Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Obama On How USA Is Still Racist:“White Kids Grow Up Unnecessarily Fearful Of Blacks"
EagleRockCafe Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Eagles
Obama On How USA Is Still Racist:“White Kids Grow Up Unnecessarily Fearful Of Blacks"
[Image: 2qv8lk7.jpg]

It’s almost like he wants America to be racist so he can deflect attention away from his failures.

Quote:OBAMA: And that has a corrosive effect — not just on the black community; it has a corrosive effect on America. It harms the communities that need law enforcement the most. It makes folks who are victimized by crime and need strong policing reluctant to go to the police because they may not trust them. And the worst part of it is it scars the hearts of our children. It scars the hearts of the white kids who grow unnecessarily fearful of somebody who doesn’t look like them. It stains the heart of black children who feel as if no matter what he does, he will always be under suspicion. That is not the society we want. It’s not the society that our children deserve. (Applause.) Whether you’re black or white, you don’t want that for America.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-offi...rds-dinner
09-29-2014 10:46 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

mlb Offline
O' Great One

I Root For: Cincinnati
Donators
RE: Obama On How USA Is Still Racist:“White Kids Grow Up Unnecessarily Fearful Of Blacks"
He's right.

Suburban white kids are taught to be suspicious of a black kid. I saw it going up in a suburb. My parents did a great job of fighting that perception that came from friends. Going to UC also helped as it is a very diverse school.

On the flip side, black kids are taught to be suspicious of white people as they feel as though they are going to be screwed over by the white man any time they get a chance. People on both sides need to step back and recognize the stuff we teach our kids through our behaviors.
09-29-2014 10:51 AM
South Carolina Duke Offline
Banned

I Root For: James Madison
RE: Obama On How USA Is Still Racist:“White Kids Grow Up Unnecessarily Fearful Of Blacks"
BHO is not right. Kids pick up on things faster than you realize. Like my son knows that a Black kid in his class is always Tardy. He knows that the kid or the kids' parents are lazy.
(This post was last modified: 09-29-2014 11:02 AM by South Carolina Duke.)
09-29-2014 11:02 AM
UCF08 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UCF
RE: Obama On How USA Is Still Racist:“White Kids Grow Up Unnecessarily Fearful Of Blac...
(09-29-2014 11:02 AM)South Carolina Duke Wrote:  BHO is not right. Kids pick up on things faster than you realize. Like my son knows that a Black kid in his class is always Tardy. He knows that the kid or the kids' parents are lazy.

Racism isn't that he noticed that the same black kid is always late, the racism is assuming his tardiness must be due to 'laziness'.
09-29-2014 11:04 AM
john01992 Offline
Former ESPNer still in recovery mode

I Root For: John0 out!!!!
RE: Obama On How USA Is Still Racist:“White Kids Grow Up Unnecessarily Fearful Of Blac...
(09-29-2014 11:02 AM)South Carolina Duke Wrote:  BHO is not right. Kids pick up on things faster than you realize. Like my son knows that a Black kid in his class is always Tardy. He knows that the kid or the kids' parents are lazy.

And you wonder why so many people on here consider you a full pledged racist...
(This post was last modified: 09-29-2014 11:06 AM by john01992.)
09-29-2014 11:05 AM
Banned

No racism. Just commenting on the facts.
09-29-2014 11:06 AM
Advertisement

HeartOfDixie Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Alabama
It's unfortunate but people wouldn't be afraid if blacks didn't commit crime at the rate they do. It's a stereotype and what makes us so uncomfortable with them is they are rooted in some grain of truth we don't wish to face.
Banned

Is BHO Racist?
EverRespect Offline
Free Kaplony

I Root For: ODU
(09-29-2014 10:51 AM)mlb Wrote:  He's right.

Suburban white kids are taught to be suspicious of a black kid. I saw it going up in a suburb. My parents did a great job of fighting that perception that came from friends. Going to UC also helped as it is a very diverse school.

On the flip side, black kids are taught to be suspicious of white people as they feel as though they are going to be screwed over by the white man any time they get a chance. People on both sides need to step back and recognize the stuff we teach our kids through our behaviors.

It didn't help that I was in 7th grade during the Rodney King riots and witness scores of unprovoked black on white assaults. I still have a nasty scar on the back of my hand from where one of them put a Newport out on it while I was just trying to go to the bathroom to take a p*ss. So yeah, I grew up fearful of black people, but it had nothing to do with upbringing. I was in my 20s before I really got over the prejudice.
09-29-2014 11:10 AM
mlb Offline
O' Great One

Donators
(09-29-2014 11:10 AM)EverRespect Wrote:  It didn't help that I was in 7th grade during the Rodney King riots and witness scores of unprovoked black on white assaults. I still have a nasty scar on the back of my hand from where one of them put a Newport out on it while I was just trying to go to the bathroom to take a p*ss. So yeah, I grew up fearful of black people, but it had nothing to do with upbringing. I was in my 20s before I really got over the prejudice.

