Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

RichRod knocks off #2 Oregon
quo vadis Offline
Legend

I Root For: USF/Georgetown
RichRod knocks off #2 Oregon
Well, i am impressed! Oregon had to be gunning for revenge after last year but no dice.

I'm guessing Arizona is ranked next week, lol.

Posted from my mobile device using the CSNbbs App
(This post was last modified: 10-03-2014 01:03 AM by quo vadis.)
10-03-2014 12:52 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Wedge Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: California
RE: RichRod knocks off #2 Oregon
[Image: BzAB1PaIAAEmTdE.jpg]
10-03-2014 01:05 AM
CoogNellie Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Houston
Rich Rod is a good coach and he would have won at Michigan eventually. They were too impatient.
10-03-2014 01:08 AM
jdgaucho Offline
All American

I Root For: UCSB
(10-03-2014 01:05 AM)Wedge Wrote:  [Image: BzAB1PaIAAEmTdE.jpg]

Nice!
10-03-2014 01:48 AM
JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: SEC
I just hope that next year when the ridiculous preseason poll comes out that some other school is the top five flavor of the month and not the danged Ducks. They play 3 or 4 schools a year and can't win them all. They are the most over hyped team in the U.S. The PAC is shaping up for a U.C.L.A. vs Arizona showdown.
10-03-2014 04:07 AM
murrdcu Offline
1st String

I Root For: Arkansas
Never seen so many flags being thrown in one football game.
10-03-2014 04:18 AM
Advertisement

CardFan1 Offline
Red Thunderbird

I Root For: Louisville ACC
WVU would have been top 5 annually had He stayed.
10-03-2014 04:35 AM
jaminandjachin Offline
All American

I Root For: UNC
This is why I prefer college football over the NFL. This same Arizona team had to win on a hail mary last week against Cal. They also beat UTSA by 3 and lowly Nevada by 7. Trying to figure out who the best teams are before November is truly an act of futility.
10-03-2014 06:42 AM
All Dukes_All Day Offline
All American

I Root For: JMU, Pitt
(10-03-2014 06:42 AM)jaminandjachin Wrote:  This is why I prefer college football over the NFL. This same Arizona team had to win on a hail mary last week against Cal. They also beat UTSA by 3 and lowly Nevada by 7. Trying to figure out who the best teams are before November is truly an act of futility.

Hey now, no need to knock Nevada. They're 3-1 and beat Washington State (who seems to be respectable at least now).

Goofy things happen on these Thursday night games, no doubt. Also, Oregon was missing like 4 offensive lineman.
10-03-2014 07:34 AM
stever20 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Sports
yet Oregon probably is close to controling their own destiny for the CFP. If they win out, they will be in the CFP almost guaranteed. Others would be SEC champ, FSU/ND winner, and Big 12 champ. It'll go to will control their own destiny if/when Michigan St beats Nebraska and either ND or GT lose.
10-03-2014 07:45 AM
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

I Root For: West Virginia
Trying to figure out who's going to be in the CFP at this point in the season is next to impossible. Last night's game proved that almost anything can happen.

Whether you like Rodriguez or not, the SOB can coach, especially when Jeff Casteel is running his D. I just wonder what Michigan fans are thinking today. 07-coffee3
10-03-2014 07:49 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Maize Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Athletes First
(10-03-2014 07:49 AM)bitcruncher Wrote:  Trying to figure out who's going to be in the CFP at this point in the season is next to impossible. Last night's game proved that almost anything can happen.

Whether you like Rodriguez or not, the SOB can coach, especially when Jeff Casteel is running his D. I just wonder what Michigan fans are thinking today. 07-coffee3

Right now they are thinking they passed up on Kevin Sumlin over Brady Hoke...fact is RichRod was a BAD FIT at Michigan....07-coffee3
10-03-2014 07:51 AM
stever20 Offline
Legend

(10-03-2014 07:51 AM)Maize Wrote:  
(10-03-2014 07:49 AM)bitcruncher Wrote:  Trying to figure out who's going to be in the CFP at this point in the season is next to impossible. Last night's game proved that almost anything can happen.

Right now they are thinking they passed up on Kevin Sumlin over Brady Hoke...fact is RichRod was a BAD FIT at Michigan....07-coffee3

thanks to the fact that Lloyd Carr submarined his tenure there from the get go.
10-03-2014 07:53 AM
stever20 Offline
Legend

right but even now we have a really good feel for things. With 2 it's impossible, but 4 you pretty much know even now who controls things.

Also, if Nebraska and Georgia Tech both lose- we would be down to where we would be guaranteed at most only 4 undefeated teams.
Big 12- Oklahoma/Baylor/TCU
SEC- Alabama/Texas A&M/Miss St/Auburn/Ole Miss
Pac 12- Arizona/UCLA
ACC/ND- Florida St/ND

So at that point, if any of those teams ran the table, they would be guaranteed in the playoff. I would add Oregon to that list as they have the OOC win over Michigan St, and that would be huge.
10-03-2014 07:59 AM
quo vadis Offline
Legend

I Root For: USF/Georgetown
(10-03-2014 07:51 AM)Maize Wrote:  

Yes he was. Because he's also a damn good coach. That's the only thing that explains his failure at M, because he certainly did fail there.
10-03-2014 08:03 AM
He1nousOne Offline
The One you Love to Hate.

I Root For: Iowa/ASU
(10-03-2014 07:59 AM)stever20 Wrote:  

right but even now we have a really good feel for things. With 2 it's impossible, but 4 you pretty much know even now who controls things.

Also, if Nebraska and Georgia Tech both lose- we would be down to where we would be guaranteed at most only 4 undefeated teams.
Pac 12- Arizona/UCLA
ACC/ND- Florida St/ND

So at that point, if any of those teams ran the table, they would be guaranteed in the playoff. I would add Oregon to that list as they have the OOC win over Michigan St, and that would be huge.

All those teams you listed for the SEC is one big reason why it may not be the SEC Champ. That many good teams in one division means it could end up being pretty crazy if they all start losing to each other. You don't know what is going to happen there.
10-03-2014 08:11 AM
Advertisement

Hokie4Skins Offline
All American

I Root For: Ed O'Bannon
RichRod to Florida!
10-03-2014 08:14 AM
stever20 Offline
Legend

(10-03-2014 08:11 AM)He1nousOne Wrote:  

Pac 12- Arizona/UCLA
ACC/ND- Florida St/ND

All those teams you listed for the SEC is one big reason why it may not be the SEC Champ. That many good teams in one division means it could end up being pretty crazy if they all start losing to each other. You don't know what is going to happen there.

Right but if any of those 5 win out, they are in the playoff no questions ask. There is no doubt that any of those 5 control their own destiny right now. I would pretty much say all 12 of those teams control their own destiny.
10-03-2014 08:14 AM
Maize Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Athletes First
(10-03-2014 08:14 AM)Hokie4Skins Wrote:  RichRod to Florida!

That would NOT surprise me and that would be a great fit for him...04-cheers
10-03-2014 08:16 AM
He1nousOne Offline
The One you Love to Hate.

I Root For: Iowa/ASU
(10-03-2014 08:14 AM)stever20 Wrote:  
(10-03-2014 08:11 AM)He1nousOne Wrote:  

Pac 12- Arizona/UCLA
ACC/ND- Florida St/ND

Right but if any of those 5 win out, they are in the playoff no questions ask. There is no doubt that any of those 5 control their own destiny right now. I would pretty much say all 12 of those teams control their own destiny.

True
10-03-2014 08:19 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.