Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

App State football coach Scott Satterfield given Contract Change
Bookmark and Share
GoApps70 Offline

I Root For: Appalachian St.
App State football coach Scott Satterfield given Contract Change
App State football coach Scott Satterfield given Contract Extension
....pretty much shocks most of App Nation after egg laid last night.

http://www.wataugademocrat.com/sports/ap...1fbd0.html
(This post was last modified: 09-29-2014 10:26 AM by GoApps70.)
09-26-2014 06:48 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

GSUhooligan Offline
2nd String

I Root For: GA Southern
RE: App State football coach Scott Satterfield given Contract Extention
I approve
09-26-2014 07:01 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
EigenEagle Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Ga Southern
What other choice at this point does App have?

If it's true that Moore left a big mess on the OL to be cleaned up then showing him he door at this point would be crazy.
09-26-2014 07:05 PM
GoApps70 Offline

Doesn't surprise me. I actually like Coach Satterfield, but disagree with some of his decisions
and performances so far. Especially last night.
GoAppsGo92 Offline
1st String

I Root For: TheMountaineers
Then I may surprise you when I say this is not a bad thing at all.

This transition is not easy in a lot of ways. Satterfield inherited a divided team and worked in a divided athletic department , he dealt with numerous off the field issues last year, and has in motion a plan for our future that clearly the folks in charge signed off on.

He needs adequate time, and, more importantly, needs to know the university is backing him. I'm glad this has happened. We need to rally around Scott, this team and the whole athletic department right now, because there is turmoil.

He told us flat out that this year was going to look a lot like last year on the field, yet somehow many fans chose not to hear him.

I'm glad that AppState said: "We have your back."
(This post was last modified: 09-26-2014 07:08 PM by GoAppsGo92.)
GoApps70 Offline

(09-26-2014 07:05 PM)GoAppsGo92 Wrote:  Then I may surprise you when I say this is not a bad thing at all.

This transition is not easy in a lot of ways. Satterfield inherited a divided team and worked in a divided athletic department , he dealt with numerous off the field issues last year, and has in motion a plan for our future that clearly the folks in charge signed off on.

He needs adequate time, and, more importantly, needs to know the university is backing him. I'm glad this has happened. We need to rally around Scott, this team and the whole athletic department right now, because there is turmoil.

He told us flat out that this year was going to look a lot like last year on the field, yet somehow many fans chose not to hear him.

I'm glad that AppState said: "We have your back."

Oh, there are several good things about his contract extension. Recruiting for one. Will help him in that. Plus his salary needed to be raised since he was hired at the FCS type level. Additionally should stop a lot of talk about his being replaced.
09-26-2014 07:23 PM
Advertisement

GoAppsGo92 Offline
1st String

(09-26-2014 07:05 PM)EigenEagle Wrote:  What other choice at this point does App have?

If it's true that Moore left a big mess on the OL to be cleaned up then showing him he door at this point would be crazy.

I think AppState knew exactly what they handed over to coach Satterfield. Most fans and message board gripe queens have no idea. This was an important step, and it has been reviewed and implemented by people that actually manage people and know what is needed in times of change.
09-26-2014 07:24 PM
GSU Eagles Offline
Heisman

I Root For: GeorgiaSouthern
Usually good coaches can turn things around quickly. If App is not a solid team by the end of this year, I'd say Satterfield is a problem.
09-26-2014 07:31 PM
GoApps70 Offline

(09-26-2014 07:24 PM)GoAppsGo92 Wrote:  
(09-26-2014 07:05 PM)EigenEagle Wrote:  What other choice at this point does App have?

I think AppState knew exactly what they handed over to coach Satterfield. Most fans and message board gripe queens have no idea. This was an important step, and it has been reviewed and implemented by people that actually manage people and know what is needed in times of change.
And yet you could go to MMB and find tons of those not satisfied.
09-26-2014 07:36 PM
gsu2583 Offline
Special Teams

App State football coach Scott Satterfield given Contract Extention
I doubt the contract was drawn up today. Takes a long time. This was most likely in the works long before the Southern game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
09-26-2014 07:42 PM
GoApps70 Offline

(09-26-2014 07:31 PM)GSU Eagles Wrote:  Usually good coaches can turn things around quickly. If App is not a solid team by the end of this year, I'd say Satterfield is a problem.

