Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

Thoughts from the game
Bookmark and Share
Tigerlabel Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Memphis
Thoughts from the game
Deeply disappointed. I thought we did not know how to contain their QB (wait until we play Temple they have one just like him and he can throwi) and our offensive strategy was very poor against their defense. I cannot believe how many times we tried to run it up the middle with a scat back. Our only meaningful rushing yards were on the outside. Lynch looked intimated by their D or maybe confused is a better opinion.
Honestly I do not accept the "be grateful were at 3-3 record" when we should have beat this team. Yes, I do believe we should have beat them.
(This post was last modified: 10-11-2014 10:50 PM by Tigerlabel.)
10-11-2014 10:44 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

21-17 Best Time I Ever Ha Offline
Heisman

I Root For: MEMPHIS BY DAMN
RE: Thoughts from the game
You mean a scat back?
10-11-2014 10:46 PM
EarthBoundMisfit Offline
Tongue tied and twisted

I Root For: CardiacAblation
We didn't play with that aggressive chip on our shoulders tonight.
Houston has a very good defense....and was determined to take away our running game, and make Lynch beat them throwing.
Our offensive line just didn't play with much intensity...Houston probably could have run the ball on us more if they had wanted to.
10-11-2014 10:48 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Tigerlabel Offline
Special Teams

(10-11-2014 10:46 PM)21-17 Best Time I Ever Ha Wrote:  You mean a scat back?

Yes. Sorry.
10-11-2014 10:49 PM
tigerlands Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
(10-11-2014 10:44 PM)Tigerlabel Wrote:  Deeply disappointed. I thought we did not know how to contain their QB (wait until we play Temple they have one just like him and he can throwi) and our offensive strategy was very poor against their defense. I cannot believe how many times we tried to run it up the middle with a scant back. Our only meaningful rushing yards were on the outside. Lynch looked intimated by their D or maybe confused is a better opinion.
Honestly I do not accept the "be grateful were at 3-3 record" when we should have beat this team. Yes, I do believe we should have beat them.

Yep, I agree 100%. The Tigers had a real chance to step up and beat a team that isn't very good and go 4-2 heading into the SMU. To stumble, at home, was a step backwards. Blah.
10-11-2014 10:50 PM
Rob
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
It's not a step backwards, it's the reality that we aren't good enough to overcome the inevitable games where we aren't playing well.
10-11-2014 10:51 PM
Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Claw Offline
Hall of Famer

5 turnovers. We had 5 turnovers and still had a chance to win. Take care of the ball and we win easily.
10-11-2014 10:55 PM
tnzazz Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis Tigers!
Thoughts from the game
This game sucked balls. It was our "let down" game.
10-12-2014 12:23 AM
Chi-TownTiger Offline
Got Stripes?

I Root For: Memphis Tigers

Donators
How on earth did we lose this game. So unbelievably frustrating. Killer game. Stupid stupid stupid.
10-12-2014 12:26 AM
uofmcamaro Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Consistency
(10-11-2014 10:50 PM)tigerlands Wrote:  
(10-11-2014 10:44 PM)Tigerlabel Wrote:  Deeply disappointed. I thought we did not know how to contain their QB (wait until we play Temple they have one just like him and he can throwi) and our offensive strategy was very poor against their defense. I cannot believe how many times we tried to run it up the middle with a scant back. Our only meaningful rushing yards were on the outside. Lynch looked intimated by their D or maybe confused is a better opinion.

Yep, I agree 100%. The Tigers had a real chance to step up and beat a team that isn't very good and go 4-2 heading into the SMU. To stumble, at home, was a step backwards. Blah.

If you say it enough do you think it'll make us believe it?
10-12-2014 12:51 AM
Brother Bluto Offline
Banned

I Root For: Jamammy
They were patted on the back all week and apparently considering the crowd so where our fans.
10-12-2014 08:10 AM
Advertisement

bluebacker Away
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Close Games

Donators
(10-12-2014 12:26 AM)Chi-TownTiger Wrote:  How on earth did we lose this game. So unbelievably frustrating. Killer game. Stupid stupid stupid.

