Franklin/Chance vs. Hunt, Swanson, Moore = Edge UT
UT OL vs WMU OL= Edge UT
Terrell vs. Woodside= Edge Woodside
UT DBs vs WMU DBs= Edge WMU
Sylvestry vs. Brandt= Edge Sylvestry
UT DL vs WMU DL = Equal
Special Teams= Edge UT
Coaching= Edge UT

So it looks very lopsided. But the edge at RB, OL, WR, and QB may not be much. That said, if Franklin, Terrell, Davis, or Braverman have big days it's a close game. If the DB's are able to handle Russell and Zmolik in man coverage then we can put some pressure on their running game.

If UT comes in thinking automatic W, it could be a problem for them.

I suspect they looked at the VT tape and saw that they could stop the run and dare us to beat them through the air. UT is missing some starters at DB, and even when they've started it's been a weak spot for them. To beat them Terrell has to do damage through the air so he can open up the run game. On the other hand, when Terrell goes to the air early and often he often makes mistakes that cost games.

WMU has to avoid turnovers, and need to keep their offense on the field for extended periods. If they can do that they should be in the game late, and at that point home field is an advantage.
--------------------------------------
UT scores early, takes a sizable lead into the second half and hangs on for a 38-31 win, although the game won't be as close as the score looks.

If Hunt is out, or is not a 100% we have a 47% chance of winning
If CD is back, has a big day, Hunt is out 49% chance of winning

Unexpected performance
Be nice if any one of these happened, but it wouldn't really surprise me if one or two of them did.

Adams, McKinney, Smith and Braster become sack machines

Spillane emerges as a force at LBer

Henry and Phillips shine at WR

Phillips and Braverman have big return days

Terrell shuts up his doubters (myself included), throws for 300 yards, 2 TDs, and no interceptions.
10-04-2014 08:22 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Boca Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For:
RE: Prediction
(10-04-2014 08:22 AM)Chipdip2 Wrote:  Davis, Braverman vs. Alonzo Russell, Jones, Zmolik= Edge UT
Franklin/Chance vs. Hunt, Swanson, Moore = Edge UT
UT OL vs WMU OL= Edge UT
Terrell vs. Woodside= Edge Woodside
UT DBs vs WMU DBs= Edge WMU
Sylvestry vs. Brandt= Edge Sylvestry
UT DL vs WMU DL = Equal
Special Teams= Edge UT
Coaching= Edge UT

So it looks very lopsided. But the edge at RB, OL, WR, and QB may not be much. That said, if Franklin, Terrell, Davis, or Braverman have big days it's a close game. If the DB's are able to handle Russell and Zmolik in man coverage then we can put some pressure on their running game.

If UT comes in thinking automatic W, it could be a problem for them.

I suspect they looked at the VT tape and saw that they could stop the run and dare us to beat them through the air. UT is missing some starters at DB, and even when they've started it's been a weak spot for them. To beat them Terrell has to do damage through the air so he can open up the run game. On the other hand, when Terrell goes to the air early and often he often makes mistakes that cost games.

WMU has to avoid turnovers, and need to keep their offense on the field for extended periods. If they can do that they should be in the game late, and at that point home field is an advantage.
--------------------------------------
UT scores early, takes a sizable lead into the second half and hangs on for a 38-31 win, although the game won't be as close as the score looks.

If Hunt is out, or is not a 100% we have a 47% chance of winning
If CD is back, has a big day, Hunt is out 49% chance of winning

Unexpected performance
Be nice if any one of these happened, but it wouldn't really surprise me if one or two of them did.

Adams, McKinney, Smith and Braster become sack machines

Spillane emerges as a force at LBer

Henry and Phillips shine at WR

Phillips and Braverman have big return days

Terrell shuts up his doubters (myself included), throws for 300 yards, 2 TDs, and no interceptions.

I don't see how you call the DL's equal. The Rocket DL is only giving up 3.6 yds per rush and WMU 4.8 yds. UT has the #3 and #5 guys in the MAC
for "Sacks By" and #4 For "TFL". Steele's Preseason Unit Rankings had UT's DL #1 in the MAC and WMU #12. While I don't agree with WMU's ranking, I would give the edge to UT, especially in the area of speed of the DL.
10-04-2014 08:48 AM
Chipdip2 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: America
Okay Boca, UT has an edge at every single position, and the final score is going to be 83-3 UT.

