Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Marshall's Pathetic Schedule
sfink16 Offline
All American

I Root For: Temple
Interesting that every FBS opponent (not counting horrendous FCS Rhode Island) on Marshall's schedule has scheduled at least one P5 team, some have scheduled two P5 teams.

If all those G5 teams can schedule P5 opponents why can't Marshall?
(This post was last modified: 10-12-2014 03:01 PM by sfink16.)
10-12-2014 03:01 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Insane_Baboon Offline
1st String

I Root For: VT & UCF
RE: Marshall's Pathetic Schedule
They had Louisville, but they pushed back the game. It's not like they didn't try to schedule at least one P5 team.
10-12-2014 03:03 PM
sfink16 Offline
All American

I Root For: Temple
(10-12-2014 03:03 PM)Insane_Baboon Wrote:  They had Louisville, but they pushed back the game. It's not like they didn't try to schedule at least one P5 team.

You mean that they are the only G5 team that this has happened too? Buyouts happen all the time. Schedule two P5 teams in case it happens. Have a contingency plan ready and available.

At least half the G5 seem to be schedule at least two P5 teams anyway.
10-12-2014 03:05 PM
ArmoredUpKnight Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UCF Knights
Marshall is not in our conference. How is this relevant as a Topic here???
10-12-2014 03:06 PM
Purple n Gold Offline
No Quarter!

I Root For: East Carolina
They must have looked at the oppurtunity of going undefeated with almost everyone from the East C-USA gone. I wish we would have scheduled Marshall instead of NC Central so this whole debate would be non existant
10-12-2014 03:09 PM
Purple n Gold Offline
No Quarter!

I Root For: East Carolina
(10-12-2014 03:06 PM)ArmoredUpKnight Wrote:  Marshall is not in our conference. How is this relevant as a Topic here???

A bit OT but it does go along with ECU and Temple's chance of qualifying for the big bowl.
10-12-2014 03:10 PM
Advertisement

NBPirate Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Georgetown
The committee better be careful. If Marshall gets the access bowl after going undefeated you're going to see a scheduling change among the G5 and SOS will be out the window.
10-12-2014 03:14 PM
UCF08 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UCF
Just don't be upset at SEC fans when they complain about your weak schedule then.
10-12-2014 03:16 PM
banker Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Marshall
So Marshall looked at the opportunity of everyone in CUSA east being gone? Hamrick must a fortune teller then since the Ohio, Akron and Miami Oh series were scheduled before realignment was announced, let alone took place.

Also, based on Temple's performance against Tulsa yesterday, the OP doesn't have much room to talk. It's not like Marshall wouldn't be undefeated with Temple's schedule.
10-12-2014 03:16 PM
tnzazz Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis Tigers!
(10-12-2014 03:14 PM)NBPirate Wrote:  The committee better be careful. If Marshall gets the access bowl after going undefeated you're going to see a scheduling change among the G5 and SOS will be out the window.

Yep and everything the committee has been saying goes out the window.
10-12-2014 03:17 PM
NBPirate Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Georgetown
(10-12-2014 03:16 PM)banker Wrote:  So Marshall looked at the opportunity of everyone in CUSA east being gone? Hamrick must a fortune teller then since the Ohio, Akron and Miami Oh series were scheduled before realignment was announced, let alone took place.

Also, based on Temple's performance against Tulsa yesterday, the OP doesn't have much room to talk. It's not like Marshall wouldn't be undefeated with Temple's schedule.

Have you seen what Temple is about to face? Penn State, Cincy, UCF, Houston, ECU in consecutive weeks
10-12-2014 03:21 PM
Advertisement

Yung Knight Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: UCF
Disgusting, half of our conference would be undefeated with that garbage schedule so far
10-12-2014 03:37 PM
banker Offline
Hall of Famer

(10-12-2014 03:37 PM)Yung Knight Wrote:  Disgusting, half of our conference would be undefeated with that garbage schedule so far

Which 6 teams?
10-12-2014 03:44 PM
oldtiger Away
Forgiven Through Jesus' Grace

I Root For: Memphis

DonatorsBlazerTalk AwardMemphis Hall of Fame
Although they did schedule the Cards and for some reason that didn't work out, I do understand the concern about future scheduling for all of us if Marshall's schedule earns them the one spot that all G5 conferences have access to.

