http://www.johnsoncitypress.com/article/...adium-site
10-12-2014 08:37 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Buc66 Offline
All American

I Root For: ETSU Bucs
RE: New Stadium info
(10-12-2014 08:37 AM)RRTguy Wrote:  Looks like we might find out the location at the homecoming celebration:

http://www.johnsoncitypress.com/article/...adium-site

Sounds like some significant pledges are involved, and Sander said work would begin immediately after the announcement.

Which sight is favored by the gang on here? (can someone pinpoint these two sites?)
10-12-2014 08:51 AM
etsubuc Offline
All American

I Root For: ETSU
Depends on what they are going to do with the roads. I like the maintenance facility location if they are able to widen the road a little through there to make getting in and out easier.
10-12-2014 12:31 PM
bucfan81 Offline
Heisman

(10-12-2014 12:31 PM)etsubuc Wrote:  Depends on what they are going to do with the roads. I like the maintenance facility location if they are able to widen the road a little through there to make getting in and out easier.

That is my opinion also. I think they have thought it through and will make the necessary changes to the roads.
10-12-2014 01:21 PM
Buccaneerlover Offline
All American American

I Root For: ETSU/Mid Majors
The maintenance facility spot was always the right place. Room for growth.
Here's what I'd like to know, it says they need 18 million dollars to build it, does that include the in kind gifts that Sander has hinted at (IE all the brick being donated)?
I also wonder if they've looked at acquiring any of the bleachers from Daytona, who has retracted their seating by thousands, or maybe any of the useable seats from Greer Stadium in Nashville (which is finally being closed!).
10-12-2014 01:31 PM
etsubuc Offline
All American

Well I remember Ron Ramsey specifically mentioning the seating during the early stages, he said he did not want cheap bleachers. It wouldn't shock me to see them put in individual seats.
10-12-2014 01:39 PM
Advertisement

ETSUfan1 Offline
SoCon / ETSU Mod

I Root For: ETSU Football

Donators
New Stadium info
Could seats from the dome be repurposed. From everything I've heard, it's going to be at the maintenance site.
(This post was last modified: 10-12-2014 05:38 PM by ETSUfan1.)
10-12-2014 05:38 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ETSUfan1 Offline
SoCon / ETSU Mod

Donators
New Stadium info
18 million is actually a really low number. Not sure that number is totally correct unless they are fudging something.
(This post was last modified: 10-12-2014 05:41 PM by ETSUfan1.)
10-12-2014 05:41 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Buccaneerlover Offline
All American American

Chairback metal bleachers arent cheap.
And I dont think theyll yank seats out of the dome if they plan to house graduations or other special events there.

Posted from my mobile device using the CSNbbs App
10-12-2014 08:14 PM
Millser Offline
Water Engineer

(10-12-2014 05:41 PM)ETSUfan1 Wrote:  18 million is actually a really low number. Not sure that number is totally correct unless they are fudging something.

I wonder if that doesn't include materials being donated (like the brick)

anyways I still think if Kenny Chesney is the big donated that would bring a lot attention, also maybe have bleechers in the student section but seats everywhere else?
10-12-2014 08:56 PM
etsubuc Offline
All American

(10-12-2014 08:56 PM)Millser Wrote:  
(10-12-2014 05:41 PM)ETSUfan1 Wrote:  18 million is actually a really low number. Not sure that number is totally correct unless they are fudging something.

I wonder if that doesn't include materials being donated (like the brick)

anyways I still think if Kenny Chesney is the big donated that would bring a lot attention, also maybe have bleechers in the student section but seats everywhere else?

The idea that the students get the worst seating has to stop. They finally have improved seating in Freedom Hall versus what they had in the Dome, we need to do the same when we build the stadium. It needs to be a much better setup than they currently have at Science Hill. Don't stick them on the endzones if you have room, and have seating that is as good as any other seating.
10-13-2014 04:29 AM
Advertisement

bucgal Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: etsu /usc/uga
In an earlier post, I brought up the seating at the new stadium. I definitely disagreed with the then proposed seating.

Both home and visitor side identical with with a complete circle of seats in the end zone. Students and band would be stuck in those seats.

