Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Middle Tennessee at Old Dominion - Friday (FS1)
Bookmark and Share
ThreeifbyLightning Online
Heisman

I Root For: Univ of Middle Tennessee
Middle Tennessee at Old Dominion - Friday (FS1)
Short week ahead. This game promises to be a very good game, possibly a shootout.

One thing I know is this. We have a great history and tradition of creating havoc in the backfield including sacks, tackles for loss, blowing up plays in the backfield, etc, but we have not even come close to remotely establishing that this year. And if we can't get pressure on Taylor it's going to be a long night.

I see this as the key to the game. If we can figure out a way to get our pass rush going and put heat on Taylor then we should win. If we can't then it's going to be tough for us to stop ODU's offense. We're going to score a lot, because I don't believe ODU's defense can handle our skill position particularly in the running game. This may be a carbon copy of the Rice game.
(This post was last modified: 09-21-2014 08:12 PM by ThreeifbyLightning.)
09-21-2014 08:10 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ODUMONARCHZ1 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Old Dominion
RE: Middle Tennessee at Old Dominion - Friday (FS1)
ODU's first friday night game on national television. SB Ballard Stadium is going to be live!!
09-21-2014 08:29 PM
Saint Greg Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Louisiana Tech
Awesome..something to watch on Friday. Thx for the heads up
09-21-2014 08:53 PM
winston70 Offline
All American

I Root For: La Tech
Should be a good game and unlike this past Friday I something to watch!
09-21-2014 09:05 PM
Ole Blue Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Good Guys
Thank goodness I am off work Fridays. Will be watching and wearing my BIG BLUE down here in Miami!
09-21-2014 10:18 PM
Cnelson203 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Marshall; WVU
This is a MUST WATCH game for C-USA. This battle could be epic.
09-22-2014 06:41 AM
Advertisement

ODUBB35 Offline
Heisman

It'll be interesting for sure. ODU is still a little green, and is flying high right now. Hopefully, they can get emotionally grounded enough to execute properly during this short week.

One thing is for sure. If ODU pulls this one out, the atmosphere for the Marshall game is going to be electric...
09-22-2014 07:47 AM
bit_9 Offline

I Root For: ODU
(09-22-2014 07:47 AM)ODUBB35 Wrote:  It'll be interesting for sure. ODU is still a little green, and is flying high right now. Hopefully, they can get emotionally grounded enough to execute properly during this short week.

One thing is for sure. If ODU pulls this one out, the atmosphere for the Marshall game is going to be electric...

+1. I'd personally still rather go into the MT game NOT being favored as vegas has us by 3. But if we win then going into the Marshall game is going to be way beyond electric. The top parking deck will even be going nuts.

Here's to a exciting game on national TV and both teams get through it healthy!! 04-cheers

edit: We still don't have the depth to compete for 4 full quarters, imo. First team to 40 wins!
(This post was last modified: 09-22-2014 07:56 AM by bit_9.)
09-22-2014 07:54 AM
Mr.BigBlue Offline
All American

Hey....we are the Big Blue not MTSU. Our Mascot is Big Blue. I guess the Battle of the Big Blue will be Friday night !!!
09-22-2014 08:06 AM
Blue_Trombone Online
Heisman

(09-22-2014 07:54 AM)Cr8n Wrote:  
(09-22-2014 07:47 AM)ODUBB35 Wrote:  It'll be interesting for sure. ODU is still a little green, and is flying high right now. Hopefully, they can get emotionally grounded enough to execute properly during this short week.

+1. I'd personally still rather go into the MT game NOT being favored as vegas has us by 3. But if we win then going into the Marshall game is going to be way beyond electric. The top parking deck will even be going nuts.

Here's to a exciting game on national TV and both teams get through it healthy!! 04-cheers

edit: We still don't have the depth to compete for 4 full quarters, imo. First team to 40 wins!

Looking at how many points Middle can score (i.e. WKU-MTSU), I'd say first to 50 wins.
09-22-2014 09:20 AM
TeKERaider Offline
1st String

I Root For: MTSU
That score was skewed by OT. We only scored 34 in regulation.
09-22-2014 10:47 AM
Advertisement

FTW ODU Offline
1st String

(09-22-2014 09:20 AM)Blue_Trombone Wrote:  

Looking at how many points Middle can score (i.e. WKU-MTSU), I'd say first to 50 wins.

A single turnover, by either team, will determine game IMO.
09-22-2014 10:47 AM
Maryland Monarch Offline
1st String

The key to any ODU win this year is making the other team play catch-up. As long as we're at least 7 pts. ahead (or tied with the ball in our possession) going into the 4th quarter, we have a chance for the win. Our defense wears down badly during the game, so if the other team takes the lead late in the game, we're toast.
09-22-2014 11:24 AM
UAreynolds2 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: UAB, GA Tech
This should be an exciting game to watch. Can't wait to see it.
09-22-2014 06:30 PM
The Flagship Online
All American

I will be interested to see what others think of how the stadium comes across on TV. The stadium is as unique as they come. It's in the realm of the way baseball stadiums are regarding a very different look. One thing for sure, the crowd will be alcohol loud. Which will help the watchability (new word).
09-22-2014 06:48 PM
sarkelcpa Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: GS, Ohio St.
I've seen both teams play this year and our experience with ODU in the playoffs in 2011 and 2012. I am very impressed at the architecture of ODU and its flow and function; a very well-oiled machine. I'm surprised at the fact their quarterback wasn't recruited by a P5 school. Congrats on your success so far this season. You've done well to buck the trend of rising teams from FCS.

MTSU, on the other hand, is a very potent machine as well. They fought a very tough game with WKU and I don't see them letting up on ODU because they're new.

All-in-all, this will be a very competitive game that will not disappoint the fans. I wish you both good luck and pray nobody becomes injured. I'll definitely be watching this game.
(This post was last modified: 09-23-2014 06:53 AM by sarkelcpa.)
09-23-2014 06:49 AM
Advertisement

AdoptedMonarch Offline
Heisman

Game time forecast: 68 degrees, 75% humidity, slight breeze, no precipitation.

Welcome to Norfolk, Empty Sue!
09-26-2014 06:32 AM
dahbeed Offline
Heisman

I Root For: wku toppahs!!!
(09-22-2014 09:20 AM)Blue_Trombone Wrote:  

middle scoring against western is pyrite. everyone has.....and will score on western.

a better guage would be that offensive onslaught middle dropped on memphis.

if odu scores 50 it'll be a long bus ride home for middle.
09-26-2014 06:53 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ODUR8R Offline
All American

(09-21-2014 08:10 PM)ThreeifbyLightning Wrote:  Short week ahead. This game promises to be a very good game, possibly a shootout.

One thing I know is this. We have a great history and tradition of creating havoc in the backfield including sacks, tackles for loss, blowing up plays in the backfield, etc, but we have not even come close to remotely establishing that this year. And if we can't get pressure on Taylor it's going to be a long night.

I see this as the key to the game. If we can figure out a way to get our pass rush going and put heat on Taylor then we should win. If we can't then it's going to be tough for us to stop ODU's offense. We're going to score a lot, because I don't believe ODU's defense can handle our skill position particularly in the running game. This may be a carbon copy of the Rice game.

The right side of our line is vulnerable. We are down two starters, starting a true freshman at right tackle and a backup at right guard
(This post was last modified: 09-26-2014 07:09 AM by ODUR8R.)
09-26-2014 07:09 AM
bit_9 Offline

Thankfully TH is right handed and that's not his blind side.
09-26-2014 07:21 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.