I hadn't seen them play much until yesterday. After watching them, I believe that they are pretty impressive. None of us will know where they would finish in the MWC/AAC or if they would be undefeated, but they would finish near the top, if not at the top; for sure. I've got a better feel for them after yesterday and they are a good football team imho.
10-12-2014 03:48 PM
GrayBeard Offline
Whiny Troll

I Root For: My Kids & ECU

Crappies
Stop conjuring up Banker the troll.

Posted from my mobile device using the CSNbbs App
10-12-2014 03:48 PM
banker Offline
Hall of Famer

Why exactly am I a troll? I would consider people that post things like "Marshall wouldn't finish top 5 in the AAC" and such to be trolls, especially Houston fans. Plus, I just can't get 59-28 out of my head.
10-12-2014 03:58 PM
Advertisement

Insane_Baboon Offline
1st String

I Root For: VT & UCF
(10-12-2014 03:37 PM)Yung Knight Wrote:  Disgusting, half of our conference would be undefeated with that garbage schedule so far

Honestly, it's hard to go undefeated even with an easy schedule. I don't think more than one or two AAC teams would be able to go undefeated even with Marshall's schedule.
(This post was last modified: 10-12-2014 04:00 PM by Insane_Baboon.)
10-12-2014 04:00 PM
PirateMarv Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ECU
(10-12-2014 03:48 PM)oldtiger Wrote:  Although they did schedule the Cards and for some reason that didn't work out, I do understand the concern about future scheduling for all of us if Marshall's schedule earns them the one spot that all G5 conferences have access to.

I hadn't seen them play much until yesterday. After watching them, I believe that they are pretty impressive. None of us will know where they would finish in the MWC/AAC or if they would be undefeated, but they would finish near the top, if not at the top; for sure. I've got a better feel for them after yesterday and they are a good football team imho.

That is going to be a problem going forward if the CFP voters reward a program for this type of schedule. It doesn't seem likes the CFP voters can rate Marshall highly in their poll since they have been adamant about the issue of SOS; not only for the Access bowl, but for the playoff as well. So Marshall looks like they will be the first test case for the CFP. If Marshall is rated over Colorado State (assuming they win their conference) then the CFP will have to do some backtracking on what they stated that their rules were. The real issue comes in for Big Ten teams that schedule easy wins against the MAC like Marshall has. Because the B10 teams is going to want the Marshall treatment, which I am pretty sure that the SEC teams will object to.

Another issue is Boise State, because if Marshall can get away with this type of scheduling then we already know that Boise State will go right back to scheduling like they did in their WAC days.
(This post was last modified: 10-12-2014 04:05 PM by PirateMarv.)
10-12-2014 04:01 PM
Sundanceuiuc Away
Hall of Famer

I Root For: .
(10-12-2014 04:00 PM)Insane_Baboon Wrote:  

Honestly, it's hard to go undefeated even with an easy schedule. I don't think more than one or two AAC teams would be able to go undefeated even with Marshall's schedule.

Yep. Undefeated is HARD. Even when you are supposed to win, sometimes you don't. Nature of the beast.

Marshall deserves a TON of credit if they can pull off zero losses. Having said that, a 1 loss ECU team is probably better and needs the access bowl spot.

They could shock us and take a one loss ECU and an undefeated Marshall as well?

(just kidding, no way that happens…)
10-12-2014 04:09 PM
Sundanceuiuc Away
Hall of Famer

I Root For: .
A lot of us were in a conference with Marshall fairly recently, not sure why people get worked up over the Herd. I got no beef with them. I hope ECU gets the access spot, but that is just good business for our conference and backing the AAC, nothing personal against the Herd...
(This post was last modified: 10-12-2014 04:11 PM by Sundanceuiuc.)
10-12-2014 04:11 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.