But seriously, I watched the CMU game. Your DL sat on the run, but it's your linebackers who do most of the damage. The line really didn't get a lot of pressure on Pooper Rush. As for our Dline, it's not the same personnel as last year, and has got better every week. I don't know which Dline will show up tonight, but it won't resemble the one that was on the field last year.

Last year going into the finals of the MAC Championship in hoops, UT folks claimed an edge at every position on the floor, yet they got ran out of the building. Things aren't always as they appear to be on paper.

While I see UT having an edge at RB, I could just as easily see Javarion Franklin putting up huge numbers.

While I see an edge with UT at WR, I could easily see Davis, and what I believe is a deeper group of WR's having a very good day.
10-04-2014 09:06 AM
Hoekjeness Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WMU
I don't think Hunt's playing today, but it won't matter. Toledo's OL -- hence their running game -- is just too strong for our front 7. Even if we get creative, I can't see us slowing them down on defense. As far as I'm concerned, every time we hold them to a FG is a win.

We just have to make sure we score on most of our possessions tonight.

I hope to eat crow for this, but this is the exact type of game I'm afraid of with Zach Terrell leading the offense. Toledo has a vulnerable secondary and if we had a guy that could zing it downfield with regularity, I'd say take our shots downfield often... but I don't know if ZT has the capability (arm strength, accuracy, etc.) to do that for 4 quarters. I don't think simply getting the ball into our playmakers' hands is going to be enough against a team full of strong linebackers like UT has.

Hope I'm wrong.

Toledo 44
WMU 27
10-04-2014 11:13 AM
DesertBronco Offline
Banned

I Root For: 9 wins ASAP!!
Sounds to me if I'm not mistake that you're saying, "If we lose it'll be all ZT's fault" - HJ.

Wow, I think that's a harsh way of trying to set him up.
10-04-2014 11:19 AM
Chipdip2 Offline
Heisman

(10-04-2014 11:19 AM)DesertBronco Wrote:  Sounds to me if I'm not mistake that you're saying, "If we lose it'll be all ZT's fault" - HJ.

Yes, it could end up being ZTs fault, or it could end up being the LBers fault, or the DLs fault or even Mrs. Z's fault for keeping PJ up too late 03-cloud9 .

I'm reserving judgement on who to blame 07-coffee3
10-04-2014 11:26 AM
Advertisement

DesertBronco Offline
Banned

Good fans, I expect a "W", and want one. You guys seem to have a vested interest in us losing?

I'm not about making pre excuses if we lose. With Franklin in the backfield, and the way ZT played last week, and our WR core, I think anything is possible.
(This post was last modified: 10-04-2014 11:30 AM by DesertBronco.)
10-04-2014 11:29 AM
Hoekjeness Offline
Heisman

(10-04-2014 11:19 AM)DesertBronco Wrote:  Sounds to me if I'm not mistake that you're saying, "If we lose it'll be all ZT's fault" - HJ.

I see you're still trolling strong, even with your recent banning. I know between the banning, and WMU's recent two game winning streak, it's been really hard on you so for now, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. Stay strong DB.
10-04-2014 11:32 AM
Chipdip2 Offline
Heisman

(10-04-2014 11:29 AM)DesertBronco Wrote:  Good fans, I expect a "W", and want one. You guys seem to have a vested interest in us losing?

I'm not about making pre excuses if we lose. With Franklin in the backfield, and the way ZT played last week, and our WR core, I think anything is possible.

I do too. Anything..........a turnoverfest by UT resulting in an upset blowout, or a turnover fest by us resulting in a huge blowout.

One thing I'm certain on. Barring key injuries we're not a team that can be rolled at will like last year, but we're still a team that if we make mistakes can get rolled.
10-04-2014 11:33 AM
Hoekjeness Offline
Heisman

(10-04-2014 11:29 AM)DesertBronco Wrote:  Good fans, I expect a "W", and want one. You guys seem to have a vested interest in us losing?

Sure, winning is possible. Wanting a win (should be) a given around here.

