Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

My husband divorced me for his gay lover - then took our children
EverRespect Offline
Free Kaplony

I Root For: ODU
My husband divorced me for his gay lover - then took our children
Quote:Every time a new state redefines marriage, the news is full of happy stories of gay and lesbian couples and their new families. But behind those big smiles and sunny photographs are other, more painful stories. These are left to secret, dark places. They are suppressed, and those who would tell them are silenced in the name of “marriage equality.”

But I refuse to be silent.

I represent one of those real life stories that are kept in the shadows. I have personally felt the pain and devastation wrought by the propaganda that destroys natural families.

The Divorce

In the fall of 2007, my husband of almost ten years told me that he was gay and that he wanted a divorce. In an instant, the world that I had known and loved—the life we had built together—was shattered.

I tried to convince him to stay, to stick it out and fight to save our marriage. But my voice, my desires, my needs—and those of our two young children—no longer mattered to him. We had become disposable, because he had embraced one tiny word that had become his entire identity. Being gay trumped commitment, vows, responsibility, faith, fatherhood, marriage, friendships, and community. All of this was thrown away for the sake of his new identity.

Try as I might to save our marriage, there was no stopping my husband. Our divorce was not settled in mediation or with lawyers. No, it went all the way to trial. My husband wanted primary custody of our children. His entire case can be summed up in one sentence: “I am gay, and I deserve my rights.” It worked: the judge gave him practically everything he wanted. At one point, he even told my husband, “If you had asked for more, I would have given it to you.”

I truly believe that judge was legislating from the bench, disregarding the facts of our particular case and simply using us—using our children— to help influence future cases. In our society, LGBT citizens are seen as marginalized victims who must be protected at all costs, even if it means stripping rights from others. By ignoring the injustice committed against me and my children, the judge seemed to think that he was correcting a larger injustice.

My husband had left us for his gay lover. They make more money than I do. There are two of them and only one of me. Even so, the judge believed that they were the victims. No matter what I said or did, I didn’t have a chance of saving our children from being bounced around like so many pieces of luggage.

A New Same-Sex Family—Built On the Ruins of Mine

My ex-husband and his partner went on to marry. Their first ceremony took place before our state redefined marriage. After it created same-sex marriage, they chose to have a repeat performance. In both cases, my children were forced—against my will and theirs—to participate. At the second ceremony, which included more than twenty couples, local news stations and papers were there to document the first gay weddings officiated in our state. USA Today did a photo journal shoot on my ex and his partner, my children, and even the grandparents. I was not notified that this was taking place, nor was I given a voice to object to our children being used as props to promote same-sex marriage in the media.

At the time of the first ceremony, the marriage was not recognized by our state, our nation, or our church. And my ex-husband’s new marriage, like the majority of male-male relationships, is an “open,” non-exclusive relationship. This sends a clear message to our children: what you feel trumps all laws, promises, and higher authorities. You can do whatever you want, whenever you want—and it doesn’t matter who you hurt along the way.

After our children’s pictures were publicized, a flood of comments and posts appeared. Commenters exclaimed at how beautiful this gay family was and congratulated my ex-husband and his new partner on the family that they “created.” But there is a significant person missing from those pictures: the mother and abandoned wife. That “gay family” could not exist without me.

There is not one gay family that exists in this world that was created naturally.

Every same-sex family can only exist by manipulating nature. Behind the happy façade of many families headed by same-sex couples, we see relationships that are built from brokenness. They represent covenants broken, love abandoned, and responsibilities crushed. They are built on betrayal, lies, and deep wounds.

This is also true of same-sex couples who use assisted reproductive technologies such as surrogacy or sperm donation to have children. Such processes exploit men and women for their reproductive potential, treat children as products to be bought and sold, and purposely deny children a relationship with one or both of their biological parents. Wholeness and balance cannot be found in such families, because something is always missing. I am missing. But I am real, and I represent hundreds upon thousands of spouses who have been betrayed and rejected.

If my husband had chosen to stay, I know that things wouldn’t have been easy. But that is what marriage is about: making a vow and choosing to live it out, day after day. In sickness and in health, in good times and in bad, spouses must choose to put the other person first, loving them even when it’s hard.

A good marriage doesn’t only depend on sexual desire, which can come and go and is often out of our control. It depends on choosing to love, honor, and be faithful to one person, forsaking all others. It is common for spouses to be attracted to other people—usually of the opposite sex, but sometimes of the same sex. Spouses who value their marriage do not act on those impulses. For those who find themselves attracted to people of the same sex, staying faithful to their opposite-sex spouse isn’t a betrayal of their true identity. Rather, it’s a decision not to let themselves be ruled by their passions. It shows depth and strength of character when such people remain true to their vows, consciously striving to remember, honor, and revive the love they had for their spouses when they first married.

http://www.lifesitenews.com/opinion/my-h...r-children
09-29-2014 01:30 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

UCF08 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UCF
RE: My husband divorced me for his gay lover - then took our children
Clearly the answer is to not allow him to marry or divorce this woman, and to continue onward with a wholly unhealthy relationship.
09-29-2014 01:35 PM
DrTorch Offline
Proved mach and GTS to be liars

I Root For: ASU, BGSU
CrappiesDonatorsBalance of Power Contest
I feel bad for her. But I wonder how vocal she was about men getting raped by judges, losing their children, their incomes.

