Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Sign the Apocalypse is near
jaminandjachin Offline
All American

I Root For: UNC
For their Oct 25 tv selection, CBS chose Miss St vs Kentucky. That was chosen over more traditional games like:

Alabama vs Tennessee
South Carolina vs Auburn
Ole' Miss vs LSU

Just let that sink in....Kentucky.
10-13-2014 12:43 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

USFRamenu Away
Enthusiast

I Root For: South Florida
RE: Sign the Apocalypse is near
You did say "Basketball" right? 03-idea
10-13-2014 02:47 PM
chargeradio Offline
Vamos Morados

I Root For: ALA, KY, USA
Imagine if Kentucky had not gotten a bad break with the officiating in the Florida game - we could have been looking at two undefeated teams.
10-13-2014 03:43 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Rabbit_in_Red Offline
Banned

I Root For: Louisville, ACC
I'll give UK credit, they're taking advantage of situations that they use to not take advantage of. But the best two teams they've beaten so far, Vanderbilt and South Carolina, are beyond awful this year. Beyond that, they've beaten up cup cakes they SHOULD be beating. I think they're a paper tiger of a team that's getting the benefit of the doubt due to the SEC bias. They'll likely go to a bowl game this year, so there is that I suppose. Tennessee is terrible this year, and Mizzou lost to IU which is about the only P5 school that's historically WORSE than UK.
10-13-2014 04:21 PM
Rabbit_in_Red Offline
Banned

UK fans should be excited with the progress, but be weary of thinking they're something that they're not at the moment.
10-13-2014 04:22 PM
ChrisLords Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Virginia Tech
Duke is good in football. Surely that's a sign of the Apocalypse.
10-13-2014 04:58 PM
Advertisement

jaminandjachin Offline
All American

(10-13-2014 04:58 PM)ChrisLords Wrote:  Duke is good in football. Surely that's a sign of the Apocalypse.

Believe it or not, Duke has a better record in football than Kentucky
10-13-2014 05:00 PM
Ned Low Offline
All American

I Root For: ECU
(10-13-2014 04:21 PM)Rabbit_in_Red Wrote:  I'll give UK credit, they're taking advantage of situations that they use to not take advantage of. But the best two teams they've beaten so far, Vanderbilt and South Carolina, are beyond awful this year. Beyond that, they've beaten up cup cakes they SHOULD be beating. I think they're a paper tiger of a team that's getting the benefit of the doubt due to the SEC bias. They'll likely go to a bowl game this year, so there is that I suppose. Tennessee is terrible this year, and Mizzou lost to IU which is about the only P5 school that's historically WORSE than UK.

Dude, South Carolina is far from being awful this year. Let's see how they fare against Clemson at the end of the season.
10-13-2014 05:32 PM
CoogNellie Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Houston
Louisville is in a downward trend and Kentucky is on the upswing. Things might be changing in the Bluegrass state.
10-13-2014 05:41 PM
jaminandjachin Offline
All American

(10-13-2014 05:41 PM)CoogNellie Wrote:  Louisville is in a downward trend and Kentucky is on the upswing. Things might be changing in the Bluegrass state.

How is Louisville in a downward trend?
10-13-2014 05:44 PM
Maize Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Athletes First
(10-13-2014 05:41 PM)CoogNellie Wrote:  Louisville is in a downward trend and Kentucky is on the upswing. Things might be changing in the Bluegrass state.

You hope...Recruiting is going well by Louiaville Standards and the Majority of the Current Nations #1 Defense-(was ranked #1 in 2013 as well returns in 2015).

We will be fine and a solid and winning program in the ACC...as for Kentucky they do have a lot of good young talent...both schools in the Commonwealth should be going Bowling the next few years....07-coffee3
10-13-2014 05:47 PM
Advertisement

Maize Offline
Hall of Famer

(10-13-2014 05:44 PM)jaminandjachin Wrote:  

How is Louisville in a downward trend?

He still mad that Louisville left the AAC...even though if we said no UConn or Cincinnati would have gotten the ACC Bid...
10-13-2014 05:48 PM
CoogNellie Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Houston
(10-13-2014 05:47 PM)Maize Wrote:  You hope...Recruiting is going well by Louiaville Standards and the Majority of the Current Nations #1 Defense-(was ranked #1 in 2013 as well returns in 2015).