So you are in the minority to ever have had anything bad like that happen to you. 99% of suburban white kids have never had anything bad happen to them personally.

As far as SC Duke goes, maybe his kid should think that the kid's parents are lazy, not paying attention to the skin color of him. In my son's school there are a lot of habitually tardy kids. ALL of them from white families.
09-29-2014 11:15 AM
oklalittledixie Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Oklahoma
This President has a lot of nerve playing his racism game right now.
09-29-2014 11:15 AM
Advertisement

mlb Offline
O' Great One

Donators
(09-29-2014 11:06 AM)HeartOfDixie Wrote:  It's unfortunate but people wouldn't be afraid if blacks didn't commit crime at the rate they do. It's a stereotype and what makes us so uncomfortable with them is they are rooted in some grain of truth we don't wish to face.

Have you ever been to a professional football game? Lots of white people fighting in the stands. They just don't get arrested.

If they were arrested for assault and the media covered them in the same way as when black kids are arrested for "rioting" or however they choose to term it, you may see a change in behaviors.
09-29-2014 11:17 AM
HeartOfDixie Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Alabama
(09-29-2014 11:17 AM)mlb Wrote:  
(09-29-2014 11:06 AM)HeartOfDixie Wrote:  It's unfortunate but people wouldn't be afraid if blacks didn't commit crime at the rate they do. It's a stereotype and what makes us so uncomfortable with them is they are rooted in some grain of truth we don't wish to face.

Have you ever been to a professional football game? Lots of white people fighting in the stands. They just don't get arrested.

If they were arrested for assault and the media covered them in the same way as when black kids are arrested for "rioting" or however they choose to term it, you may see a change in behaviors.

I've been to more pro football games than I care to count and I have not seen a fight. Perhaps it is a sign of where you live?
09-29-2014 11:20 AM
oklalittledixie Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Oklahoma

People are really sick of this victim mentality white liberals are putting out.

Just sick of it. White people very seldom riot in America, blacks commit 90% of all crimes.

There is your reasoning. Just stop with the racism nonsense.
09-29-2014 11:21 AM
Banned

MLB, I said exactly that,, read much?
09-29-2014 11:21 AM
UCF08 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UCF
(09-29-2014 11:21 AM)oklalittledixie Wrote:  

People are really sick of this victim mentality white liberals are putting out.

Just sick of it. White people very seldom riot in America, blacks commit 90% of all crimes.

There is your reasoning. Just stop with the racism nonsense.

Well that's not true at all. They might commit a majority of the crime in the US, but you're grossly exaggerating with 90%.
09-29-2014 11:23 AM
Advertisement

mlb Offline
O' Great One

Donators
(09-29-2014 11:20 AM)HeartOfDixie Wrote:  I've been to more pro football games than I care to count and I have not seen a fight. Perhaps it is a sign of where you live?

I've been to Cincinnati and Pittsburgh games... and I've seen fights at every game I've ever been to.
09-29-2014 11:24 AM
john01992 Offline
Former ESPNer still in recovery mode

I Root For: John0 out!!!!
My HS out of 2000 kids had roughly 10 black kids total from just 3 different families. Of which most of them had at least one white parent.

so yeah I can understand where this comes from.
(This post was last modified: 09-29-2014 11:25 AM by john01992.)
09-29-2014 11:24 AM
Fitbud Offline
Banned

I Root For: PAC 12

In case you thought that racism doesn't exist and Obama is wrong, all you have to do is read this post. 03-lmfao03-lmfao
09-29-2014 11:25 AM
ODUgradstudent Offline
1st String

I Root For: ODU
I think part of the problem is that the difference between black and white people is constantly reinforced. We frequently hear from the media and the politicians (evidently the President and often the AG) about how we're different from each other. There's racism against Hispanics but we don't hear from the top about it so much (perhaps illegals who may be Hispanic, but that's not the same thing), we don't drive a wedge between Asians and white people all the time, sure there's racism there too which historically was institutional and had terrible consequences, but we don't try to force an agenda about how different we are today.

There is clearly racism in America, there always will be though and that doesn't make it acceptable, but when we have our leaders telling us how different white and black people are it creates the perpetual mistrust. Unfortunately a lot of people in politics have a lot to gain from keeping racism in America and have no interest in ending it.
09-29-2014 11:25 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.