Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Tailgating perspective
Bookmark and Share
Longhorn Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: JMU
Tailgating perspective
I was reading GoHens (always a pleasure after a UD loss) and a few pages in some clueless UD fella (one of the few who apparently made the trip to BFS) had started a thread posing the question (as a complaint) asking how a person could tailgate at JMU seeing how there was no place to park close to the stadium. 03-hissyfit

What maroon. Obviously this genius wasn't familiar with the fact JMU's tailgating scene is massive, and fans of opposing teams can't just roll up on game day and park next to the stadium and set up their spread.

It's unfortunate that JMU screwed the pooch and gave away a game to a program in serious decline, but maybe JB should send this UD fan an invitation to join the DC and pony up the necessary contribution to JMU FB so next time he visits H'Burg he can tailgate on Godwin Field. 03-lmfao

JMU fans sometimes forget how good we have it, and how the game day experience at BFS is second to none at the FCS level, and rivals/exceeds that found at many large FBS programs.
10-14-2014 12:16 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Hotrod829 Offline
All American

RE: Tailgating perspective
(10-14-2014 12:16 AM)Longhorn Wrote:  I was reading GoHens (always a pleasure after a UD loss) and a few pages in some clueless UD fella (one of the few who apparently made the trip to BFS) had started a thread posing the question (as a complaint) asking how a person could tailgate at JMU seeing how there was no place to park close to the stadium. 03-hissyfit

What maroon. Obviously this genius wasn't familiar with the fact JMU's tailgating scene is massive, and fans of opposing teams can't just roll up on game day and park next to the stadium and set up their spread.

It's unfortunate that JMU screwed the pooch and gave away a game to a program in serious decline, but maybe JB should send this UD fan an invitation to join the DC and pony up the necessary contribution to JMU FB so next time he visits H'Burg he can tailgate on Godwin Field. 03-lmfao

JMU fans sometimes forget how good we have it, and how the game day experience at BFS is second to none at the FCS level, and rivals/exceeds that found at many large FBS programs.
When I went to a UD game I had to park in a residential neighborhood because I couldn't get close to stadium.
10-14-2014 07:20 AM
BSKB 24 Offline
All American

I don't know where visitors have to park to tailgate at our place, but I know when we travel to a lot of our peers we get some really great parking spots. Towson has a lot for us right at the entrance to the stadium. Richmond, William and Mary, Nova, Liberty all have prime spots for us as well. I have had good spots at Delaware, too.

Perhaps JB and staff should re-visit our hospitality.

We have an awesome tailgaiting scene at JMU. (I have the best spot on campus) Wouldn't hurt to treat our opponents like we get treated.
10-14-2014 07:56 AM
mistrhanky Offline
2nd String

Well, they are the opponent. In my book, that means they come after our folks. Take care of your own first, especially when your own are shelling out the bucks. Also, when you get a tenth of the people, you are going to have a lot more spaces to park guests. Nobody shows up to Towson that's why spaces are available...

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk
(This post was last modified: 10-14-2014 08:20 AM by mistrhanky.)
10-14-2014 08:19 AM
JMU2004 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: DUKES
Take care of your own and provide ample shuttles from general parking.

We do both.
10-14-2014 08:21 AM
Advertisement

JMUDuke25 Offline
All American

(10-14-2014 07:56 AM)BSKB 24 Wrote:  We have an awesome tailgaiting scene at JMU. (I have the best spot on campus) Wouldn't hurt to treat our opponents like we get treated.

The level of bitching has no ends with this fanbase.
10-14-2014 08:21 AM
ShadyP Offline
Heisman

(10-14-2014 08:21 AM)JMUDuke25 Wrote:  
(10-14-2014 07:56 AM)BSKB 24 Wrote:  We have an awesome tailgaiting scene at JMU. (I have the best spot on campus) Wouldn't hurt to treat our opponents like we get treated.

True. There is plenty of parking at JMU and plenty of shuttle buses running from parking lots on gamedays at JMU. But you take care of your donors and season ticket holders first and foremost and they get the 'cherry' locations.
10-14-2014 08:25 AM
JMUforBreakfast Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: jmu
I can't believe it's been 5 years since we beat Delaware. That L is going to kill us this year....
10-14-2014 08:45 AM
All Dukes_All Day Offline
All American

I Root For: JMU, Pitt
(10-14-2014 07:56 AM)BSKB 24 Wrote:  I don't know where visitors have to park to tailgate at our place, but I know when we travel to a lot of our peers we get some really great parking spots. Towson has a lot for us right at the entrance to the stadium. Richmond, William and Mary, Nova, Liberty all have prime spots for us as well. I have had good spots at Delaware, too.

