Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

A Little Early but All-MAC Candidates?
Bookmark and Share
emu steve Offline
Legend

I Root For: EMU / MAC
A Little Early but All-MAC Candidates?
This is kind of a news flash for folks who don't normally watch EMU FB (that is about 99.9999% of the resident U.S. population).

EMU has two strong candidates for all-MAC on DEFENSE which is NEWS.

I would like to suggest folks in Foxborough and throughout the MAC this week watch DL Pat O'Connor and LB, Anthony Zappone.

O'Connor has a motor which won't quit and I assume leads the MAC DL in sacks and Zappone is a beast out there -- Big, strong, and a hitter from his LB spot.

Best defenders we've had since Jason Jones (now a starting DE with the Detroit Lions). P.S. the Lions have some kind of DL. They treated Teddy Bridgewater like a rag doll out there Sunday.
10-13-2014 05:51 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

emu steve Offline
Legend

RE: A Little Early but All-MAC Candidates?
BTW, when folks start looking at all-MAC they'll find that the offensive skill position leaders are almost all non-seniors. That suggests the MAC will be much stronger next year. MAC loses the Miami QB and CMU's ace RB, Rawls, among the top QBs, RBs, and WRs.

Happy days at coming again to your favorite MAC stadium next September (for those who consider the MAC down this year, and that includes me).
10-13-2014 06:02 AM
Sam Minuteman Offline
2nd String

I Root For: UMass/USF
Keep an eye on the Air attack from UMass, some big numbers going up in conference play. Just need them to turn into W's!
10-13-2014 11:56 AM
DICK Offline
1st String

I Root For:
(10-13-2014 06:02 AM)emu steve Wrote:  BTW, when folks start looking at all-MAC they'll find that the offensive skill position leaders are almost all non-seniors. That suggests the MAC will be much stronger next year. MAC loses the Miami QB and CMU's ace RB, Rawls, among the top QBs, RBs, and WRs.

Happy days at coming again to your favorite MAC stadium next September (for those who consider the MAC down this year, and that includes me).

Miami's David Frazier (Senior) is second in the MAC in recieving yardage.
Miami's Quinten Rollins (Senior) leads the MAC in interceptions and is second in passes defended.
10-13-2014 09:26 PM
CMichFan Offline

I Root For: CMU

Crappies
Davis and Rawls are obviously candidates, although Davis's injury might impact that. Other possibilities for CMU:

Offense: G Andy Phillips, LT Ramadan Ahmeti, and WR Jesse Kroll (our current leader in receptions and receiving TDs).

Defense: MLB Justin Cherocci, DB Tony Annese, NT Leterrious Walton. We have other playmakers on D as well, (CB Brandon Greer, DEs Serpa and Ostman) but not sure if they have the stats or recognition yet.
10-13-2014 09:46 PM
UofToledoFans Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Toledo and G5
Toledo could have two RB's make it: one as freshman team, one as all MAC. The problem is Swanson (freshman) didn't get many carries early and we found out how good he was after Hunt got hurt. Hunt will be back next week vs. Umass to continue his damage... who knows how impressive each overall statistics will be knowing how good each have been respectively.
Hunt- 59 carries. 7 TD's. 8.9 ypc.
Swanson- 63 carries. 4 TD's. 7.8 ypc.

Russel and Jones will probably both make one of the All MAC teams for WR. Russel probably not on 1st because Jones is taking the load off.

UT has 5 linemen that are seniors so I'm not sure how to figure out which will gain honors? Mancz has been ALL MAC twice now, but he is playing center instead of guard which could keep him out of all conference honors. I don't pay much attention to how good other centers are.

Defensively Toledo has some good DLmen and Linebackers deserving respect. The only bright spot for the D. #1 in the MAC in rushing defense.
(This post was last modified: 10-13-2014 10:00 PM by UofToledoFans.)
10-13-2014 09:59 PM
Advertisement

axeme Offline
Sage

I Root For: hoops

Folding@NCAAbbsDonatorsCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappies
KSU Soph. safety Nate Holley is 3rd in the country in tackles (13.3 tpg) and leads the MAC by a comfortable margin.
10-14-2014 08:36 AM
emu steve Offline
Legend

Phil Steele weighs in with his MID-season All-MAC 1st and 2nd teams. I like them.

http://www.masslive.com/umassfootball/in...ry_package

And someone is rolling over in their grave that EMU has 3 defenders in Phil's 1st or 2nd teams. (in recent years we haven't been able to get one in the 1st or 2nd team or sometimes honorable mention - our defenses have been THAT bad).
10-17-2014 05:26 PM
uakronkid Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Akron
Surprising that Akron only has three players between the 1st and 2nd team defenses. Also that Zips Punter Zach Paul doesn't get a mention.
10-17-2014 06:12 PM
El Grande Flippero Offline
1st String

I Root For: BG!! SU!!
I think BGSU DT Gus Schwieterman deserves some consideration.
10-17-2014 06:37 PM
MileHighBronco Offline
Legend

I Root For: Broncos
Anybody have a link for the actual page from Steele?
10-17-2014 08:36 PM
Advertisement

Chipdip2 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: America
(10-13-2014 09:46 PM)CMichFan Wrote:  Davis and Rawls are obviously candidates, although Davis's injury might impact that. Other possibilities for CMU:

Offense: G Andy Phillips, LT Ramadan Ahmeti, and WR Jesse Kroll (our current leader in receptions and receiving TDs).

