Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Dim candidate plagiarizes known plagiarist
Kaplony Offline
Palmetto State Deplorable

I Root For: Newberry
Dim candidate plagiarizes known plagiarist
http://www.buzzfeed.com/andrewkaczynski/...ag#3irto5o

Quote:Democratic gubernatorial South Dakota nominee appears to have plagiarized parts of her issues page from Texas gubernatorial candidate Wendy Davis and Wisconsin gubernatorial candidate Mary Burke, who herself is embattled in a plagiarism snafu of her own.

Oddly, Susan Wismer actually copies from a biographical section of Burke’s campaign material, placing her name where Burke’s appeared.

Quote:Asked about the cut-and-paste job by David Montgomery of the Argus Leader, Wismer dismissed the copying.

“This isn’t academia. This is politics,” Wismer said. “We all do what we can to save time.”

Later in an emailed statement, Wismer said “under no circumstances would I ever condone the stealing of another person’s work,” adding “I am disappointed in this situation.”

I understand the seriousness of these allegations. Under no circumstances would I ever condone the stealing of another person’s work. I am disappointed in this situation. My staff has put processes in place to ensure that something like this doesn’t happen on my campaign again.

From New Hampshire to Oregon, and Minnesota to New Mexico, Democratic candidates are fighting against the same conservative script, it only makes sense that many candidates will campaign on the same issues.

Since I got into the race, I’ve been talking about the importance of prioritizing people over politics. That doesn’t stop here, it doesn’t change now. The people of South Dakota are our number one asset and I will not stop fighting for everyone in this state.

Burke has been called on the carpet herself for multiple incidents of plagiarism.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/andrewkaczynski/...om#3irto5o

Quote:Sections of Wisconsin Democratic gubernatorial candidate Mary Burke’s veterans and rural communities plans appear to copy text directly from a variety of sources.

The sources include, but are not limited to, academic journals and reports, and a local newspaper column.

In other instances, the sources are linked in plan’s footnotes, though Burke’s plan makes little effort to indicate that not just the source, but the words themselves were taken from the sources.

BuzzFeed News has also found another section of Burke’s jobs plan was copied from another gubernatorial candidate in another state, this time 2010 candidate Peter Corroon in Utah.

BuzzFeed News reported Friday that large portions of Burke’s jobs plan for Wisconsin were copied directly from the plans of four Democratic candidates who ran for governor in previous election cycles.

Portions of the plan also used the same language as a White House press release and a Harvard report.
09-27-2014 03:29 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

DrTorch Offline
Proved mach and GTS to be liars

I Root For: ASU, BGSU
CrappiesDonatorsBalance of Power Contest
RE: Dim candidate plagiarizes known plagiarist
Funny that the evidence actually proves that Dems can't think for themselves.
09-29-2014 08:21 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.