Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Church boots AA group over gay weddings
smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

I Root For: Lower taxes
Church boots AA group over gay weddings
The left is taking their ball and going home. If they can't play then no one can play.

Quote:KEITHVILLE, LA (KSLA) -
A local Alcoholics Anonymous group will have to find another place to meet, after the church told them they are no longer welcome because they don't want to be forced to accommodate homosexual weddings.

In a letter signed by the pastor and minister of Westwood Baptist Church, the AA group was informed that the church facility will no longer be available to their organization beginning October 1, 2014.

The AA group had been holding their weekly meetings at the church for more than 5 years.

http://www.kpho.com/story/26622287/churc...y-weddings
09-27-2014 08:40 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

john01992 Offline
Former ESPNer still in recovery mode

I Root For: John0 out!!!!
RE: Church boots AA group over gay weddings
leave it to a dumb conservative to blame conservatives closing their doors because they choose to do so on liberals and calling it "taking my ball and going home."
09-27-2014 09:35 PM
john01992 Offline

And just an FYI smn, if you wanna not look so stupid, READ THE FU.CKING ARTICLE before you post it.

According to Critcher, the church is misguided in basing their fear off of that ruling. "It was property the church owned, they applied for a New Jersey program that was specifically for non-profits that could get their property tax exempt if they rented it out to the public.”

She says in that case the church was only in the wrong because they filed under the wrong tax exemption and churches have absolutely nothing to worry about but she says it startles her that a church would turn protection into discrimination.
(This post was last modified: 09-27-2014 09:39 PM by john01992.)
09-27-2014 09:38 PM
UCF08 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UCF
This entire messageboard is a reminder why that NPR April Fools joke fooled so many people.
09-27-2014 10:16 PM
gobluebigjon Offline
1st String

I Root For: basketball?
(09-27-2014 09:38 PM)john01992 Wrote:  And just an FYI smn, if you wanna not look so stupid, READ THE FU.CKING ARTICLE before you post it.

According to Critcher, the church is misguided in basing their fear off of that ruling. "It was property the church owned, they applied for a New Jersey program that was specifically for non-profits that could get their property tax exempt if they rented it out to the public.”

She says in that case the church was only in the wrong because they filed under the wrong tax exemption and churches have absolutely nothing to worry about but she says it startles her that a church would turn protection into discrimination.

Seriously? Is it really that much more work to file for a religious exemption?
09-27-2014 10:34 PM
smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

(09-27-2014 09:38 PM)john01992 Wrote:  And just an FYI smn, if you wanna not look so stupid, READ THE FU.CKING ARTICLE before you post it.

I did read it. You leftists have the Christian world worried about all the lawsuits you said would never happen. First it was a bakery and now churches are worried about what will happen to them. Mistake or not, the concern was there.

1.6% is wagging the dog.
09-27-2014 10:46 PM
Advertisement

UCF08 Offline
Hall of Famer

Wait, are you literally trying to blame liberals for the church making a stupid decision that had no basis in reality? Are you even aware of the mental gymnastics you're doing just to blame liberals for literally everything?
09-27-2014 10:56 PM
smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

(09-27-2014 10:56 PM)UCF08 Wrote:  Wait, are you literally trying to blame liberals for the church making a stupid decision that had no basis in reality? Are you even aware of the mental gymnastics you're doing just to blame liberals for literally everything?

Liberals are to blame for everything. You guys are sue happy and you have the perfect AG to do it.

At some point someone will sue the church in question for not having a bathroom for trannys. California already has them so it shall be decreed that every home in America now have them.

Bite me.
09-27-2014 11:05 PM
john01992 Offline

Hey smn,

are you done with your ranting about make believe scenarios and delusional talking points?

I mean seriously, you are blaming liberals for conservatives willingly closing their doors because they incorrectly thought a court ruling would affect them. There is absolutely nothing here to blame liberals for.

If you want any more proof that the GOP lives off of inserting unfounded fear into bigoted idiots, look to the OP.
09-27-2014 11:30 PM
gobluebigjon Offline
1st String

I Root For: basketball?
(09-27-2014 11:05 PM)smn1256 Wrote:  
(09-27-2014 10:56 PM)UCF08 Wrote:  Wait, are you literally trying to blame liberals for the church making a stupid decision that had no basis in reality? Are you even aware of the mental gymnastics you're doing just to blame liberals for literally everything?

Liberals are to blame for everything. You guys are sue happy and you have the perfect AG to do it.

At some point someone will sue the church in question for not having a bathroom for trannys. California already has them so it shall be decreed that every home in America now have them.

Bite me.

A church should know how to file the proper exemption.
09-27-2014 11:31 PM
supertiger Offline
Sensible Alumnus

I Root For: Memphis TIGERS
There are AA meetings in Lousiana?
09-28-2014 09:24 AM
Advertisement

oklalittledixie Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Oklahoma
(09-27-2014 08:40 PM)smn1256 Wrote:  The left is taking their ball and going home. If they can't play then no one can play.

