Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

To the People of Foreman Field (and ODU fans Alike)
Bookmark and Share
ThreeifbyLightning Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Univ of Middle Tennessee
Welcome to your first true experience of seeing big boy football! One thing you'll learn real fast is you can't put all the good players on one side of the ball and win at this level. You have to recruit enough good players to put some on the other side of the ball too. And oh by that way that's hard to do.

In all seriousness, I have to admit that I am completely envious with everything you guys have going for you there and I'm very impressed with the way you guys are going about things.

If there is a model for how to start up a program the right way it's at ODU. I'm very excited to be in a conference with you guys even if you're going to be a thorn in the side of everyone else in the east for years to come.

Much respect.
(This post was last modified: 09-26-2014 11:11 PM by ThreeifbyLightning.)
09-26-2014 11:10 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

oasispirate Offline
1st String

I Root For: East Carolina
RE: To the People of Foreman Field (and ODU fans Alike)
Game was fun to watch tonight. ODU has an outstanding atmosphere especially when you consider their quick rise in FBS. That said, Middle TN was more physical all night long and dominated the trenches. I do wonder what ODU will be like post Heineke.
09-26-2014 11:15 PM
ThreeifbyLightning Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Univ of Middle Tennessee
(09-26-2014 11:15 PM)oasispirate Wrote:  Game was fun to watch tonight. ODU has an outstanding atmosphere especially when you consider their quick rise in FBS. That said, Middle TN was more physical all night long and dominated the trenches. I do wonder what ODU will be like post Heineke.

An adjustment, but they'll be ok. When they start getting some of those big ole boys from the Va Beach area to stay home and build up that D-line they'll be ready to compete.
(This post was last modified: 09-26-2014 11:19 PM by ThreeifbyLightning.)
09-26-2014 11:18 PM
Fatalisk Offline
All American

I Root For: Old Dominion
(09-26-2014 11:15 PM)oasispirate Wrote:  Game was fun to watch tonight. ODU has an outstanding atmosphere especially when you consider their quick rise in FBS. That said, Middle TN was more physical all night long and dominated the trenches. I do wonder what ODU will be like post Heineke.

Wilder said the QB we have redshirting this year is better than Heinicke was his freshman year.

QB isn't the position I'm worried about.
09-26-2014 11:18 PM
Monarch_Pride Offline
Baze! Baze! Baze! Baze!

Eh, we really lost that game from turnovers in the 1st quarter.
09-26-2014 11:37 PM
keebler645 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Marshall
MT certainly dominated the lines, but ODU might have won that game if not for a series of bad breaks in the first half.
09-26-2014 11:38 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

oasispirate Offline
1st String

I Root For: East Carolina
(09-26-2014 11:18 PM)ThreeifbyLightning Wrote:  

An adjustment, but they'll be ok. When they start getting some of those big ole boys from the Va Beach area to stay home and build up that D-line they'll be ready to compete.

(09-26-2014 11:38 PM)keebler645 Wrote:  MT certainly dominated the lines, but ODU might have won that game if not for a series of bad breaks in the first half.

Middle TN turned it over at least twice in the redzone. Middle TN looked like the better team all night long. The only thing that kept ODU scary, is they have a real difference maker at QB.
09-26-2014 11:42 PM
benny_t Offline
All American

I Root For: ODU
The defense played great the first half but were too worn out because MT dominated time of possession. The offense played like crap the first half. By the time they hot the O working the D was tired and it was too little too late.

Posted from my mobile device using the CSNbbs App
09-27-2014 12:12 AM
Cyniclone Offline
Hall of Famer

It never felt like ODU had a chance. Even when they got it to two possessions, it always seemed as though you were waiting for the other shoe to drop. Grammar was some hot s**t tonight. Had Heinicke not been so rattled early, it might have been a better game, but Middle Tennessee was a step above in pretty much every facet of the game. Fair play to you, Blue Raiders.
09-27-2014 12:32 AM
benny_t Offline
All American

Our depleted O line is now even weaker. Their d line manhandled us and lived in the backfield all game.

