Kent State Golden Flashes

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

KSU-NIU Game Thread
thanksjim Offline
All American

I Root For: KSU
KSU-NIU Game Thread
Not sure what to say other than Go Flashes!
10-04-2014 03:08 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

thanksjim Offline
All American

RE: KSU-NIU Game Thread
iHeart Radio is off to a solid start with overlapping broadcasts.
(This post was last modified: 10-04-2014 03:27 PM by thanksjim.)
10-04-2014 03:26 PM
Polish Hammer Offline
King of all Dukes

I Root For: Kent State/James Madison
Bad timing penalty (AKA Bonehead play) goes to Terhune. We stuff them on 3rd and long and on the fringe of a long field goal and he gets flagged. They capitalize and score; we can't shoot ourselves in the foot like that! We're lacking a pass rush from a couple guys we expected it from, but you can't hit 'em late.

On the goal line and need mere inches from a TD and we try to bust it up the gut with a lightweight converted RB? SMH. No blocking, no run game and yet we should be leading if not for a dumb penalty? Ok, just hope we don't come out of the locker room and fall apart again. Gotta move the chains, got to get some pressure up from on D, need to limit dumb penalties and have to protect the ball.
10-04-2014 05:22 PM
Polish Hammer Offline
King of all Dukes

So far our RBs have 19 yards on 16 carries.
10-04-2014 05:57 PM
MiamiHuskie Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU
Huskie fan here. The better team did not win today. The unfortunate injuries to your QB's was the only reason NIU pulled it out. Good luck the rest of the season.
10-04-2014 07:16 PM
OldTtimeNIU Offline
1st String

I Root For: NIU
Your team was tough and never quit...you deserved a win tonight
10-04-2014 07:51 PM
Advertisement

AlphaFlash Offline
All American

I Root For: Kent St. & UNC
This game's in juries reminds me of Doug Martin's talk of an improved training table.
10-04-2014 08:34 PM
Polish Hammer Offline
King of all Dukes

Thanks for the comments NIU fans, much appreciated. I hope the kids that got banged up together are all ok and there's no serious injuries.
10-04-2014 08:43 PM
GFlash68 Online
All American

I Root For: Kent State

Crappies
Watched the game tonight. For once I am asking Flash Fans to have patience. I have seen this play before and we are building a foundation. Our players are not bad, they are just young. I have been asked to have patience in the past when it was a sham. I do not believe that is the situation here. Next year should be must better and I am looking to see more good signs this year. Have faith. We could have won today.
10-04-2014 09:02 PM
Polish Hammer Offline
King of all Dukes

We have a bunch of first and second year players getting a lot of playing time. Things will be interesting the next couple of years if we properly fill the obvious holes.
10-04-2014 09:10 PM
Sultan of Euphonistan Offline
All American

I Root For: Baritones
We also have a lot of games where we were right in there to the end. We just have not quite finished yet which makes it feel really bad. The one exception is of course the OSU game but that was a game where OSU was trying to make a point.

The injuries though is a bad thing for the year. Hopefully we can pull through.
10-04-2014 09:46 PM
Advertisement

GoFlashes7 Offline
1st String

All,

What was the injury that Nathan Strock suffered? I saw that DC posted Reardon hurt his ankle and had to be helped from the field. I was limited to just the radio broadcast.

Some interesting scratches before the game, Waugh & Byrd on the defensive line.

Here is Dave's blog from last week, talking about injuries and an update on Durham:
http://kentstatedavidcarducci.blogspot.c...o-mac.html

At this point, why bring Durham back with it being week 6 headed into week 7 and KSU not having a successful year?
10-05-2014 06:06 PM
GoFlashes7 Offline
1st String

Here was Dave's blog from the NIU vs KSU game: http://kentstatedavidcarducci.blogspot.c...ll-at.html
10-05-2014 06:07 PM
anti-zip Offline
All American

I Root For: kent state!
I liked what we saw from James Brooks and Kris White in this one. I've been hoping we would see some growth by our young WRs and we are. I'm hoping to see that continue and see some signs of life from the young RBs as well. Holley is a tough player but he seems best fit as the 3rd down Danny Woodhead style back. We need to find a reliable classic back. Hopefully we'll see something out of Hibbler soon. Does anyone know if James is officially being redshirted? He hasn't had a carry yet so it doesn't seem to make a ton of sense to start playing him now.
10-05-2014 06:37 PM
shakermaker05 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: ϟ KENT STATE ϟ
Didn't get to see the game, but sounds like there was some positves to take from it despite the loss. A real shame we didn't have Reardon for the last drive- almost feels like the Kent State "luck" of years past is creeping back up on us this year.

Lets get the monkey off the back this weekend with a win vs. UMASS and let these youngsters keep getting quality experience for next year. Nate Holley looks like he's gonna be the cornerstone of the D the next couple years, we have some good times ahead of us there. Honestly, at this point redshirting Durham is a no-brainer...right??

Any word on whether Reardon will be back for Saturday??? BTW- loved seeing him/the team bounce back with a turnover-less game after the debacle last week. Great work there.
(This post was last modified: 10-06-2014 02:49 PM by shakermaker05.)
10-06-2014 02:47 PM
dannyb73 Offline
MAC CHAMPS

I Root For: Mem & Kent St
Everyone keeps talking about redshirting Durham. At one point we thought he wasn't coming back this year. Does anyone have the first clue that he even wants to be in Kent next year? I think that is the ultimate question. If we know he's not coming back, I roll him out there as soon as humanly possible.
10-06-2014 03:07 PM
Advertisement

thanksjim Offline
All American

Reardon and Strock are both doubtful according to Paul Haynes. Look for George Bollas or Jack Williams. My $5 is on Bollas.
(This post was last modified: 10-06-2014 03:39 PM by thanksjim.)
10-06-2014 03:36 PM
TinManJoshua Offline
Bench Warmer

(10-06-2014 03:36 PM)thanksjim Wrote:  Reardon and Strock are both doubtful according to Paul Haynes. Look for George Bollas or Jack Williams. My $5 is on Bollas.

I feel bad for Jack. He was clearly unprepared, and the speed of the game just totally overwhelmed him.
10-06-2014 05:20 PM
anti-zip Offline
All American

I Root For: kent state!
(10-06-2014 03:36 PM)thanksjim Wrote:  Reardon and Strock are both doubtful according to Paul Haynes. Look for George Bollas or Jack Williams. My $5 is on Bollas.

Any idea how long Reardon and Strock are expected to be out? I'd hate to see us burn Bollas' redshirt for a 1 game spot start while we're 0-5. I guess if he doesn't beat Reardon and Strock next year it's not that big of a deal because they could probably red shirt him next year.
10-06-2014 07:30 PM
Polish Hammer Offline
King of all Dukes

(10-06-2014 03:07 PM)dannyb73 Wrote:  Everyone keeps talking about redshirting Durham. At one point we thought he wasn't coming back this year. Does anyone have the first clue that he even wants to be in Kent next year? I think that is the ultimate question. If we know he's not coming back, I roll him out there as soon as humanly possible.
do you mean by not coming back he was going pro? If so, I don't believe that was him and was Dri last year. Durham IMO should get any thoughts of pro ball out of his head and work on being a better college player. Not sure he's been in shape yet since he's been at KSU. I see some things he needs to work on if he thinks he has a shot at the next level.
10-06-2014 07:33 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.