Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Game Day Experience
Bookmark and Share
RitzHuskie Offline
All American

I Root For:
Game Day Experience
They had 5 weeks to fix some things and I'm glad to say they did.

1. Food in the HAF tent, much better than the last time and they didn't run out.01-ncaabbs

2. Pup club line up, I had no idea how that would work out but my son really enjoyed it. Was organized very well for the first time. I'm just happy Bass didn't run over my son.02-13-banana

3. Kids zone was a little light, but that was probably due to the weather, and they had a nice backup plan in place.

4. The Yard setup and presentations in the yard, including the band, HMB, SF talking, all well done!

5. Heck I even had a staff member check on my game day experience. Good job.
10-04-2014 09:50 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

DoubleHuskie84 Offline
1st String

I Root For: N I U
RE: Game Day Experience
Ran out of pretzels behind section D (way up) before halftime.....
10-04-2014 09:58 PM
RitzHuskie Offline
All American

I Root For:
One thing, did they have Hot Coaca?
10-04-2014 10:22 PM
ADOG05 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: NIU Huskies
First home game of the season there were people selling hot dogs and drinks in the stands. I did not see them today. I also thought there was a nice crowd given the weather.
10-04-2014 11:15 PM
The Frisky Biscuit Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Death
(10-04-2014 11:15 PM)ADOG05 Wrote:  First home game of the season there were people selling hot dogs and drinks in the stands. I did not see them today. I also thought there was a nice crowd given the weather.

Looked more full than the announced number of attendees, but that may be because everybody was so bundled up.
(This post was last modified: 10-04-2014 11:20 PM by The Frisky Biscuit.)
10-04-2014 11:20 PM
ADOG05 Offline
Bench Warmer

(10-04-2014 11:20 PM)The Frisky Biscuit Wrote:  
(10-04-2014 11:15 PM)ADOG05 Wrote:  First home game of the season there were people selling hot dogs and drinks in the stands. I did not see them today. I also thought there was a nice crowd given the weather.

Looked more full than the announced number of attendees, but that may be because everybody was so bundled up.

Do they count the high school bands in attendance number?
10-04-2014 11:27 PM
Advertisement

The Frisky Biscuit Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Death
(10-04-2014 11:27 PM)ADOG05 Wrote:  

Ha, I dunno. I think "paid attendance" is generally the standard, but fudging numbers is one of the true great human art forms.
10-04-2014 11:31 PM
Michael James Offline
1st String

I Root For: Northern
Good student turn out yet again, I bet it was better than last game!
10-04-2014 11:56 PM
HuskieJohn Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU
(10-04-2014 10:22 PM)RitzHuskie Wrote:  One thing, did they have Hot Coaca?

It was listed on the menu at $4 a cup. We didn't get any so I don't know if they actually had some in stock.
10-05-2014 10:12 AM
HuskieJohn Offline
Hall of Famer

(10-04-2014 11:56 PM)Michael James Wrote:  Good student turn out yet again, I bet it was better than last game!

Not even close to better. It was family weekend and High School band day.

Weeknight games and Homecoming are the best attended games by the students.
10-05-2014 10:14 AM
HuskieJohn Offline
Hall of Famer

(10-04-2014 11:27 PM)ADOG05 Wrote:  

I believe they are compensated for their performance with a "paid" ticket into the game.
10-05-2014 10:15 AM
Advertisement

HuskieJohn Offline
Hall of Famer

(10-04-2014 09:58 PM)DoubleHuskie84 Wrote:  Ran out of pretzels behind section D (way up) before halftime.....

They were still frozen (literally) when we went to go buy them at 2 different stands before the game.

My wife got 1 just before halftime.
10-05-2014 10:18 AM
HuskieJohn Offline
Hall of Famer

I saw 1 guy selling hot dogs in the chairback/benchback section.

If there is only going to be 1 guy that is the section that should get most if not all of their attention.
10-05-2014 10:20 AM
HuskieJohn Offline
Hall of Famer

Did anyone notice the food truck just outside the West side stadium's main right side gate? It was inside the metal fence so you didn't have to leave the stadium to get to it.
10-05-2014 10:22 AM
ADOG05 Offline
Bench Warmer

(10-05-2014 10:20 AM)HuskieJohn Wrote:  

I saw 1 guy selling hot dogs in the chairback/benchback section.

