Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Who covers the AAC on the Playoff Committee?
NBPirate Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Georgetown
I saw where Condi Rice covers CUSA. Who is our rep?
10-12-2014 10:49 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Piratelife4me Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: ECU
RE: Who covers the AAC on the Playoff Committee?
(10-12-2014 10:49 PM)NBPirate Wrote:  I saw where Condi Rice covers CUSA. Who is our rep?

Google.... But I will do the heavy lifting

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball...conference

• American: Mike Gould, Pat Haden

• ACC: Tom Jernstedt, Archie Manning

• Big Ten: Pat Haden, Condoleezza Rice

• Big 12: Barry Alvarez, Mike Tranghese

• Conference USA: Tom Osborne, Condoleezza Rice

• Mid-American: Barry Alvarez, Tyrone Willingham

• Mountain West: Oliver Luck, Archie Manning

• Pac-12: Mike Gould, Tom Osborne

• SEC: Oliver Luck, Steve Wieberg

• Sun Belt: Dan Radakovich, Tyrone Willingham

• Independents: Dan Radakovich, Steve Wieberg
(This post was last modified: 10-12-2014 11:02 PM by Piratelife4me.)
10-12-2014 11:00 PM
Wavetime Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Tulane
Pat Haden!!!

This guy is a joke. The way he treated Orgeron speaks volumes about how he operates. And, I am no Ed Orgeron fan.
(This post was last modified: 10-12-2014 11:27 PM by Wavetime.)
10-12-2014 11:26 PM
TripleA Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis Tigers

Memphis Hall of Fame
Pat Haden is awful for us. He has a serious P5 bias.
10-13-2014 08:07 AM
apex_pirate Offline
All American

I Root For: East Carolina
The four covering the PAC-12 and B1G are the same 4 covering C-USA and The American.
10-13-2014 08:27 AM
Advertisement

NBPirate Offline
Heisman

This is not good.
10-13-2014 08:29 AM
b0ndsj0ns Offline
Legend

(10-13-2014 08:07 AM)TripleA Wrote:  Pat Haden is awful for us. He has a serious P5 bias.

Not really, considering what makes ECU above Marshall at this point is P5 wins. Having guys with P5 bias judging ECU vs Marshall makes ECU look stronger and Marshall weaker.
10-13-2014 09:28 AM
NBPirate Offline
Heisman

(10-13-2014 09:28 AM)b0ndsj0ns Wrote:  
(10-13-2014 08:07 AM)TripleA Wrote:  Pat Haden is awful for us. He has a serious P5 bias.

Not really, considering what makes ECU above Marshall at this point is P5 wins. Having guys with P5 bias judging ECU vs Marshall makes ECU look stronger and Marshall weaker.

True. No chance Haden has Marshall on his top 25 ballot
10-13-2014 09:29 AM
b0ndsj0ns Offline
Legend

(10-13-2014 09:29 AM)NBPirate Wrote:  

Also do you think Oliver Luck will give Marshall any benefit of the doubt? I certainly don't.
10-13-2014 09:39 AM
Advertisement

tnzazz Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis Tigers!

IMO after his tirade during the USC game a couple of weeks ago should have gotten dropped from this.
10-13-2014 09:42 AM
wavefan12 Offline
All American

Is there anyway to see Haden's current top 25 ballot?
10-13-2014 09:50 AM
TripleA Offline
Legend

Memphis Hall of Fame

You're missing the point. It has nothing to do with ECU vs. Marshall, or even with this year in particular, assuming their assignments remain the same.

Overall, Haden thinks G5 schools are garbage. Therefore, do you really think he is going to put a lot of credence into SOS, or anything else, when it comes to evaluating individual teams?

My impression is that he might not even watch any G5 games, which is his assignment. Therefore, his conclusions related to G5 schools are likely to be BS.