Posted from my mobile device using the CSNbbs App
09-27-2014 12:37 AM
Mgt2j Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Middle Tennesse
The Stadium looked great on television. The endzone complex looked especially nice. Good Luck ODU the rest of the way.
09-27-2014 12:41 AM
Advertisement

Cnelson203 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Marshall; WVU
I thoroughly enjoyed the game, and I was very impressed with the crowd and their involvement in the game. I have to agree that MTSU was the bigger, stronger, more consistent team last night. Grammar was played a top notch game, in all respects. Heinecke had his moments, but often was under pressure from the Blue Raider D Line, and the down field coverage didn't allow him much. Turnover "voodoo" was about even. Yes, there were early turnovers by the Monarchs, but MTSU also lost two in the red zone they shouldn't have, which would have made the game a rout, in all respects.

Both teams played physical, tough football, but MTSU just had the better horses, overall. Welcome to the Conference, ODU. I agree with the poster who said that you are building right, into FBS. That's a hallmark of some of our newer teams, like you and UTSA.
09-27-2014 06:06 AM
ECU-DMB Fanatic Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ECU
(09-26-2014 11:38 PM)keebler645 Wrote:  MT certainly dominated the lines, but ODU might have won that game if not for a series of bad breaks in the first half.

Whatever…MTSU dominated that game in the trenches from start to finish. Bad breaks??? Good plays by MTSU! Hell MTSU should have scored 2 two touchdowns early, so that was a break for ODU. The ODU QB was running for his life all night.

That QB for MTSU is going to be a good one, really enjoyed watching him play.
09-27-2014 07:34 AM
ODU AGGIE Offline
Heisman

(09-26-2014 11:10 PM)ThreeifbyLightning Wrote:  Welcome to your first true experience of seeing big boy football! One thing you'll learn real fast is you can't put all the good players on one side of the ball and win at this level. You have to recruit enough good players to put some on the other side of the ball too. And oh by that way that's hard to do.

In all seriousness, I have to admit that I am completely envious with everything you guys have going for you there and I'm very impressed with the way you guys are going about things.

If there is a model for how to start up a program the right way it's at ODU. I'm very excited to be in a conference with you guys even if you're going to be a thorn in the side of everyone else in the east for years to come.

Much respect.

Thanks, TBL. I have to admit that I am hoarse to the point of no voice this morning, but we "12th Monarchs" couldn't quite make up the difference on the field. That's the best team I have seen at Foreman Field at S. B. Ballard Stadium in our 5 1/2 short years. The respect goes both ways.
09-27-2014 09:31 AM
Franko Offline
1st String

I Root For: WKU
(09-26-2014 11:42 PM)oasispirate Wrote:  
(09-26-2014 11:18 PM)ThreeifbyLightning Wrote:  

Middle TN turned it over at least twice in the redzone. Middle TN looked like the better team all night long. The only thing that kept ODU scary, is they have a real difference maker at QB.
Exactly.
Awesome crowd, there were too many SBC venues that looked like a spring game with virtually no one there.
These league sure has some good QB's that don't get a whole lot of praise just because they aren't on a P5 team. 03-shhhh
09-27-2014 09:44 AM
bit_9 Offline

My voice is shot. Our group single handedly hyped our entire section. I've sat by all season while they have been pretty quiet but couldn't let it happen at a Friday night game on national television.
09-27-2014 10:49 AM
Advertisement

bit_9 Offline

Such a fun game last night even with the loss. Wife says she had as much fun if not more as the New Hampshire game.
09-27-2014 10:50 AM
BlueRaider0x0 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Middle Tenn.
I for one am jealous of the ODU atmosphere. They have a rabid fanbase for only having an active team for what, 5 years? Very impressed with that and your team.
09-27-2014 11:08 AM
olliebaba Offline
Legend

I Root For: Christ
Even though your stadium is small for fbs it looked good on tv. The crowd was in it for the best part of the game. I saw a lot of empty seats later on, I don't know why, it was still a close game.

With so many fans you guys need to expand your stadium. That's all.
09-27-2014 11:10 AM
MonarchGirl08 Offline
Water Engineer

Thought this was a pretty cool video of the card stunt from last night
http://youtu.be/elp4YQMV3rY
09-27-2014 11:19 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.