The thread is called "Prediction".

You have mine.
10-04-2014 11:35 AM
DesertBronco Offline
Banned

(10-04-2014 11:35 AM)Hoekjeness Wrote:  

Sure, winning is possible. Wanting a win (should be) a given around here.

The thread is called "Prediction".

You have mine.

I just don't go about predicting losses and then having the scapegoat at the ready for the predicted loss. Guess we have different ways of going about it here.

[Image: eeyore61_5881.jpg]
10-04-2014 11:40 AM
Advertisement

Chipdip2 Offline
Heisman

Really going out on a limb their.
10-04-2014 11:53 AM
DesertBronco Offline
Banned

(10-04-2014 11:53 AM)Chipdip2 Wrote:  Really going out on a limb their.

When we win you guys are going to have to eat crow. They'll have no answer for Franklin and our crew of wide outs.
10-04-2014 11:55 AM
DesertBronco Offline
Banned

Plus, I disagree with all of you if we lose. Always Fleck's fault.Fuel To The Fire
(This post was last modified: 10-04-2014 12:01 PM by DesertBronco.)
10-04-2014 12:00 PM
Hoekjeness Offline
Heisman

(10-04-2014 11:55 AM)DesertBronco Wrote:  

When we win you guys are going to have to eat crow. They'll have no answer for Franklin and our crew of wide outs.

I would love nothing more than to beat Toledo into the ground tonight. As I said, that SHOULD be a given around here considering most of us are, you know, actually rooting for WMU's success tonight.

The thread was called "Prediction". What's yours DB? Would love to hear it.

If you read my original post... I said...

I hope to eat crow for this
AND
Hope I'm wrong.

So yes, indeed, I hope I'm wrong.
10-04-2014 12:01 PM
Chipdip2 Offline
Heisman

First you want us to lose, then you want us to win. You're all over the place. Is this a symptom of Ebola? You weren't in West Africa last week were you?
10-04-2014 12:02 PM
Advertisement

DesertBronco Offline
Banned

(10-04-2014 12:01 PM)Hoekjeness Wrote:  

I would love nothing more than to beat Toledo into the ground tonight. As I said, that SHOULD be a given around here considering most of us are, you know, actually rooting for WMU's success tonight.

The thread was called "Prediction". What's yours DB? Would love to hear it.

If you read my original post... I said...

I hope to eat crow for this
AND
Hope I'm wrong.

So yes, indeed, I hope I'm wrong.

So CYA, you can't make a prediction without trying to play both sides. I can tell that you hope we lose and hope to blame ZT for the loss as a result.

That's just pathetic. 03-puke
10-04-2014 12:03 PM
Chipdip2 Offline
Heisman

If you truly believe we win this one, I'll be glad to be b1tch slapped by you after the game. 04-rock
10-04-2014 12:03 PM
DesertBronco Offline
Banned

(10-04-2014 12:02 PM)Chipdip2 Wrote:  

First you want us to lose, then you want us to win. You're all over the place. Is this a symptom of Ebola? You weren't in West Africa last week were you?

Winning is always first. Who to blame if we lose, I'll just save that for later instead of trying to setup a scapegoat kid. I think the buck stops with the coach.

I honestly think we can win this game. The team has improved. No?

You guys forget that this is the MAC, the same team rarely represents twice. We saw Toledo and their Jekyll and Hyde act already, I'm thinking that Waldo brings out the worst in them after Franklin curb stomps their LB's, they give up and we win by 10.
(This post was last modified: 10-04-2014 12:05 PM by DesertBronco.)
10-04-2014 12:04 PM
Hoekjeness Offline
Heisman

(10-04-2014 12:03 PM)DesertBronco Wrote:  I can tell that you hope we lose and hope to blame ZT for the loss as a result.

That's just pathetic. 03-puke

Keep trolling. That'll get you banned (again).

Even though I know you read it, I'll post the other piece of my prediction here again for you:

Quote:I don't think Hunt's playing today, but it won't matter. Toledo's OL -- hence their running game -- is just too strong for our front 7. Even if we get creative, I can't see us slowing them down on defense. As far as I'm concerned, every time we hold them to a FG is a win.
10-04-2014 12:06 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.