Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

USA @ App
Bookmark and Share
Saint3333 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: App State
USA @ App
Posted this on the Jag 24/7 board:

Dress warm the weather can change quickly in Boone.

If you're looking for a place to stay for the weekend try renting a cabin for the weekend, the family will love it.

http://www.carolinacabinrentals.com/vaca...p?cat=3975

Places to eat: Daniel Boone Inn, Twigs, Woodlands BBQ.

Ignore the student tailgaters, but walk through the stadium lot and you'll likely get invited over.

Once you're in the stadium go over to the west stands for a $5 pork sandwich from Woodlands. Those pigs were smoked for 12 hours and then sat in aluminum foil for a couple more hours. Try the hot sauce.

As for the game, App must stop committing unforced errors, especially redzone drive killing turnovers and before the snap penalties to have a shot in this game.

Playing at home helps, momentum shifts quickly at Kidd Brewer.

USA has to complete what is probably the toughest travel arrangements possible in the SBC going to Idaho than App back to back. I think App jumps up early, with USA leading to begin the 4th, who knows after that.

Travel safe.
09-30-2014 02:02 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

sarkelcpa Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: GS, Ohio St.
RE: USA @ App
(09-30-2014 02:02 PM)Saint3333 Wrote:  Posted this on the Jag 24/7 board:

Dress warm the weather can change quickly in Boone.

If you're looking for a place to stay for the weekend try renting a cabin for the weekend, the family will love it.

http://www.carolinacabinrentals.com/vaca...p?cat=3975

Places to eat: Daniel Boone Inn, Twigs, Woodlands BBQ.

Ignore the student tailgaters, but walk through the stadium lot and you'll likely get invited over.

Once you're in the stadium go over to the west stands for a $5 pork sandwich from Woodlands. Those pigs were smoked for 12 hours and then sat in aluminum foil for a couple more hours. Try the hot sauce.

As for the game, App must stop committing unforced errors, especially redzone drive killing turnovers and before the snap penalties to have a shot in this game.

Playing at home helps, momentum shifts quickly at Kidd Brewer.

USA has to complete what is probably the toughest travel arrangements possible in the SBC going to Idaho than App back to back. I think App jumps up early, with USA leading to begin the 4th, who knows after that.

Travel safe.

I'm not a fan of the state of North Carolina but they do one thing right: Pulled Pork BBQ Carolina Style (vinegar base). My mouth is watering just thinking about it. 03-cloud9
09-30-2014 02:54 PM
GoApps70 Offline

I Root For: Appalachian St.
Should be one of the most interesting and possibly most closely contested games this weekend. Kind of hate to beat
USA though. Just doesn't sound right.
09-30-2014 03:09 PM
NCeagle Offline
NOT BANNED

I Root For: Ga Southern
+1 on getting a cabin. Last year a group of about 8 of us got a cabin about 20 minutes from the stadium a little higher in the mountains, and waking up to crisp cool air with a great view is awesome.... although it doesn't take the sting out of a loss.
09-30-2014 03:27 PM
SkullyMaroo Offline

I Root For: South Alabama
(09-30-2014 03:09 PM)GoApps70 Wrote:  Should be one of the most interesting and possibly most closely contested games this weekend. Kind of hate to beat USA though. Just doesn't sound right.

Maybe we can help you with this one. We wouldn't want bad connotations associated to a USA defeat. 03-drunk
09-30-2014 03:35 PM
GoApps70 Offline

(09-30-2014 03:35 PM)SkullyMaroo Wrote:  
(09-30-2014 03:09 PM)GoApps70 Wrote:  Should be one of the most interesting and possibly most closely contested games this weekend. Kind of hate to beat USA though. Just doesn't sound right.

Maybe we can help you with this one. We wouldn't want bad connotations associated to a USA defeat. 03-drunk

Could probably live with it.
09-30-2014 03:50 PM
Advertisement

DrGonzo Offline
1st String

Additional food recommendations (I'm a foodie and my endorsement is essentially a guarantee):

Boone:
Black Cat (Don't Be a Jerk Burrito, Chicken Enchiladas, The Chicken Wing Burrito)
Coyote Kitchen (Toas Boat, Kobe Beef Tacos, Any burger)
Peppers
Comeback Shack

