Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Kiel injury...
Bookmark and Share
eroc Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UC, Liverpool
Kiel injury...
Quote:Tom Groeschen ‏@TomGroeschen 2m2 minutes ago
Kiel injury is to ribs. Tuberville says it doesn't look good, Kiel probably out 'a while' #Bearcats

10-04-2014 09:48 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Bearcats#1 Offline
Ad nauseam King

I Root For: Pony94
RE: Kiel injury...
hate to see Keil out but it really doesn't matter...with our defense this %@! bad it won't really matter

10-04-2014 09:50 PM
Bearcat85 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
If Tuberville the Liar says "a while", then he's done for the year. This staff has gotten 2/3rds of the starters hurt. Clueless.

10-04-2014 10:54 PM
InspectorHound Offline
1st String

I Root For: Cincinnati
Was I asleep when we hired Doc Kremchek as our new trainer?

10-04-2014 10:57 PM
ctipton Offline
Jersey Retired
Jersey Retired

I Root For: UC and the Reds

DonatorsDonators
Tuberville: Kiel likely out 'a while'
Tom Groeschen, tgroeschen@enquirer.com 10:51 p.m. EDT October 4, 2014

[Image: 1412471733000-Memphis-Cincinnati-Fo-Wesl.jpg]
Cincinnati quarterback Gunner Kiel (11) left the game with am injury.(Photo: Al Behrman AP)

University of Cincinnati quarterback Gunner Kiel suffered a chest injury on the final play of the first half against Memphis on Saturday night. UC said Kiel was headed for X-rays and will not return to the game.

UC trailed Memphis 27-7 at halftime, before a stunned crowd at Paul Brown Stadium.

Kiel took a hard hit from Memphis linebacker Tank Jakes as the first half clock expired. Kiel was down for a couple of minutes before being helped up, holding his right arm gingerly by his side as he walked off the field.

The usually potent UC passing game finally hit some snags, with Kiel going 11-for-27 for 216 yards and one touchdown (with one interception) in the first half. Kiel also had several passes dropped.

Things began with great promise for Bearcat fans on a cold, windy night. UC scored on the first play from scrimmage, with an 80-yard TD pass from Kiel to wideout Mekale McKay. Bang, UC was ahead 7-0 with just 17 seconds elapsed.

That was the extent of the first half higlights for UC, as Memphis quarterback Paxton Lynch threw for 204 yards and two TDs before halftime.

After the Bearcats' 41-14 loss, head coach Tommy Tuberville said Kiel's injury didn't look good and he would likely be out 'a while.'

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/ucathlet.../16741773/

10-04-2014 10:58 PM
FLIP Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
Per post game, x-ray's were negative.

What was Tion a Greens injury? Lost for the season, never reported?

10-04-2014 11:02 PM
Advertisement

bearcatmill Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Didn't Tion injure his shoulder? Also, someone told me he had surgery.

10-04-2014 11:06 PM
SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC
Before that play I told my friend I hope Kiel doesn't get hurt. Had a feeling he was going to get hit on that play.

10-05-2014 08:06 AM
SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC
Was it 2005 since the last time we had a starting QB not get hurt and miss games?

10-05-2014 08:11 AM
bearcatfan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Bearcats!
And there was this too -

Running back Rod Moore led UC with 14 carries for 65 yards and a touchdown, pressed into extra duty when starter Hosey Williams went out with a knee injury.

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/c.../16746919/

10-05-2014 11:13 AM
RedRocker Offline
1st String

I Root For: UC, UK's foe
(10-05-2014 08:11 AM)SuperFlyBCat Wrote:  Was it 2005 since the last time we had a starting QB not get hurt and miss games?
2005 with Grutza going the distance

10-05-2014 11:24 AM
Advertisement

RealDeal Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UC
Re: RE: Kiel injury...
(10-05-2014 11:24 AM)RedRocker Wrote:  2005 with Grutza going the distance

Ironically the year you didn't want the QB to stay healthy. Him staying healthy kept AFL superstar Nick Davila on the bench until the last couple games of his senior season.

10-05-2014 11:27 AM
Cataclysmo Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Cincinnat
Im sorry, did I just read that this staff is responsible for the injuries? Cmon, that was just downright ignorant.

