Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Replays?
Bookmark and Share
TeKERaider Offline
1st String

I Root For: MTSU
Replays?
Just wanted to throw this out there to make sure its not just my blue tinted glasses, but did anybody see a replay that showed Tucker fumble? I sure didn't. In fact it looked to me like it confirmed he was down. Either way it certainly wasn't conclusive which is supposed to be the standard.
Coming from the SBC I am use to there not being enough camera angles etc. to get a play overturned and hearing "play stands" on a regular basis. So replays like the Batties sideline catch at MN that didn't get overturned even though he was pretty clearly in bounds don't bother me. However that fumble was the second one(Minnesota TD)this year we have had the ruling on the field overturned when the video is clear the call was right or at the very least inconclusive. Did the standard for overturning a call change and I didn't know it.
(This post was last modified: 09-27-2014 05:53 AM by TeKERaider.)
09-27-2014 05:52 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Cnelson203 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Marshall; WVU
RE: Replays?
(09-27-2014 05:52 AM)TeKERaider Wrote:  Just wanted to throw this out there to make sure its not just my blue tinted glasses, but did anybody see a replay that showed Tucker fumble?

I thought that was interesting as well. I watched closely and in most angles I couldn't even see the ball, and in the one I could see the ball pop out, I couldn't see the players upper body well. I told my wife, that's not going to be overturned. I was surprised, and can only assume that the replay officials had an angle I didn't see. Otherwise, it was a botched replay call, imo.
09-27-2014 05:58 AM
Franko Offline
1st String

I Root For: WKU
Both the Fox Sports guys thought he was down before he lost the ball and were somewhat surprised they reversed the call.
09-27-2014 09:31 AM
TeKERaider Offline
1st String

Well in the Mn game the Big 10 announcers said it was a TD. Like I said, I can understand letting a play stand but overturning? !
09-27-2014 09:34 AM
Advertisement

ODU AGGIE Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Old Dominion
Sometimes the officials use a combination of views to determine the final result when each individual view considered on its on does not give the full picture. That may well be what happened in this case. I was at the game, and overall I thought it was as well officiated a game as I have seen at Foreman Field, to include the few reversals after review that allowed them to get it right.

I thought the replay of the one MT interception showed the ball hitting the ground, but that play did not get reviewed, and it may well have not shown enough to be reversible. All said, I had no complaints on the officiating.
09-27-2014 09:41 AM
surlycanon Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Middle Tenn
(09-27-2014 09:41 AM)ODU AGGIE Wrote:  Sometimes the officials use a combination of views to determine the final result when each individual view considered on its on does not give the full picture. That may well be what happened in this case. I was at the game, and overall I thought it was as well officiated a game as I have seen at Foreman Field, to include the few reversals after review that allowed them to get it right.

I thought the replay of the one MT interception showed the ball hitting the ground, but that play did not get reviewed, and it may well have not shown enough to be reversible. All said, I had no complaints on the officiating.

I don't know if it works this way, but it should not be difficult to lock all camera angles using timecode and replay them simultaneously. Knee down in one angle, look for the ball in the other. They should be doing this in college ball and the NFL.
09-27-2014 10:37 AM
EverRespect Offline
Free Kaplony

I Root For: ODU
I dont know what showed on TV, but on the replay on the jumbotron at the stadium, it was clearly a fumble. It was close, but clear.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
09-27-2014 10:48 AM
TeKERaider Offline
1st String

That's strange because nothing on TV showed it. That's the first time I have ever heard of a jumbotron showing a better look than the broadcast.
09-27-2014 05:08 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.