Banner Elk:
The Painted Fish
Puerto Neuvo
09-30-2014 03:56 PM
soar#417 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: GaSo
Seriously though on the cabin, this was a groups of ours in college mountain trip every other year. They've got some awesome national parks around the area as well so Sunday win or lose you can see some pretty incredible views if weather permits.
09-30-2014 04:00 PM
DoubleAggie Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
Stop it - you guys are making me hungry!
(This post was last modified: 09-30-2014 04:05 PM by DoubleAggie.)
09-30-2014 04:04 PM
The4thOption Offline
1st String

I Root For: GeorgiaSouthern
If the App receivers snap their heads around a little faster, they are going to complete a lot more passes. Those guys never gave up and actually were still very much in the game late. Still can't believe they went for it on 4th and 3 when they could have made it a one score game late. THEN, got the ball right back down there on a blocked punt. Would have been a tie game, 1 yard shy with the INT there.

Lamb has to calm down and not force a throw under pressure, that will come. But I don't think USA's defense is going to put as much pressure as we did on him, so I predict a big night for the Mountaineers.

I'll guess that App wins by 10 at least. Their receivers catch much better than USA's.

And yes, get a cabin! You can get one for what a decent hotel runs. Split it with a couple of other couples and it can be cheaper! Plus enjoy a hot tub outside in the cold. It has snowed the last two times we went to Boone, Don't think that will happen this weekend, but I'll tell you that it is one nice view. I so hope they move our game back to Mid to late October.
(This post was last modified: 09-30-2014 06:55 PM by The4thOption.)
09-30-2014 06:55 PM
moehler Offline
1st String

what I have seen of both teams, App has more talent, but very young, going to do some stupid things that will cost us, USA seems to be better coached, more discipline, aren't going to beat themselves, will take advantage of App mistakes, I don't know who set up USA schedule, but this is the ultimate road trip. Idaho, then Boone in one week, got to think that alone is worth atleast a field goal for App, I think when you combine the desperation for App to win their first SBC game, travel for USA, packed house, I'll give App the slight edge.
10-01-2014 07:26 AM
Advertisement

GoApps70 Offline

Cannot fault Lamb too much on desperation fourth down passes.
It's either take a chance or turn the ball over. Sounded like our
FG kicker was slightly injured and had missed a lot of FG in previous
game so Satterfield had to roll the dice a little.
10-01-2014 07:44 AM
SkullyMaroo Offline

I Root For: South Alabama
(10-01-2014 07:26 AM)moehler Wrote:  what I have seen of both teams, App has more talent, but very young, going to do some stupid things that will cost us, USA seems to be better coached, more discipline, aren't going to beat themselves, will take advantage of App mistakes, I don't know who set up USA schedule, but this is the ultimate road trip. Idaho, then Boone in one week, got to think that alone is worth atleast a field goal for App, I think when you combine the desperation for App to win their first SBC game, travel for USA, packed house, I'll give App the slight edge.

The Sun Belt sets up the Sun Belt schedule. We've never seemed to catch the break when it deals with the conference. We fully expected to be one of the 4 teams to have to play at Idaho this first year the day Idaho joined the league.

What have you seen to conclude App is more talented than USA?

From my perspective App has the home field advantage, weather advantage (30's-40's already, really?), and first home Sun Belt game ever (emotion) advantage. I'm not saying USA is more talented at every position, but I think USA has more talent overall. Just looking at the stats (yes I'm a numbers man) I can't help but notice how different your stats are without the Campbell game.

With Campbell App averages
400.8 offensive yards gained a game (App edge)
370.0 defensive yards given up a game (same as USA)
28.5 points a game (App Edge)
26.8 points given up a game (USA edge)

Remove Campbell and App averages
355.0 offensive yards gained a game (same as USA)
461.7 defensive yards given up a game (USA edge)
16 points a game (USA edge)
33.7 points given up a game (USA edge)

Stats go out the window for the game. I know that. I'm just wondering what reasons you have for making a blanket statement that App is more talented? If you have valid reasons then I respect them and would like to know what they are. Our only real deficiency this year has been catching passes. That looked to be a lot better last week so hopefully we continue to improve that.
10-01-2014 08:13 AM
NCeagle Offline
NOT BANNED

I Root For: Ga Southern
(10-01-2014 07:44 AM)GoApps70 Wrote:  Cannot fault Lamb too much on desperation fourth down passes.
It's either take a chance or turn the ball over. Sounded like our
FG kicker was slightly injured and had missed a lot of FG in previous
game so Satterfield had to roll the dice a little.