Quote:KEITHVILLE, LA (KSLA) -
A local Alcoholics Anonymous group will have to find another place to meet, after the church told them they are no longer welcome because they don't want to be forced to accommodate homosexual weddings.

In a letter signed by the pastor and minister of Westwood Baptist Church, the AA group was informed that the church facility will no longer be available to their organization beginning October 1, 2014.

The AA group had been holding their weekly meetings at the church for more than 5 years.

http://www.kpho.com/story/26622287/churc...y-weddings

The lady in the tiger print is delusional. They will be forced to marry gay couples, because the gaystapo will being using the courts the same way they did when they sued the baker over the wedding cake. They are simply waiting for all the court cases on the laws to play out, then they will turn their attention to the Churches.

Nice biased reporting by that news station. They should be ashamed of themselves for only interviewing that gay rights woman. This was a propaganda piece.

The gaystapo may win their battles in court, but they are starting to lose their court case on public opinion.

Good for this Church for shutting it down. Had they adhered to the gay community, it would have only escalated.
09-28-2014 09:40 AM
oklalittledixie Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Oklahoma

The Church made the correct decision.
09-28-2014 09:41 AM
UCF08 Offline
Hall of Famer

Ok, so you're not aware of the mental gymnastics you're doing just to blame liberals for literally everything. Thanks for the answer.
09-28-2014 11:15 AM
john01992 Offline

(09-28-2014 11:15 AM)UCF08 Wrote:  Ok, so you're not aware of the mental gymnastics you're doing just to blame liberals for literally everything. Thanks for the answer.

Mental gymnastics is dixie's calling card bro...
09-28-2014 11:22 AM
pharaoh0 Offline
Triggered by Microaggressions

I Root For: Duke, L'ville
The crux of this situation is whether the property was a church or a non-profit affiliated owned part of that church. For decades, churches have maintained their "religious" buildings and separate non-profit, but "open to the public" buildings, for things that do not conflict with Christianity, like AA, boy scouts, wedding reception, etc. Knowing that this property is church owned and that the people are Christian, the homosexual groups are targeting these facilities to force them to accept homosexual weddings. It's not like they don't have anywhere else to get married. To the contrary, these church owned facilities account for a tiny fraction (in many cases infinitesimal) of available facilities in a city. The hateful homosexual groups intentionally target these people because some courts have created a way for these folks to have the homosexual agenda shoved down their throats. IN the end, these churches either must forgo aiding their community in Christ or violate their faith by furthering homosexuality.

Our right to practice whatever religion we choose is supposed to be guaranteed by the First Amendment. This is just another example of how that right is constantly eroded each day by liberals.
09-28-2014 04:48 PM
Advertisement

THE NC Herd Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Marshall

I'm betting this is a small church that can't afford a team of lawyers to file the right paperwork, but churches should not be put in a position to have to worry about this. Unfortunately the gaystapo looks for every opportunity to force their agenda even in churches.
09-28-2014 06:16 PM
olliebaba Offline
Legend

I Root For: Christ
(09-28-2014 04:48 PM)pharaoh0 Wrote:  The crux of this situation is whether the property was a church or a non-profit affiliated owned part of that church. For decades, churches have maintained their "religious" buildings and separate non-profit, but "open to the public" buildings, for things that do not conflict with Christianity, like AA, boy scouts, wedding reception, etc. Knowing that this property is church owned and that the people are Christian, the homosexual groups are targeting these facilities to force them to accept homosexual weddings. It's not like they don't have anywhere else to get married. To the contrary, these church owned facilities account for a tiny fraction (in many cases infinitesimal) of available facilities in a city. The hateful homosexual groups intentionally target these people because some courts have created a way for these folks to have the homosexual agenda shoved down their throats. IN the end, these churches either must forgo aiding their community in Christ or violate their faith by furthering homosexuality.

Our right to practice whatever religion we choose is supposed to be guaranteed by the First Amendment. This is just another example of how that right is constantly eroded each day by liberals.

Very good explanation which will go over the heads of the Lefties.

I wonder if the gaystapo wanted a wedding in a Christian church if they could FORCE the minister to conduct it against his beliefs? If he refused could he be liable? After all, he is not the church. And if someone else was hired to perform it at that church could he/she be stopped because the church only lets the pastors that were hired to preach there?
09-28-2014 06:30 PM
UCF08 Offline
Hall of Famer

Gaystopo? Jfc.
09-28-2014 06:41 PM
THE NC Herd Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Marshall
(09-28-2014 06:41 PM)UCF08 Wrote:  Gaystopo? Jfc.

Quote:One of the Left’s most effective tools is the goon squad of gay party-line enforcers called “The Gaystapo”

Gays are used by the Left most often to attack, malign, and persecute Christians…as “enemies of the gay community”. The desired impact of this is to depict gays as perpetual victims of bullying by Christians so that other members of the public turn their backs on Christianity in support of these alleged-victims…when, in reality, it’s the gays who are attacking Christians and all of their “righteous indignation” is cover for the fact that gays are just employed as goon squads for the Left in this manner.

Leftwing hit squad
09-28-2014 06:46 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.