Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

C-USA Top 5: Herd on top, Blue Raiders continue to impress....
Bookmark and Share
EagleRockCafe Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Eagles
C-USA Top 5: Herd on top, Blue Raiders continue to impress....
[Image: 103ab1h.jpg]

by PATRICK MAGEE on September 30, 2014

Quote:

Conference USA is entering week No. 6 and it's just getting weirder as the season goes along.

Marshall is still the clear No. 1 in the C-USA Top 5, but Middle Tennessee appears to be getting better by the game.

Here you have it, the top five teams in C-USA for week six.

1. Marshall (4-0):
The Thundering Herd had the week off and sits at 4-0. Marshall has been by far the most stable team in the league. If it can keep up that consistency, it could be in contention for a major bowl bid at the end of the season. Cincinnati's 50-28 loss to Ohio State helps out Marshall's case somewhat, but East Carolina (3-1) might be the favorite for the major bowl bid out of the Group of 5 at the moment.

2. Middle Tennessee (3-2, 2-0):
Following the 41-28 win at Old Dominion, MTSU looks like a team capable of playing spoiler in the East. Austin Grammer is a good dual-threat quarterback and the Raiders can create turnovers on defense.

3. Western Kentucky (2-2, 0-1): The Hilltoppers' 36-27 win at Navy Saturday is as good as any win in the conference this season. We all know WKU can score, but the defense held its own against a difficult Navy offense Saturday. The triple-overtime, 50-47, loss at MTSU in week three isn't looking so bad right now.

4. Florida Atlantic (2-3, 1-0):
After getting pushed around the first two weeks by Nebraska and Alabama, the Owls have looked much better the last three games. They have two quality wins over Tulsa and Texas-San Antonio and a 20-19 loss at Wyoming during that stretch. FAU moved into this spot because it is playing better of late and other contenders are suddenly struggling.

5. Old Dominion (3-2, 0-1): OK, Monarchs … You get another week in the C-USA Top 5, but you are on the clock. ODU hosts undefeated Marshall at 11 a.m. on Saturday in a game that should involve plenty of points … with most of them likely on the Marshall side. If ODU hangs with the Thundering Herd Saturday, it might have another week in the C-USA Top 5 … Did you notice that every team in the top five is in the East? Go figure.

http://www.sunherald.com/2014/09/30/5829...8/234/238/
09-30-2014 09:17 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

techdawg88 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Louisiana Tech
RE: C-USA Top 5: Herd on top, Blue Raiders continue to impress....
i like the direction FAU's program is headed
09-30-2014 09:42 PM
ODUMONARCHZ1 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Old Dominion
ODU is definitely 1-1 in conference.
09-30-2014 10:29 PM
Advertisement

goherd24herdfans Offline
All American

I Root For: marshall
Tulsa is not a quality win
10-01-2014 01:06 AM
ODUR8R Offline
All American

I Root For: ODU
I vote in an Underdog Dynasty weekly poll (because we all love weekly polls!!!!) and ODU is deservedly much lower. I have had them below Rice all season and at 9th. The poll I believe has them at 8th after an overreaction to 5th last week.

I have been high on FAU all season but not 4th, yet
10-01-2014 07:00 AM
NoodleOwl Offline
All Noodle

I Root For: the Owls! HOOT!

Folding@NCAAbbsNew Orleans Bowl
(09-30-2014 10:29 PM)ODUMONARCHZ1 Wrote:  ODU is definitely 1-1 in conference.

Naw, we're throwing our weight around in the conference office again. We got that game expunged from the records. 03-wink
10-01-2014 02:59 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.