATL as the worst of the first wave missed us in the Powers Ferry area.07-coffee3
10-14-2014 08:47 AM
Advertisement

ATLGSUEAGLE Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: GA....SOUTHERN
Weather radio starting going off at midnight, but got me out of bed at 5AM, thankfully I am not traveling this week and work from home, though I do need to head to the GWCC at some point
10-14-2014 08:48 AM
chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
Yeah that junk came through here yesterday. Was under the understanding that I had to go into the office yesterday, so being me, I risked life and limb and drove the 1 hour from Jonesboro to Memphis in a thunderstorm with 50+MPH winds. Got to Memphis safely, and 2 minutes from the office, I get a call saying they were sending everyone home because of the storms and I didn't need to come in after all.

I was none too pleased.
10-14-2014 08:48 AM
StanMolsonMan Offline
All American

I Root For: GSU
Tornado sirens going off at 5 am in NW Metro Atlanta. Fun times. Limbs down all over the back yard. Definitely got off easy compared to a lot of people.
10-14-2014 08:54 AM
6FlagsOverGeorgiaSouthern Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: GA Southern
Stay Dry and Safe SBC
(10-14-2014 06:49 AM)panama Wrote:  7:47 am and looks like 5:47 am outside....gonna be a fun fun day in Atlanta traffic

Took me about an hour and a half to get to work...typically about a 40 minute drive in the mornings.
10-14-2014 08:57 AM
ATLGSUEAGLE Offline
Special Teams

(10-14-2014 08:54 AM)StanMolsonMan Wrote:  Tornado sirens going off at 5 am in NW Metro Atlanta. Fun times. Limbs down all over the back yard. Definitely got off easy compared to a lot of people.

I see people on Facebook complaining about their area not having tornado sirens, we are just getting some in Dunwoody…come on people its 2014, get an app, get a weather radio, get with the times….sirens seem outdated
10-14-2014 08:58 AM
Advertisement

StanMolsonMan Offline
All American

I Root For: GSU
(10-14-2014 08:58 AM)ATLGSUEAGLE Wrote:  
(10-14-2014 08:54 AM)StanMolsonMan Wrote:  Tornado sirens going off at 5 am in NW Metro Atlanta. Fun times. Limbs down all over the back yard. Definitely got off easy compared to a lot of people.

I see people on Facebook complaining about their area not having tornado sirens, we are just getting some in Dunwoody…come on people its 2014, get an app, get a weather radio, get with the times….sirens seem outdated

I would agree to a point, but this morning it was the sirens going off that woke me up, not the weather update on my phone. Also sirens can be overridden by local authorities. If a trained tornado spotter(typically sheriff or police) has spotted a tornado or funnel cloud, the sirens can be instantly sounded before the weather service relays the weather warning.
10-14-2014 09:05 AM
Arrowhead Offline
Beltbbs ULM INsider

I Root For: ULM

I have to say being in a tornado is scary stuff. Weather doesn't freak me out, but I almost drove my car into a building trying to hop out and seek shelter. Things were flying by hitting the car, power lines were snapping shooting fire everywhere, signs and trees were getting ripped out of the ground, and window blowing out of cars. I moved my car right before a tree fell in my parking lot and a tree crushed the house next door. Scary stuff that I hope none of you are now dealing with. Stay safe!
10-14-2014 09:07 AM
chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
(10-14-2014 09:05 AM)StanMolsonMan Wrote:  

I would agree to a point, but this morning it was the sirens going off that woke me up, not the weather update on my phone. Also sirens can be overridden by local authorities. If a trained tornado spotter(typically sheriff or police) has spotted a tornado or funnel cloud, the sirens can be instantly sounded before the weather service relays the weather warning.

Correct, they also don't have to sound them if a Tornado is going to miss the area. We see it a lot in Arkansas, the county you are in is under a tornado warning, but your sirens are not going off because the Tornado is going to miss you by 10 miles.
10-14-2014 09:19 AM
ATLGSUEAGLE Offline
Special Teams

(10-14-2014 09:19 AM)chiefsfan Wrote:  
(10-14-2014 09:05 AM)StanMolsonMan Wrote:  

Correct, they also don't have to sound them if a Tornado is going to miss the area. We see it a lot in Arkansas, the county you are in is under a tornado warning, but your sirens are not going off because the Tornado is going to miss you by 10 miles.

If there was a tornado within 10 miles of me I would take the wife and dogs to the basement
10-14-2014 09:35 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.