10-05-2014 11:33 AM
rosewater Offline
Heisman

I Root For: cincy
(10-05-2014 11:33 AM)Cataclysmo Wrote:  Im sorry, did I just read that this staff is responsible for the injuries? Cmon, that was just downright ignorant.

Are you talking about the possibility the players may not be in shape and consequently are getting injured. If so, what is difficulty about wrapping your mind around that.

10-05-2014 11:41 AM
Cataclysmo Offline
Heisman

(10-05-2014 11:41 AM)rosewater Wrote:  
(10-05-2014 11:33 AM)Cataclysmo Wrote:  Im sorry, did I just read that this staff is responsible for the injuries? Cmon, that was just downright ignorant.

Are you talking about the possibility the players may not be in shape and consequently are getting injured. If so, what is difficulty about wrapping your mind around that.
Yes, Gunner is so out of shape that he broke his ribs. My God, no matter how bad you think the staff is, theyve been conditioning players at big schools for years...freak injuries happen

10-05-2014 11:45 AM
rosewater Offline
Heisman

(10-05-2014 11:45 AM)Cataclysmo Wrote:  

Yes, Gunner is so out of shape that he broke his ribs. My God, no matter how bad you think the staff is, theyve been conditioning players at big schools for years...freak injuries happen

So Gunnar is the only injury this year, or the most convenient to cover your stupid comment. Are you asleep or have you not noticed all the injuries on the offensive line and other positions over the past two years. Conditioning could be the reason. I agree with another poster that opines that the same players under Butch look less explosive.

10-05-2014 01:08 PM
Advertisement

Cataclysmo Offline
Heisman

(10-05-2014 01:08 PM)rosewater Wrote:  

So Gunnar is the only injury this year, or the most convenient to cover your stupid comment. Are you asleep or have you not noticed all the injuries on the offensive line and other positions over the past two years. Conditioning could be the reason. I agree with another poster that opines that the same players under Butch look less explosive.
First off, you don't need to insult my intelligence. Im a bearcat fan just like you, and if you have to call someone out on a personal level to justify your own anger, you really need to step away from the internet for a little bit.

Second, no, Gunner was not the only injury. But I can't honestly believe that a coaching staff that has experience training kids at Ole Miss, Tech, Auburn, etc etc etc, would suddenly have problems at Cincinnati.

10-05-2014 01:13 PM
rosewater Offline
Heisman

(10-05-2014 01:13 PM)Cataclysmo Wrote:  

First off, you don't need to insult my intelligence. Im a bearcat fan just like you, and if you have to call someone out on a personal level to justify your own anger, you really need to step away from the internet for a little bit.

Second, no, Gunner was not the only injury. But I can't honestly believe that a coaching staff that has experience training kids at Ole Miss, Tech, Auburn, etc etc etc, would suddenly have problems at Cincinnati.

Your something else. You made it personal by calling my post ignorant. Problems are not new. Let go at his past two jobs. Go check out the texas tech board or go teread the comment from the tech fan that you commented on.

10-05-2014 01:32 PM
Cataclysmo Offline
Heisman

(10-05-2014 01:32 PM)rosewater Wrote:  
(10-05-2014 11:41 AM)rosewater Wrote:  Are you talking about the possibility the players may not be in shape and consequently are getting injured. If so, what is difficulty about wrapping your mind around that.

Your something else. You made it personal by calling my post ignorant. Problems are not new. Let go at his past two jobs. Go check out the texas tech board or go teread the comment from the tech fan that you commented on.
Instead of continuing taking shots at each other, lets just both set aside our differences and strictly talk about the team. Im not interested in creating enemies within our own fanbase. My apologies for doing so. Its hard on all of us to watch this happen.

10-05-2014 01:34 PM
rosewater Offline
Heisman

(10-05-2014 01:34 PM)Cataclysmo Wrote:  
(10-05-2014 01:32 PM)rosewater Wrote:  
(10-05-2014 11:45 AM)Cataclysmo Wrote:  Yes, Gunner is so out of shape that he broke his ribs. My God, no matter how bad you think the staff is, theyve been conditioning players at big schools for years...freak injuries happen

Instead of continuing taking shots at each other, lets just both set aside our differences and strictly talk about the team. Im not interested in creating enemies within our own fanbase. My apologies for doing so. Its hard on all of us to watch this happen.

Agreed. No point in the personal negativity.

10-05-2014 01:40 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.