Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

SBC off to strong start in ratings
Bookmark and Share
chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
SBC off to strong start in ratings
App State's Thursday Night game at Georgia Southern drew 156K viewers for the ESPNU Telecast. I need to double check Arkstfan's numbers from last year, but I think that would have been the highest ESPNU Broadcast numbers for a league game.

If you are a fan of App State and Georgia Southern, those are promising numbers because usually ratings success on ESPNU earns you a shot at ESPN2.

Both ESPN2 games come up this month. Those ratings will be very interesting considering the Cajuns poor start to the year

Oct 14: UL-Lafayette at Texas State
Oct 21: Arkansas State at UL-Lafayette

the AState/ULL game has been the highest drawing SBC game for the last two seasons. This is its 3rd straight year on ESPN2.
10-03-2014 01:22 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Hail The Blue Offline
1st String

I Root For: GeorgiaSouthern
RE: SBC off to strong start in ratings
Wow, that's awesome. Do any Eagle fans have the information for our playoff game vs ODU? IIRC that was our highest TV rated game to date. I'm curious how a regular season thursday game vs a rival stacks up against a playoff game.
10-03-2014 01:38 PM
boroeagle2 Offline
1st String

I Root For: GA SOUTHERN
Here is our game vs. other non-saturday, evening ESPNU games this year:

Date Rating Viewers Matchup Network
Thursday 9/25 0.1 156k Georgia Southern/App State ESPNU
Thursday 9/18 0 43K Ark-Pine Bluff/Alabama State ESPNU
Friday 9/12 0.3 394K Toledo/Cincinnati ESPNU
Thursday 8/28 0.1 168K Wake Forest/UL-Monroe ESPNU
Wednesday 8/2 0.2 287K Abilene Christian/Ga. State ESPNU
Friday 8/29 0.1 221K UTSA/Houston ESPNU
(This post was last modified: 10-03-2014 01:48 PM by boroeagle2.)
10-03-2014 01:45 PM
southern edumacation Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: GaSou
(10-03-2014 01:22 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  If you are a fan of App State and Georgia Southern, those are promising numbers because usually ratings success on ESPNU earns you a shot at ESPN2.

Hopefully we'll pull similar or better numbers for the Troy game.
10-03-2014 01:50 PM
Advertisement

boroeagle2 Offline
1st String

I Root For: GA SOUTHERN
(10-03-2014 01:38 PM)The Black Flag Wrote:  Wow, that's awesome. Do any Eagle fans have the information for our playoff game vs ODU? IIRC that was our highest TV rated game to date. I'm curious how a regular season thursday game vs a rival stacks up against a playoff game.

I don't have the actual stats in front of me, but I think it was around 1 million, so that blows this past Thursday out of the water, but it was on regular ESPN and a Saturday day game which all have better ratings than the weeknight games.
10-03-2014 01:50 PM
The4thOption Offline
1st String

I Root For: GeorgiaSouthern
(10-03-2014 01:50 PM)boroeagle2 Wrote:  
(10-03-2014 01:38 PM)The Black Flag Wrote:  Wow, that's awesome. Do any Eagle fans have the information for our playoff game vs ODU? IIRC that was our highest TV rated game to date. I'm curious how a regular season thursday game vs a rival stacks up against a playoff game.

I don't have the actual stats in front of me, but I think it was around 1 million, so that blows this past Thursday out of the water, but it was on regular ESPN and a Saturday day game which all have better ratings than the weeknight games.

I suppose the real question is how will it rate against the other games on other channels on a Saturday with a bunch of them going on instead of a playoff weekend with few other teams playing.
10-03-2014 02:03 PM
EigenEagle Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Ga Southern
Guess we can anticipate a short week to get ready for a game in Boone next year. Yikes.
10-03-2014 02:13 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.