Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Hair on Fire
rabidTU2 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Tulsa Univ
Hair on Fire
One of the disappointments of the BB tenure as HFBC has been seeming the lack of emotion he brings. BB is a nice guy and he seems to be a competent FB coach who is aware of the difficulties of coaching at TU, but that doesn't mean he will get the job done, only that he "wants" to.

One of the things I've seen I don't like about BB is that he seems to expect the players to motivate themselves most of the time. Now some players can do that, especially a veteran who was self motivated to begin with, but that doesn't work with a lot of kids, especially young ones. And it can often become a liability with the older players when schemes, strategies and maneuvers don't work. So I ask this question: Is BB too nice, too mild mannered and too dependent on his scripted set of guidelines he falls back on and not emotional enough? I think that might be the case.

I've noticed that BB's teams seem to be fitting a mold. They seem to start games slow, begin the season very mistake prone and gain momentum toward the last 2/3's of the schedule, but in the layoffs of an open date or between seasons end and a bowl, they just don't look very sharp and are mistake prone.

I think this goes back to the preconceived idea that BB is "right" in the way he handles players and the team in general and won't alter what he's doing even if its unsuccessful.

What I wish he were was more like TG in the respect that Graham always expected his players to play harder than the other team - like their hair is on fire so to speak. But I don't think we'll ever see that out of Bill. So can a team at TU "self motivate" to that degree? I hope so.

I don't think Bob Stoops or that OSU coach who's "40" now would let their team walk off the field wo giving a maximum effort.

We don't need a coach who just calms the players down right now. We need a coach who lights a fire under them.

IMO
09-21-2014 11:06 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.