It is tough to lose this one but missed tackles and turnovers will do that every time unless you just totally outclass the opponent. I think last night was easily the worst game we've played this year. I hope I can still make that statement after the bowl game.

Looking at the rest of the schedule I see at least 4-2 to finish 7-5; 8-4 is not out of the question.

Going bowling.
10-12-2014 09:24 AM
bubbapt Offline
Uh, what?

Donators
(10-12-2014 09:24 AM)bluebacker Wrote:  
(10-12-2014 12:26 AM)Chi-TownTiger Wrote:  How on earth did we lose this game. So unbelievably frustrating. Killer game. Stupid stupid stupid.

It is tough to lose this one but missed tackles and turnovers will do that every time unless you just totally outclass the opponent. I think last night was easily the worst game we've played this year. I hope I can still make that statement after the bowl game.

Looking at the rest of the schedule I see at least 4-2 to finish 7-5; 8-4 is not out of the question.

Going bowling.

That feel like a game we just threw away. It could have been 21 - 0 in the first quarter.
10-12-2014 11:33 AM
Herff Tiger Offline
Heisman

I Root For: T-I-G-E-R-S
(10-11-2014 10:44 PM)Tigerlabel Wrote:  I cannot believe how many times we tried to run it up the middle with a scat back. Our only meaningful rushing yards were on the outside.

It seemed to me that our worst, and most frequent, running play was Craft around the end, which Houston was on top of all night. I don't know how many times we lost 2 yds on that.

The play where Lynch & Hayes messed up the handoff looked open up the middle, then Hayes had one other good run up the same lane. I thought we waited too long to try that and then didn't use it enough.
10-12-2014 12:16 PM
boss man Offline
The Collapse is Imminent

I Root For: MEMPHIS TIGERS
Two things basically doomed the TIGERS last night.

First was five turnovers. That'll kill you most games.

Second was Cougar QB Hines elusivness; he managed Houdini level escapes on about four sack opportunities when the TIGERS had multiple defenders collapsing the pocket.

Credit to Houston. On to bye week and then the visit to SMU.
10-12-2014 12:59 PM
JHG722 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Temple
(10-11-2014 10:44 PM)Tigerlabel Wrote:  Deeply disappointed. I thought we did not know how to contain their QB (wait until we play Temple they have one just like him and he can throwi) and our offensive strategy was very poor against their defense. I cannot believe how many times we tried to run it up the middle with a scat back. Our only meaningful rushing yards were on the outside. Lynch looked intimated by their D or maybe confused is a better opinion.

PJ is a pocket passer. Just because he's black, athletic, and not particularly tall doesn't make him a running QB. He doesn't think of himself as a dual threat QB, he thinks of himself as a pocket passing QB who can run if need be. He does have 3 rushing TDs, but he only has 92 yards in 5 games. He's looking to pass first, and run only if he's escaping a pass rush. We're not designing much for him in the run game.
10-12-2014 01:29 PM
Advertisement

Rob
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
I'm not worried about any of the teams we play, just about us. I think we've shown that if we play well we can beat any team left on the schedule. Just up to our guys to execute and not make mistakes.
10-12-2014 01:35 PM
Quote this message in a reply
hsvtiger Offline
All American