I hate injustice, and don't think this is good b/c it "evens things out" but I do believe that women have been content to have the scales of justice tipped their way.

Furthermore, this isn't the only issue to pit feminism against homosexuality. That's going to be interesting to watch unfold.
09-29-2014 01:36 PM
DrTorch Offline

(09-29-2014 01:35 PM)UCF08 Wrote:  Clearly the answer is to not allow him to marry or divorce this woman, and to continue onward with a wholly unhealthy relationship.

03-lmfao Pro tip: In the real world, words have meaning.
09-29-2014 01:36 PM
BeliefBlazer Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: UAB

DonatorsDonators
Oh, no! Divorce! Maybe it should be outlawed.

Quote:And my ex-husband’s new marriage, like the majority of male-male relationships, is an “open,” non-exclusive relationship.

Sounds like she'd fit right in with some of the loony Spin Room posters. Just make up lies right out of thin air.
09-29-2014 01:37 PM
JDTulane Offline
Sazeracs and Retirement

I Root For: Peace
Sounds jaded.
09-29-2014 01:38 PM
Advertisement

UCF08 Offline
Hall of Famer

Yes, by definition every word has a meaning. You're very smart.
09-29-2014 01:38 PM
EverRespect Offline
Free Kaplony

(09-29-2014 01:36 PM)DrTorch Wrote:  I feel bad for her. But I wonder how vocal she was about men getting raped by judges, losing their children, their incomes.

I hate injustice, and don't think this is good b/c it "evens things out" but I do believe that women have been content to have the scales of justice tipped their way.

Furthermore, this isn't the only issue to pit feminism against homosexuality. That's going to be interesting to watch unfold.

Yep
09-29-2014 01:40 PM
EverRespect Offline
Free Kaplony

(09-29-2014 01:37 PM)BeliefBlazer Wrote:  Oh, no! Divorce! Maybe it should be outlawed.

Quote:And my ex-husband’s new marriage, like the majority of male-male relationships, is an “open,” non-exclusive relationship.

Sounds like she'd fit right in with some of the loony Spin Room posters. Just make up lies right out of thin air.

You don't like the facts, so it can't be true.
09-29-2014 01:41 PM
BeliefBlazer Offline
Super Moderator

DonatorsDonators
(09-29-2014 01:41 PM)EverRespect Wrote:  
(09-29-2014 01:37 PM)BeliefBlazer Wrote:  Oh, no! Divorce! Maybe it should be outlawed.

There are no facts to back up that statement.
09-29-2014 01:41 PM
JDTulane Offline
Sazeracs and Retirement

I Root For: Peace
(09-29-2014 01:41 PM)BeliefBlazer Wrote:  

NeverRespect makes up his own facts.
09-29-2014 01:42 PM
Advertisement

UCF08 Offline
Hall of Famer

He's just projecting because he knows if he were ever to try playing for the other team, he wouldn't be able to stop at just one.
09-29-2014 01:46 PM
EverRespect Offline
Free Kaplony

Nope, I didn't make up anything. Facts are facts. Gays are not monogamous and this guy's bedroom is a revolving door that his kids have to witness. Men dressed like women, obscene Halloween costumes, the whole 9 yards. Typical lifestyle of the average homosexual.
09-29-2014 01:48 PM
UCF08 Offline
Hall of Famer

(09-29-2014 01:48 PM)EverRespect Wrote:  Nope, I didn't make up anything. Facts are facts. Gays are not monogamous and this guy's bedroom is a revolving door that his kids have to witness. Men dressed like women, obscene Halloween costumes, the whole 9 yards. Typical lifestyle of the average homosexual.

Yes, literally the majority of gay men live one long unending gay-pride parade.
09-29-2014 01:49 PM
smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

I Root For: Lower taxes
So far no one has mentioned the kids.
09-29-2014 01:52 PM
mlb Offline
O' Great One

I Root For: Cincinnati
Donators
Threat title" My husband divorced me for his gay lover - then took our children"

I'm impressed you were able to come out about your sexuality, ER. Kudos. 05-stirthepot
09-29-2014 02:01 PM
Advertisement

South Carolina Duke Offline
Banned

I Root For: James Madison
There is a lot of evil in this world. The children will suffer severely!

She is correct, Homosexuality and homosexual families are UNNATURAL.
09-29-2014 02:09 PM
georgia_tech_swagger Offline
Res publica non dominetur

I Root For: GT, USCU, FU, WYO

SkunkworksFolding@NCAAbbsNCAAbbs LUGCrappies
(09-29-2014 02:01 PM)mlb Wrote:  Threat title" My husband divorced me for his gay lover - then took our children"

I'm impressed you were able to come out about your sexuality, ER. Kudos. 05-stirthepot

03-lmfao

(This post was last modified: 09-29-2014 02:23 PM by georgia_tech_swagger.)
09-29-2014 02:10 PM
DrTorch Offline

So you're not aware of the facts, thus they don't exist? pfft. STFU, you don't know what you're talking about.
09-29-2014 02:38 PM
BeliefBlazer Offline
Super Moderator

DonatorsDonators
(09-29-2014 02:38 PM)DrTorch Wrote:  

So you're not aware of the facts, thus they don't exist? pfft. STFU, you don't know what you're talking about.

Provide the facts from a reputable source or stop blathering.
09-29-2014 02:40 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.