Hope that is more clear.
(This post was last modified: 10-13-2014 10:13 AM by TripleA.)
10-13-2014 10:12 AM
TripleA Offline
Legend

Memphis Hall of Fame
I also agree that once he pulled that on-field tirade, he should have been kicked off the selection committee.
10-13-2014 10:14 AM
Advertisement

b0ndsj0ns Offline
Legend

(10-13-2014 10:12 AM)TripleA Wrote:  

You're missing the point. It has nothing to do with ECU vs. Marshall, or even with this year in particular, assuming their assignments remain the same.

Overall, Haden thinks G5 schools are garbage. Therefore, do you really think he is going to put a lot of credence into SOS, or anything else, when it comes to evaluating individual teams?

My impression is that he might not even watch any G5 games, which is his assignment. Therefore, his conclusions related to G5 schools are likely to be BS.

Hope that is more clear.

My point is only where he ranks ECU vs Marshall, and if he is indeed as P5 biased as you say and if he really pays no attention then that favors ECU even more. ECU has played and beaten some name opponents and had highlights all over the place while Marshall hasn't played a game that you could find without a great sports package or hijacked stream. No AAC team has a sniff at the playoff so the only thing that matters is the Access bowl slot.

Posted from my mobile device using the CSNbbs App
10-13-2014 10:24 AM
TripleA Offline
Legend

Memphis Hall of Fame
You're still missing the point. Haden could just as easily pick Marshall b/c they have more wins, since he doesn't give a damn about any G5 schools to start with. He isn't logical when it comes to the G5, sorta like when he lost his mind and ran on the field.

And again, I'm also looking at the larger picture, not just ECU vs. Marshall this year. If that assignment holds, we will have this problem every year.
(This post was last modified: 10-13-2014 10:31 AM by TripleA.)
10-13-2014 10:29 AM
bearcatlawjd Offline
All American

I Root For: UC
(10-13-2014 10:29 AM)TripleA Wrote:  You're still missing the point. Haden could just as easily pick Marshall b/c they have more wins, since he doesn't give a damn about any G5 schools to start with. He isn't logical when it comes to the G5, sorta like when he lost his mind and ran on the field.

And again, I'm also looking at the larger picture, not just ECU vs. Marshall this year. If that assignment holds, we will have this problem every year.

Assuming Marshall is 13-0 its going to very interesting to see what happens in the committee room with them. Does Marshall even enter the discussion due to their schedule. There is a good chance that the American's champion will be ECU or UCF. The Mountain West still has a chance to produce a solid champion if Boise State, Colorado State, or Utah State win out. All those schools will have at least one win over BYU or a power five team. If the committee resembles the basketball committee then Marshall is going to have a difficult time making the access bowl over a 1 or 2 loss team from the American or the Mountain West. A 1 loss Marshall would still have a challenge against a 3 loss champion too. If the committee's behavior is a rubber stamp of the traditional media and coaches polls then C-USA fans should be very happy. We might have to wait a few years to discover the bias and preferences of the committee. Remember a top 25 SMU basketball team was left out of the NCAA tournament. Could a a top 25 Marshall team be left out as well due to their schedule? My preference would be for the committee to act like the basketball committee. While the sample size isn't that large in college football, SOS is still a solid tool.
(This post was last modified: 10-13-2014 10:48 AM by bearcatlawjd.)
10-13-2014 10:46 AM
PiratePanther189 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: ECU, AAC
Pat Haden is an idiot, there's no doubting that.

But the AAC's work will have to speak for itself no matter who our committee coverage team is.
10-13-2014 10:49 AM
wavefan12 Offline
All American

(10-13-2014 10:12 AM)TripleA Wrote:  

Hope that is more clear.

If Haden doesn't respect the G5's then he would side with a one loss ECU who actually stepped up and played a legit P5 non-conf schedule. You lose me with your argument. To assume he isn't going to take his assignment seriously is a huge assumption.
10-13-2014 10:49 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.