We will be fine and a solid and winning program in the ACC...as for Kentucky they do have a lot of good young talent...both schools in the Commonwealth should be going Bowling the next few years....07-coffee3

Are we watching the same Louisville teams? 2012 and 2013 Cards looked much better than this years edition.

I hope Louisville does well in the ACC. Not many programs in that conference are committed to winning so I don't see why Louisville can't be amongst the Clemsons, VTs, and FSUs.
10-13-2014 05:53 PM
Maize Offline
Hall of Famer

(10-13-2014 05:53 PM)CoogNellie Wrote:  
(10-13-2014 05:47 PM)Maize Wrote:  You hope...Recruiting is going well by Louiaville Standards and the Majority of the Current Nations #1 Defense-(was ranked #1 in 2013 as well returns in 2015).

Are we watching the same Louisville teams? 2012 and 2013 Cards looked much better than this years edition.

I hope Louisville does well in the ACC. Not many programs in that conference are committed to winning so I don't see why Louisville can't be amongst the Clemsons, VTs, and FSUs.

Dude we start a True Freshman QB who only played QB his Senior year in HS and missing our best Offensive Weapon in likely 1st/2nd Round WR DeVonte Parker....out with a broken foot..still 5-2 Overall record with a entire new coaching staff.

FTR, Teddy Bridgewater was that Good...but the current Defense has not given up a Offensive TD in 17 Quarters and will return at least 7 Starters and will have eligible in 2015 two former Georgia Starters in Shaq Wiggins and All SEC Player Josh Harvey-Clemons to go with the 7 returning Starters.

My only concern is the Offense but trust Petrino to get it fix...
(This post was last modified: 10-13-2014 06:11 PM by Maize.)
10-13-2014 06:01 PM
Dasville Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UofL

History is a subject to be studied.
10-13-2014 06:01 PM
Maize Offline
Hall of Famer

(10-13-2014 06:01 PM)Dasville Wrote:  

History is a subject to be studied.

UK is going to be pretty good the next couple of years...Stoops has gone IMO the Hugh Frees route in recruiting...especially hitting Ohio hard and taking players that in the past would have went to schools like Michigan State and Wisconsin.

Louisville is doing well in Alabama, Florida, Mississippi and Georgia...currently already have verbals from a 4* QB in the 2015 and a 4* QB in the 2016 class.

We should be a solid 8-4 school and a good 3rd wheel in the ACC Atlantic.
10-13-2014 06:09 PM
Advertisement

Rabbit_in_Red Offline
Banned

Sorry, I'm still trying to figure out how this joker thinks Louisville's trending downward...them grapes must be awfully sour!
10-13-2014 06:15 PM
rednblackattack Offline
1st String

I Root For: UofL

Dumb post. UK is coming off 2 straight winless conference seasons while UofL is coming off of bowl wins over #3 Florida (who has beaten UK 26 straight years) and Miami. We are 5-2 in a bit of a rebuilding year in a new league

UK's best win is a very average USC team. They are benefiting off a very very weak SEC East
(This post was last modified: 10-13-2014 06:18 PM by rednblackattack.)
10-13-2014 06:17 PM
Maize Offline
Hall of Famer

(10-13-2014 06:17 PM)rednblackattack Wrote:  

Dumb post. UK is coming off 2 straight winless conference seasons while UofL is coming off of bowl wins over #3 Florida (who has beaten UK 26 straight years) and Miami. We are 5-2 in a bit of a rebuilding year in a new league

UK's best win is a very average USC team. They are benefiting off a very very weak SEC East

To be fair some of our Fanbase was saying things like 11-1 and 10-2...myself was always saying for this year 8-4 and anything above gravy...but with no Parker-(Nobody on the roster that can take the lid off a defense) we get to 8-4 this year will be very happy.
10-13-2014 06:25 PM
bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
(10-13-2014 04:58 PM)ChrisLords Wrote:  Duke is good in football. Surely that's a sign of the Apocalypse.

Kentucky is just a half game behind UGA in the SEC East. Ole Miss and Mississippi St. lead the SEC West. Baylor is in the top 5 with the MS schools. Minnesota is tied with Iowa for the lead in the Big 10 West.
10-13-2014 06:29 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.