yeah, when you guys went for it on 4th I knew it was because of the kicker. People around me were saying it was a dumb call, but they forgot we were in the same spot for 3-4 years up until last year. During that time, if we trotted out the FG kicker in a close game, our fans would have been booing like crazy.
10-01-2014 08:15 AM
AtlantaJag Offline
Beltbbs USA INsider

I Root For: USA Jaguars
(10-01-2014 08:13 AM)SkullyMaroo Wrote:  
(10-01-2014 07:26 AM)moehler Wrote:  what I have seen of both teams, App has more talent, but very young, going to do some stupid things that will cost us, USA seems to be better coached, more discipline, aren't going to beat themselves, will take advantage of App mistakes, I don't know who set up USA schedule, but this is the ultimate road trip. Idaho, then Boone in one week, got to think that alone is worth atleast a field goal for App, I think when you combine the desperation for App to win their first SBC game, travel for USA, packed house, I'll give App the slight edge.

The Sun Belt sets up the Sun Belt schedule. We've never seemed to catch the break when it deals with the conference. We fully expected to be one of the 4 teams to have to play at Idaho this first year the day Idaho joined the league.

From my perspective App has the home field advantage, weather advantage (30's-40's already, really?), and first home Sun Belt game ever (emotion) advantage. I'm not saying USA is more talented at every position, but I think USA has more talent overall. Just looking at the stats (yes I'm a numbers man) I can't help but notice how different your stats are without the Campbell game.

Stats go out the window for the game. I know that. I'm just wondering what reasons you have for making a blanket statement that App is more talented? If you have valid reasons then I respect them and would like to know what they are. Our only real deficiency this year has been catching passes. That looked to be a lot better last week so hopefully we continue to improve that.

I wish USA could have exchanged one of their games this year for a low-level FCS cream puff and padded some of their stats. We may never see a tougher schedule for the Jags. Even the easier games, like Kent St and Idaho, were on the road.
BTW, I would also expect USA to pressure Lamb this week. They showed a lot of new blitz packages against Idaho and have some pretty serious pass rushers at DE.
10-01-2014 09:43 AM
SpeedkingATL Offline
Special Teams

Lot of similarities between these two teams. At a glance I would give USA a slight advantage on the defense and App a slight advantage on the offense, though both teams have trouble putting points on the board. USA has a lot more experience and probably an advantage of depth which hopefully App will offset by playing at home. App needs to get off to a good start for a change as they have spotted their last 2 opponents 14 and 17 points before getting their engines started. Game looks like a tossup but App needs the win more than USA, and needs to win at home as the road schedule is pretty tough. 05-mafia
(This post was last modified: 10-01-2014 09:49 AM by SpeedkingATL.)
10-01-2014 09:48 AM
Advertisement

GoApps70 Offline

Skully.....Didn't you say previously that the Jags sacked the Idaho QB Linehan 7 times?
(This post was last modified: 10-01-2014 09:50 AM by GoApps70.)
10-01-2014 09:49 AM
moehler Offline
1st String

just an observation, what I have seen of USA on tv, does not strike me as a team with a lot of great athletes, they move well to the ball, and they have talent, but their strengths seem to be playing discipline, smart football, nothing wrong with that, App on the other hand has a lot of athletes who, while talented, still have stretches in a game where they play dumb, undiscipline football, too many plays where we try to make plays with talent instead of using their heads, just my opinion, I guess we will see Sat.
10-01-2014 10:04 AM
Jag89 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: USA
[/quote]

I wish USA could have exchanged one of their games this year for a low-level FCS cream puff and padded some of their stats. We may never see a tougher schedule for the Jags. Even the easier games, like Kent St and Idaho, were on the road.
BTW, I would also expect USA to pressure Lamb this week. They showed a lot of new blitz packages against Idaho and have some pretty serious pass rushers at DE.
[/quote]

I think the tough schedule will pay off as the season goes on. Hopefully the Jags passing game continues to improve and gets scoring early to keep the defense off the field. Apps DL is thin and young so hopefully we exploit that. App just lost a solid backup DE too.

Lamb seems talented but is a redshirt freshman, so hopefully blitz pressure gets him rattled. Jags have a veteren, experienced team so the crowd shoudn't matter with all of the bigger games they've been in.
10-01-2014 10:18 AM
Check Yosef Offline
1st String

USA @ App
(10-01-2014 08:13 AM)SkullyMaroo Wrote:  

If you throw out that you should throw out the other skew with Michigan, they wanted our blood and while they seem not great this year they are still a p5 and we still expected to lose bad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
10-01-2014 10:23 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.