I Root For: Tina
1. Houston is better than Cincy, esp with their new QB & the fact the Cincy's #1 was out the 2nd half.
2. Cincy played poorly against us. We played poorly against Houston. Some of it was us, some was what they did.
3. We (fans, media, team) got too high after Cincy win. Made everyone think we were better than we really are.
4. Remember, UH essentially beat UCF last week - they dropped the ball crossing the goal line for the win. They are not a bad team.
5. UH has a Top 15 defense and they have team speed approaching that of Ole Miss.
6. UH is very good at creating TOs and winning the TO battle. That is who they are and what they do. They had something to do with our poor execution & 5 TOs.
7. I think UH played UCF last THursday. They had 2 more days to prepare for us than we did for them. Plus, they made a change to a new QB which made out prep more difficult. Not an excuse, just a reality.
8. 2 years ago, we couldnt stay on the field with these guys. Last night, we went toe-to-toe with them.
9. Most thought we'd be 2-4 at this point, possibly 1-5 if we lost to MT. We got a little ahead of ourselves after Cincy game, but 3-3 is ahead of where anyone thought we'd be and we have been in EVERY game, even @OM & @UCLA. Relax & enjoy an exciting & competitive team - but, we didnt suddenly become a team full of 3* & 4* players.
10. Crowd was a little disappointing, but considering all factors - Fall Break, Cards playoff game, MSU-Aub game, OM-TXa&m game, rainy forecast, Mem game available on TV - it wasnt surprisingly low. We just havent become must-watch football yet, but we have averaged 35k against a schedule of. AP, MT, and UH. Still noticeable improvement
Go Tigers!!!
(This post was last modified: 10-12-2014 02:54 PM by hsvtiger.)
10-12-2014 01:47 PM
MemTiger90 Offline
All American

(10-12-2014 01:47 PM)hsvtiger Wrote:  1. Houston is better than Cincy, esp with their new QB & the fact the Cincy's #1 was out the 2nd half.
2. Cincy played poorly against us. We played poorly against Houston. Some of it was us, some was what they did.
3. We (fans, media, team) got too high after Cincy win. Made everyone think we were better than we really are.
4. Remember, UH essentially beat UCF last week - they dropped the ball crossing the goal line for the win. They are not a bad team.
5. UH has a Top 15 defense and they have team speed approaching that of Ole Miss.
6. UH is very good at creating TOs and winning the TO battle. That is who they are and what they do. They had something to do with our poor execution & 5 TOs.
7. I think UH played UCF last THursday. They had 2 more days to prepare for us than we did for them. Plus, they made a change to a new QB which made out prep more difficult. Not an excuse, just a reality.
8. 2 years ago, we couldnt stay on the field with these guys. Last night, we went toe-to-toe with them.
9. Most thought we'd be 2-4 at this point, possibly 1-5 if we lost to MT. We got a little ahead of ourselves after Cincy game, but 3-3 is ahead of where anyone thought we'd be and we have been in EVERY game, even @OM & @UCLA. Relax & enjoy an exciting & competitive team - but, we didnt suddenly become a team full of 3* & 4* players.
10. Crowd was a little disappointing, but considering all factors - Fall Break, Cards playoff game, MSU-Aub game, OM-TXa&m game, rainy forecast, Mem game available on TV - it wasnt surprisingly low. We just havent become must-watch football yet, but we have averaged 40k against a schedule of. AP, MT, and UH. Still noticeable improvement
Go Tigers!!!
Were averaging right around 34,000 through 3 home games. It's going to take good crowds in the last 3 home games to average 40,000 for the year
10-12-2014 02:24 PM
hsvtiger Offline
All American

I Root For: Tina
(10-12-2014 02:24 PM)MemTiger90 Wrote:  
(10-12-2014 01:47 PM)hsvtiger Wrote:  1. Houston is better than Cincy, esp with their new QB & the fact the Cincy's #1 was out the 2nd half.
10. Crowd was a little disappointing, but considering all factors - Fall Break, Cards playoff game, MSU-Aub game, OM-TXa&m game, rainy forecast, Mem game available on TV - it wasnt surprisingly low. We just havent become must-watch football yet, but we have averaged 40k against a schedule of. AP, MT, and UH. Still noticeable improvement.
Go Tigers!!!
Were averaging right around 34,000 through 3 home games. It's going to take good crowds in the last 3 home games to average 40,000 for the year

Thx, I stand corrected and I had assumed incorrectly on the AP game.
Still 35.5k aint bad with that schedule & 1 good weather day and 2 bad.

Attendance
AP - 27361
MT - 46378
UH - 32784
Avg = 35508
SOURCE: covers.com
(This post was last modified: 10-12-2014 02:52 PM by hsvtiger.)
10-12-2014 02:48 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.