Defense: MLB Justin Cherocci, DB Tony Annese, NT Leterrious Walton. We have other playmakers on D as well, (CB Brandon Greer, DEs Serpa and Ostman) but not sure if they have the stats or recognition yet.

Should a convicted felon like Rawls be included in an All MAC discussion? Should the lady who had her purse and credit cards stole and used by this pig, have to see him glorified in the media?
10-17-2014 10:46 PM
CMUDOC Offline
Water Engineer

(10-17-2014 10:46 PM)Chipdip2 Wrote:  
(10-13-2014 09:46 PM)CMichFan Wrote:  Davis and Rawls are obviously candidates, although Davis's injury might impact that. Other possibilities for CMU:

Should a convicted felon like Rawls be included in an All MAC discussion? Should the lady who had her purse and credit cards stole and used by this pig, have to see him glorified in the media?
10-17-2014 11:39 PM
CMUDOC Offline
Water Engineer

(10-17-2014 11:39 PM)CMUDOC Wrote:  
(10-17-2014 10:46 PM)Chipdip2 Wrote:  

the little dippie is beyond being sane!!!!!!!!:
10-17-2014 11:40 PM
Boca Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For:
Have to laugh-Toledo has played against 3 of the 4RB's Steele's chose for their Mid Season All-MAC team. Here's how they did versus the Toledo starters:

Ball State:
Edwards 21 carries 125 YDs 0 TDs 6.0 YPA
Toledo:
Hunt 12 carries 142 YDs 1 TDs 11.8 YPA

CMU:
Rawls 17 carries 65 YDs 2 TDs 3.8 YPA
Toledo:
Swanson 11 carries 97 YDs 1 TDs 8.8 YPA

WMU:
Franklin 20 carries 64 YDs 1 TDs 3.2 YPA
Toledo:
Swanson 19 carries 172 YDs 1 TDs 9.1 YPA
(This post was last modified: 10-18-2014 12:23 AM by Boca Rocket.)
10-18-2014 12:20 AM
ColinApocalypse Offline

I Root For: WMU
(10-18-2014 12:20 AM)Boca Rocket Wrote:  Have to laugh-Toledo has played against 3 of the 4RB's Steele's chose for their Mid Season All-MAC team. Here's how they did versus the Toledo starters:

Ball State:
Toledo:

CMU:
Toledo:

WMU:
Toledo:

What do you want, a cookie?

Franklin leads the COUNTRY in rushing TDs.
10-18-2014 12:40 AM
Advertisement

emu steve Offline
Legend

(10-17-2014 08:36 PM)MileHighBronco Wrote:  Anybody have a link for the actual page from Steele?

EMU has it. Easy to read.

http://www.emueagles.com/news/2014/10/17...h=football
10-18-2014 05:47 AM
H2Oville Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For: Toledo R0ckets
No QBs? Can't recall the last time the MAC didn't have a dominant QB. Lefever (sp), Harnish, Jordan, Gradkowski, the guy from Ball, Rothlesberger. Thelist goes on. Most years there were a couple #1a types as well. This year's projected guys were probably Johnson from BG (injured) and Ely of Toledo (injured) and Ely only based on being an SEC backup and big time HS star. So who gets QB honors?
10-18-2014 09:06 AM
emu steve Offline
Legend

(10-18-2014 09:06 AM)H2Oville Rocket Wrote:  No QBs? Can't recall the last time the MAC didn't have a dominant QB. Lefever (sp), Harnish, Jordan, Gradkowski, the guy from Ball, Rothlesberger. Thelist goes on. Most years there were a couple #1a types as well. This year's projected guys were probably Johnson from BG (injured) and Ely of Toledo (injured) and Ely only based on being an SEC backup and big time HS star. So who gets QB honors?

I like Terrell and Frohnapfel but they don't make me forget Big Ben, Gradkowski, etc.

Frohnapfel is a fine pure passer.

Terrell seems to do a really nice job of managing the WMU offense by making good usage of Franklin.
10-18-2014 09:55 AM
emu steve Offline
Legend

(10-18-2014 12:40 AM)ColinApocalypse Wrote:  
(10-18-2014 12:20 AM)Boca Rocket Wrote:  Have to laugh-Toledo has played against 3 of the 4RB's Steele's chose for their Mid Season All-MAC team. Here's how they did versus the Toledo starters:

Ball State:
Toledo:

CMU:
Toledo:

WMU:
Toledo:

What do you want, a cookie?

Franklin leads the COUNTRY in rushing TDs.

Two points:

1). Didn't Franklin set out much of the Toledo game hurt?

2). Franklin now seems to be more of a setup for the passing game. What I mean is that WMU continue to pound Franklin into the line and force 8 in the box and then start throwing. If the opponents put 8 in the box to stop Franklin and Terrell starts throwing to Corey Davis and Braverman there is a dangerous passing attack.
10-18-2014 09:58 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.