We have an awesome tailgaiting scene at JMU. (I have the best spot on campus) Wouldn't hurt to treat our opponents like we get treated.

Considering that people pay a lot of money to park in Godwin Field and the Showker lots, I'm okay with opposing fans being forced into parking at Convo.

We actually have 20-25k every game...a number that a few CAA schools don't eclipse in a season. Supply and demand, in my opinion.
10-14-2014 08:53 AM
Advertisement

Potomac Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: James Madison
Tailgating perspective
I'm not going to a Michigan game and wondering why I don't have the prime spots next to the stadium.
With fewer fans in attendance, comes more spots available. It's a simple logic.

I've now watched half of the teams in the CAA at home on TV this season. So far there's been no UD. Unh has had the second best atmosphere and crowds. Everyone else pretty much looks pathetic, although stony brook had a surprising amount of people for who they are.
We even have more people in the stands and more atmosphere than many G5 games I've watched.
We've got it good.... Aside from the whole CAA4LYFE thing.
10-14-2014 09:00 AM
Deez Nuts Offline
Moderator. Go Dukes!

I Root For: the Dukes
(10-14-2014 08:19 AM)mistrhanky Wrote:  Well, they are the opponent. In my book, that means they come after our folks. Take care of your own first, especially when your own are shelling out the bucks. Also, when you get a tenth of the people, you are going to have a lot more spaces to park guests. Nobody shows up to Towson that's why spaces are available...

Bingo!
10-14-2014 09:07 AM
BleedingPurple Offline
Hall of Famer

If a visitor contacts the JMU ticket office to get tickets they can also get a parking pass. They are treated no different than a JMU alumni who does not give to the Duke Club or buy season tickets. No, its not going to be on Godwin Field,"P" Lot, Hanson etc. R-1 is generally where the single game people get parked, no matter whether a JMU fan or the opposition.
10-14-2014 09:19 AM
boozeANDammo Offline
2nd String

Who gives a rats ass where Delaware fans park. They're Delaware fans!
10-14-2014 11:42 AM
Advertisement

ShadyP Offline
Heisman

(10-14-2014 11:42 AM)boozeANDammo Wrote:  Who gives a rats ass where Delaware fans park. They're Delaware fans!

THIS!!!!!!!!!!!
10-14-2014 11:44 AM
JMUDunk Offline
Rootin' fer Dukes, bud

I Root For: Freedom
(10-14-2014 11:42 AM)boozeANDammo Wrote:  Who gives a rats ass where Delaware fans park. They're Delaware fans!

Yea, we've lost our edge.

Blue chicken fans... Let 'em park at friggin Bridgewater and walk.
10-14-2014 12:42 PM
BDKJMU Offline
Heisman

(10-14-2014 07:56 AM)BSKB 24 Wrote:  I don't know where visitors have to park to tailgate at our place, but I know when we travel to a lot of our peers we get some really great parking spots. Towson has a lot for us right at the entrance to the stadium. Richmond, William and Mary, Nova, Liberty all have prime spots for us as well. I have had good spots at Delaware, too.

If JMU was getting only 3-11k people to a game could let visiting fans park up close too..
10-14-2014 12:48 PM
Mad victory Offline
1st String

I can assure you that BSKB is not bitching, he is simply an accommodating fella. He is a professional taigating ambassador, and wants to see everyone enjoy what we have, (for a day)
10-14-2014 08:36 PM
Advertisement

jmutoml757 Offline
All American

I Root For: jmu
(10-14-2014 08:36 PM)Mad victory Wrote:  

I can assure you that BSKB is not bitching, he is simply an accommodating fella. He is a professional taigating ambassador, and wants to see everyone enjoy what we have, (for a day)

And he is a master tailgate chef- some of the best chowder and flank steak I have eaten were courtesy of BSKB. I can't wait to see what he cooks up for the Bill and the Wench game.
10-14-2014 08:56 PM
BSKB 24 Offline
All American

(10-14-2014 08:56 PM)jmutoml757 Wrote:  

And he is a master tailgate chef- some of the best chowder and flank steak I have eaten were courtesy of BSKB. I can't wait to see what he cooks up for the Bill and the Wench game.

I assumed he was being facetious. I really do appreciate it when I travel to our driveable opponents and get to park in a decent spot. And, as I stated, I don't know where our opponents park when they come to a JMU game. No bitching here.
10-14-2014 09:10 PM
JMU85 Offline
All American

I Root For: The Dukes of JMU
Tailgating perspective
(10-14-2014 08:56 PM)jmutoml757 Wrote:  

Got to enjoy some amazing hospitality and delicious breakfast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
10-14-2014 09:26 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.