Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Ted Cruz Is Prepping a Foreign Policy-Focused Presidential Campaign
EverRespect Offline
Free Kaplony

I Root For: ODU
Ted Cruz Is Prepping a Foreign Policy-Focused Presidential Campaign
Quote:Ted Cruz is running for president. The only thing left for him to do is say so.

According to sources close to the Texas senator, Cruz could be preparing for an end-of-year announcement and is now dedicating considerable time and effort to cultivating a foreign-policy foundation that might help his candidacy stand out in what is guaranteed to be a crowded field.

"At this point it's 90/10 he's in," one Cruz adviser said. "And honestly, 90 is lowballing it."
Quote:"If and when military action is called for, it should be A) with a clearly defined military objective, B) executed with overwhelming force, and C) when we're done we should get the heck out," he said. "I don't think it's the job of our military to engage in nation-building. It is the job of our military to protect America and to hunt down and kill those who would threaten to murder Americans. It is not the job of our military to occupy countries across the globe and try to turn them into democratic utopias."

http://www.nationaljournal.com/politics/...r-20140928
09-29-2014 01:29 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

HeartOfDixie Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Alabama
RE: Ted Cruz Is Prepping a Foreign Policy-Focused Presidential Campaign
Americans don't care enough.

Welfare and taxes are all Americans en masse care about.
09-29-2014 01:31 PM
firmbizzle Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UF, UCF
What are his foreign policy credentials? The guy has no choice but to run for president, he's not getting re-elected to the Senate.
09-29-2014 01:48 PM
EverRespect Offline
Free Kaplony

(09-29-2014 01:48 PM)firmbizzle Wrote:  What are his foreign policy credentials? The guy has no choice but to run for president, he's not getting re-elected to the Senate.

What exactly did he say in this piece in regards to foreign policy that you disagree with?
09-29-2014 01:50 PM
Advertisement

firmbizzle Offline
Hall of Famer

(09-29-2014 01:50 PM)EverRespect Wrote:  
(09-29-2014 01:48 PM)firmbizzle Wrote:  What are his foreign policy credentials? The guy has no choice but to run for president, he's not getting re-elected to the Senate.

What exactly did he say in this piece in regards to foreign policy that you disagree with?

He's not really saying much. It's like he ordered to blue-plate foreign policy special. Honestly, I think Obama and Hillary said the same stuff in 2008.
09-29-2014 02:19 PM
georgia_tech_swagger Offline
Res publica non dominetur

I Root For: GT, USCU, FU, WYO

SkunkworksFolding@NCAAbbsNCAAbbs LUGCrappies
Nothing says unfit to be in charge like basing your campaign about running this country around what you're doing in other countries.
09-29-2014 02:27 PM
EverRespect Offline
Free Kaplony

(09-29-2014 02:27 PM)georgia_tech_swagger Wrote:  Nothing says unfit to be in charge like basing your campaign about running this country around what you're doing in other countries.

So you are satisfied with the status quo on foreign policy?
09-29-2014 02:30 PM
Advertisement

(09-29-2014 02:30 PM)EverRespect Wrote:  
(09-29-2014 02:27 PM)georgia_tech_swagger Wrote:  Nothing says unfit to be in charge like basing your campaign about running this country around what you're doing in other countries.

My issues with foreign policy can get the **** in line behind the debt, the deficit, unfunded liabilities, ObamaCare, net neutrality, civil liberties, separation of powers, enforcement of the Constitution, militarized police, the NSA, transparency in government, whistleblower prosecutions, and the IRS scandal. And that is just off the top of my head.
09-29-2014 02:37 PM
EverRespect Offline
Free Kaplony

(09-29-2014 02:37 PM)georgia_tech_swagger Wrote:  
(09-29-2014 02:30 PM)EverRespect Wrote:  

My issues with foreign policy can get the **** in line behind the debt, the deficit, unfunded liabilities, ObamaCare, net neutrality, civil liberties, separation of powers, enforcement of the Constitution, militarized police, the NSA, transparency in government, whistleblower prosecutions, and the IRS scandal. And that is just off the top of my head.

Gotcha, so you agree with Senator Cruz across the board, he just isn't allowed to have a foreign policy in a presidential election... you know one of the only things the federal government actually has constitutional powers over and the responsibility of the president as commander in chief and chief diplomat 01-wingedeagle
09-29-2014 02:41 PM

(09-29-2014 02:41 PM)EverRespect Wrote:  Gotcha, so you agree with Senator Cruz across the board, he just isn't allowed to have a foreign policy in a presidential election... you know one of the only things the federal government actually has constitutional powers over and the responsibility of the president as commander in chief and chief diplomat 01-wingedeagle

[Image: jump-to-conclusions-mat.jpg]
09-29-2014 02:48 PM
Advertisement

DFWMINER Offline
1st String

I Root For:
Crappies

Really?

That's not what I'm thinking living down here in Texas and all.
09-29-2014 02:50 PM
mlb Offline
O' Great One

I Root For: Cincinnati
Donators
(09-29-2014 02:48 PM)georgia_tech_swagger Wrote:  [Image: jump-to-conclusions-mat.jpg]

I once had an idea like that!
09-29-2014 02:51 PM
EverRespect Offline
Free Kaplony

(09-29-2014 02:50 PM)DFWMINER Wrote:  

Really?

They could always run Wendy Davis against him.

03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao
09-29-2014 02:51 PM
Advertisement

firmbizzle Offline
Hall of Famer

(09-29-2014 02:50 PM)DFWMINER Wrote:  

Really?

He'll get primaried by the establishment.
09-29-2014 06:07 PM
THE NC Herd Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Marshall
[Image: 33100d1323726791-what-daw-do-you-use-why...-again.jpg]

It's the economy stupid!!!!
09-29-2014 06:12 PM
EverRespect Offline
Free Kaplony

Re: RE: Ted Cruz Is Prepping a Foreign Policy-Focused Presidential Campaign
(09-29-2014 02:48 PM)georgia_tech_swagger Wrote:  
(09-29-2014 02:41 PM)EverRespect Wrote:  Gotcha, so you agree with Senator Cruz across the board, he just isn't allowed to have a foreign policy in a presidential election... you know one of the only things the federal government actually has constitutional powers over and the responsibility of the president as commander in chief and chief diplomat 01-wingedeagle

[Image: jump-to-conclusions-mat.jpg]

Nice meme, but considering Cruz agrees with libertarians on that vast litany of issues you list as being more important to you than foreign policy except for gay marriage and abortion, which are inconsequential to the job, combined with the thread you started complaining about gay threads, I can only conclude that homosexuality is your number 1 issue. I am trying to see your point of view, but you are all over the map. I don't see you coming to his defense when he is trying to eridicate Obamacare, balance the budget, or reign in the federal power grab. Think about it and then ask why you are seen as supporters and enablers of the democrats.

I take that back, I have no idea what his views are on net neutrality.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
09-29-2014 06:29 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.