If there is only going to be 1 guy that is the section that should get most if not all of their attention.

That's where I was sitting, must have missed him
10-05-2014 10:30 AM
BleedsHuskieRed Offline
All American

Donators
No hot chocolate at the top of section D at halftime.
10-05-2014 11:06 AM
Advertisement

HuskieFootball Addict Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU, NIU, NIU
Game day experience...well I noticed a few issues at the Presbyterian game and yesterday these things were not fixed.

Heads up ATHLETICS or HUSKIEINFO:

We enter the stadium - west side far right - for visitors & sections A & B. We used to be able to buy something to drink inside this hallway before going on up to our seats. Bottled water & bottled soft drinks. No longer there. Now if you want something you are forced into the jam packed center area with the other 15K fans in line to buy food or drinks. It is horrendous. There also is no snack type foods anywhere at the halfway spots. They used to sell maybe peanuts ...pretzel or nachos - now nothing. Again - you are forced to walk down to ground level or go to the outside at the top.
Also no vendors walking the stands with water or food in our area of the stadium.

May not seem like a big deal to any of you but as a female having enough portapots at tailgating is a big deal to me & other females. The ENTIRE Convo lot - a HUGE lot...has 10 portapots. I understand the convo is open but that is a very long haul for anyone who has issues with walking a long distance. By comparison, the Spirit lot (former Movie theater lot) has 10 or 12 & it is puny compared to the convo lot capacity. The men are not as concerned about this as many of them just choose to urinate into the pine trees at the fence rather than wait in line for 20 or 30 minutes.

My guess is that those of us at the convo lot are not donors so NIU could care less about us out there. Although MANY of us are season ticket holders.

I am not asking for a lot as a fan. I don't care who we play - I am there. I am a 9 year season ticket holder & all I want is an easy way to buy a bottle of water in the stadium & a darn pot to pee in while tailgating! 03-banghead
(This post was last modified: 10-05-2014 12:41 PM by HuskieFootball Addict.)
10-05-2014 12:39 PM
Heisman

(10-04-2014 09:50 PM)RitzHuskie Wrote:  They had 5 weeks to fix some things and I'm glad to say they did.

1. Food in the HAF tent, much better than the last time and they didn't run out.01-ncaabbs

2. Pup club line up, I had no idea how that would work out but my son really enjoyed it. Was organized very well for the first time. I'm just happy Bass didn't run over my son.02-13-banana

3. Kids zone was a little light, but that was probably due to the weather, and they had a nice backup plan in place.

4. The Yard setup and presentations in the yard, including the band, HMB, SF talking, all well done!

5. Heck I even had a staff member check on my game day experience. Good job.

Our experience was the total opposite. My son tripped & twisted his foot at tailgating in the Convo lot. We thought it was fine until after having not used it for 3 hours at the game. It was quite sore...he was limping & in pain. As we were leaving the stadium, just outside I saw a lady who looked like she might be able to help. I asked if there was a way to get a golf cart ride (or one of those golf carts for handicap parking folks transporting) to get him out to the convo lot where we were parked. She said the most she could think of to help us would be to grab the shuttle & get dropped off at the convo. When I said that unfortunately that would leave him still very far from our car she just said sorry - best I can do.

THAT was not a satisfying experience in my mind. :-(
10-05-2014 12:47 PM
Heisman

Will these things keep me away from Huskie Stadium - of course not. But I feel there is room for improvement & it is still just very basic stuff.

Seems like they are working on the complicated things and completely missing the simple problems fixes.
10-05-2014 12:50 PM
thxjoenovak Offline
Heisman

Game Day Experience
An Eastside concession line was 50+ deep with the 3rd qtr about to start. ( lotta more Parents than typical)

I'd imagine a lot are just looking for something to drink.

Wouldn't it make sense to set up a seperate stand on a back wall with just bottled water & pop?

You could sell cases & cases. $3 water that costs you $.20 and have happy fans.
10-05-2014 01:00 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.