The stadium would not be much bigger than Science Hill's stadium but have end zone seats. Yes, there will be sky-boxes and a press box on the home side but it still will be a glorified high school stadium with approx. 4k seats on each side

Nearly every university/college builds a bigger and nicer home side and has limited seating for the visitors. When you need addition seating normally they deck the home side first and then add seats, as needed on the visitors side. End-zone seating is added dead last not first.

In the past and IMO in the future there will not be many visiting team supporters coming to ETSU. It sounds like they want the ETSU fans to sit on the visitor side.

Heard something over the weekend but have no proof. Maybe someone on the board can confirm.
There will be a large ETSU fan suite built on the visitors side but not one on the home side. Why would you build one on the visitor side?

Most of the time I have really liked what the university is doing and is planning to do but I don't support the stadium plan.
10-13-2014 06:53 PM
ETSUfan1 Offline
SoCon / ETSU Mod

Donators
Hey BucGal, I had heard a rumor at the gametime 101 that ETSU was going to model their stadium after UNCC, but just a little smaller. Any truth to that? I would be happy with something like this.

[Image: uncc-stadium.jpg]
10-13-2014 07:09 PM
etsubuc Offline
All American

At that point you don't really have a true home and visitors side.

I agree that end zone seating is stupid, almost as stupid as a track. Putting students in those end zone sections is just terrible and, in my opinion, will end any prospect of large student support.

I don't have a problem with equal size for both sides, but the sides should both be larger with no end zones.
10-13-2014 07:13 PM
The Cats Offline
2nd String

I Root For: WCU
(10-13-2014 06:53 PM)bucgal Wrote:  Nearly every university/college builds a bigger and nicer home side and has limited seating for the visitors. When you need addition seating normally they deck the home side first and then add seats, as needed on the visitors side. End-zone seating is added dead last not first.

There will be a large ETSU fan suite built on the visitors side but not one on the home side. Why would you build one on the visitor side?

I think you are looking at it wrong. Most colleges have gone away from a home and visitors sides. The home school utilizes both sides. We now use the terms East and West stands. The East stands are the older, larger side at Western and used to be the "home" side. It now holds the students, reserved seating, and a fairly small visitors seating section. Actually, the visiting team is now on that side as well.

On the newer west stands, there is Catamount Club seating, reserved seating, and the band sits on the west side (all 500 members). The Catamounts football team is also on the west side. So, no more home and away sides....but east and west stands.

Here's a seating chart..... http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/wcar...um_Map.pdf
10-13-2014 07:28 PM
ETSUfan1 Offline
SoCon / ETSU Mod

Donators
I know at KT Stadium, we are selling season tickets on both sides...

[Image: Football%20Stadium%20Map.jpg]
10-13-2014 07:38 PM
Advertisement

bucgal Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: etsu /usc/uga
Cats- WCU built the majority of their seats on the home side. When they decided to do a major renovation they built really nice stands, that included the Catamount Club, room for the band, no end zone seats and switched the home team side. I totally agree with that. ETSU is not doing that.

The UNCC stadium has 15,600 seats. As your picture of the stadium shows, stands are not very high and a lot of the seats are in the end zone. I prefer to sit higher and be between the twenties, not low and in the end zone.

ETSU has no choice but to sell reserved seating on both sides of Kermit Tipton. There are only 5,200 seats available. There is a band stand in the West end zone.
10-13-2014 07:59 PM
ETSUfan1 Offline
SoCon / ETSU Mod

Donators
I'm really hoping ETSU is planning on bringing temporary bleachers in (atleast a couple thousand) to KT.
10-13-2014 08:02 PM
Buc66 Offline
All American

I Root For: ETSU Bucs
Was there (below), but do not remember how the seating was determined. Believe students were on the west side. Was neat, remember the end zone banks would be full. Students got in by showing their ID card -- they would punch the card at the gate (actually punched a hole in your ID card -- during basketball season, the thing was full of holes by the end of the season)

http://www.johnsoncitypress.com/article/...-be-played
10-14-2014 12:58 PM
Buccaneerlover Offline
All American American

The UNC-Charlotte stadium in my opinion is a beautiful facility and built with room to grow. I have no issue with ETSU building a horseshoe style facility where the band is on the end and can play out towards both sides of the stadium. Also, if you have the vision of growing the fanbase and eventually turning this into something more than just being in the SmallCon with private schools then building this way is best.
This is one time I believe they've done their homework the right way. In the short term, it'll look a little awkward, mid to long term, it's the right move.
10-14-2014 03:37 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.