But yet probably has an extension. Not upset by his extension, yet bewildered in the BOT taking the pressure off so soon in the season. Especially with App not having a permanent AD right now. Would have thought they would want the new AD to be on board with something like that. Have faith that Satterfield will eventually build a great program that produces winning teams year after year, just a weird move.
(This post was last modified: 09-26-2014 11:05 PM by GoApps70.)
09-26-2014 08:01 PM
Advertisement

GoApps70 Offline

(09-26-2014 07:42 PM)gsu2583 Wrote:  I doubt the contract was drawn up today. Takes a long time. This was most likely in the works long before the Southern game.

But yet the vote was today.
09-26-2014 08:15 PM
gsu2583 Offline
Special Teams

App State football coach Scott Satterfield given Contract Extention
(09-26-2014 08:15 PM)GoApps70 Wrote:  
(09-26-2014 07:42 PM)gsu2583 Wrote:  I doubt the contract was drawn up today. Takes a long time. This was most likely in the works long before the Southern game.

But yet the vote was today.

If it was on the agenda which is better. Vote or table it? Which message is better?

Otherwise it's another 3 months before they meet. A lot can happen in the season in that amount if time.

(This post was last modified: 09-26-2014 09:22 PM by gsu2583.)
09-26-2014 09:21 PM
GoAppsGo92 Offline
1st String

(09-26-2014 07:36 PM)GoApps70 Wrote:  
(09-26-2014 07:24 PM)GoAppsGo92 Wrote:  

And yet you could go to MMB and find tons of those not satisfied.

Hence the use of the term "gripe queens". It's shameful quite frankly what is said on that board, most of those folks haven't a clue. What's embarrassing is what our own "fans" say about the coaches and players on MMB and AppFan. It's sad.
09-26-2014 09:39 PM
AtlantaMountaineer Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Appalachian St
The newspaper article just says he was given an extension. Where is the 4 year extension coming from? I only see a Texas State poster saying it is a four year extension. He has two years left on his current contract. I highly doubt he would be given an additional 4 years making 6 more years under contract.
09-26-2014 09:40 PM
T-Dog Offline
SunBeltbbs App State INsider

I Root For: App State
This was at the quarterly BoT meeting. This was happening no matter the result yesterday. He was just getting his new FBS contract that was guaranteed in his original deal in Dec 2012. The timing is very coincidental.
09-26-2014 11:01 PM
Advertisement

GoApps70 Offline

(09-26-2014 11:01 PM)T-Dog Wrote:  This was at the quarterly BoT meeting. This was happening no matter the result yesterday. He was just getting his new FBS contract that was guaranteed in his original deal in Dec 2012. The timing is very coincidental.

That makes a lot more sense if it were part of his original contract agreement.
09-26-2014 11:12 PM
Florida Red Wolf Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Arkansas State
(09-26-2014 07:05 PM)GoApps70 Wrote:  Doesn't surprise me. I actually like Coach Satterfield, but disagree with some of his decisions

T thought he really blew the fourth down call very early in the second half when he went for a fourth and four instead of kicking the field goal. App State had ole mo on their side and a field goal would have extended their scoring and got the team in good position with a lot of time left.
09-27-2014 04:15 AM
SBEagle Offline
1st String

Re: RE: App State football coach Scott Satterfield given Contract Extention
(09-27-2014 04:15 AM)Florida Red Wolf Wrote:  
(09-26-2014 07:05 PM)GoApps70 Wrote:  Doesn't surprise me. I actually like Coach Satterfield, but disagree with some of his decisions

T thought he really blew the fourth down call very early in the second half when he went for a fourth and four instead of kicking the field goal. App State had ole mo on their side and a field goal would have extended their scoring and got the team in good position with a lot of time left.

I agree, they were taking the crowd out of the game at that point.

Posted from my mobile device using the CSNbbs App
09-27-2014 06:40 AM
AppManDG Offline
Heisman

I Root For: App State
(09-27-2014 04:15 AM)Florida Red Wolf Wrote:  

With our kicking issues 03-banghead GSU would have probably blocked the kick and returned it for a TD. I liked the call. Show some confidence in your young QB and see how he handles it. If he makes the pitch we get the 1st down. He'll learn from it and make the right read down the road. That decision didn't cost us the game.
09-27-2014 07:08 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.