Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Game Day Is Going To Suck
Knightbengal Offline
All American

I Root For: UCF
It's already raining heavily and it's supposed to last all day and night. It's going to kill the tailgating and attendance. We had some big name recruits coming and it robs us of some much needed practice for the qb and wideouts. The one positive is there should be lots of running which will get the oline more reps.

Posted from my mobile device using the CSNbbs App
09-20-2014 07:33 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

PirateHeist Offline
All American

I Root For: East Carolina
RE: Game Day Is Going To Suck
(09-20-2014 07:33 AM)Knightbengal Wrote:  It's already raining heavily and it's supposed to last all day and night. It's going to kill the tailgating and attendance. We had some big name recruits coming and it robs us of some much needed practice for the qb and wideouts. The one positive is there should be lots of running which will get the oline more reps.

Some of the best games I have watched were in driving rain. Only the die hards show up and they make the most noise anyway. Stomp em' and get that W.
09-20-2014 08:00 AM
Knightbengal Offline
All American

(09-20-2014 08:00 AM)PirateHeist Wrote:  
(09-20-2014 07:33 AM)Knightbengal Wrote:  It's already raining heavily and it's supposed to last all day and night. It's going to kill the tailgating and attendance. We had some big name recruits coming and it robs us of some much needed practice for the qb and wideouts. The one positive is there should be lots of running which will get the oline more reps.

Some of the best games I have watched were in driving rain. Only the die hards show up and they make the most noise anyway. Stomp em' and get that W.

Oh we will. It just dampens the tailgating and a sellout would have impressed the recruits. Some are coming from as far away as Dallas for this one.

09-20-2014 08:02 AM
Wooglin157 Offline
1st String

I Root For: UCF Knights
Eh, we'll still have a good crowd. And this is UCF, people will also show up for the drinking even if it is raining.

Now, if it is high winds, lightning, etc., then that could be a problem. But from what I understand, the game is close to a sellout so I expect a good crowd regardless.
09-20-2014 08:02 AM
St. H. Gink Offline
All American

I Root For: CollegeFootball
Kill tailgating? This is UCF you're talking about. At 6am in a drizzle, this is what Memory Mall looked like.

[Image: X3CHIGi.jpg]

There's even more people there now. It's gonna take a lot more than rain to cut short a UCF party.
09-20-2014 08:20 AM
Advertisement

Knightbengal Offline
All American

(09-20-2014 08:02 AM)Wooglin157 Wrote:  Eh, we'll still have a good crowd. And this is UCF, people will also show up for the drinking even if it is raining.

Now, if it is high winds, lightning, etc., then that could be a problem. But from what I understand, the game is close to a sellout so I expect a good crowd regardless.

Supposed to be thunderstorms this afternoon

09-20-2014 08:22 AM
KnightLight Offline
Legend

True...but The Mall Tailgating area was already FULL at 9:10 AM this morning!

UCF Fans have waited almost 300 days (295) since their last home game so a little rain won't stop them from showing up!
09-20-2014 09:12 AM
Mike the Knight Offline
I Bleed Black & Gold

(09-20-2014 08:22 AM)Knightbengal Wrote:  
(09-20-2014 08:02 AM)Wooglin157 Wrote:  Eh, we'll still have a good crowd. And this is UCF, people will also show up for the drinking even if it is raining.

Supposed to be thunderstorms this afternoon

Weather is supposed to get progressively better as the day goes. Widespread rain this morning, turning to scattered by late morning/early afternoon and then to isolated by late afternoon/evening.

1st home game...can't wait to get out there!04-cheers
09-20-2014 09:47 AM
KnightsFan5912 Offline
Bench Warmer

It will still be a good crowd. Just means less freshmen, who are at their first game, puking.
09-20-2014 09:53 AM
Advertisement

MemphisTigerFreak Offline
Fear God, Not Man

I Root For: Memphis
Aren't Floridians used to rain? Ive been following the Tampa forecast since April since the wife and I may move there and I swear everyday had the thunderstorm icon all summer long!
09-20-2014 10:25 AM
Cubanbull Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
(09-20-2014 10:25 AM)MemphisTigerFreak Wrote:  Aren't Floridians used to rain? Ive been following the Tampa forecast since April since the wife and I may move there and I swear everyday had the thunderstorm icon all summer long!

Yes we get rain daily this part of year but it's usually gone in hour or so yesterday was torrential that stayed for hours that's not usual
09-20-2014 10:30 AM
Knightbengal Offline
All American

(09-20-2014 10:30 AM)Cubanbull Wrote:  
(09-20-2014 10:25 AM)MemphisTigerFreak Wrote:  Aren't Floridians used to rain? Ive been following the Tampa forecast since April since the wife and I may move there and I swear everyday had the thunderstorm icon all summer long!

Yes we get rain daily this part of year but it's usually gone in hour or so yesterday was torrential that stayed for hours that's not usual

This. It rains from 3 to 4 and then it clears

09-20-2014 12:28 PM
ArmoredUpKnight Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UCF Knights
O'Leary loves the rain. It's looking like a Stanback kinda day
09-20-2014 12:53 PM
Advertisement

eastside cat Offline
1st String

I Root For: UC
Sorry Perfect day in Cincinnati. SUV is packed and we are heading to PBS to party.
09-20-2014 01:31 PM
fsquid Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis, Queens (NC)

CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesMemphis Hall of Fame
(09-20-2014 08:20 AM)St. H. Gink Wrote:  Kill tailgating? This is UCF you're talking about. At 6am in a drizzle, this is what Memory Mall looked like.

There's even more people there now. It's gonna take a lot more than rain to cut short a UCF party.

Sunrise was 7:15 this morn
09-20-2014 02:30 PM
Knightbengal Offline
All American

Nice outside for now

09-20-2014 03:27 PM
Knightbengal Offline
All American

(09-20-2014 02:30 PM)fsquid Wrote:  
(09-20-2014 08:20 AM)St. H. Gink Wrote:  Kill tailgating? This is UCF you're talking about. At 6am in a drizzle, this is what Memory Mall looked like.

Weather.com says 709

09-20-2014 03:28 PM
fsquid Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis, Queens (NC)

CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesMemphis Hall of Fame
(09-20-2014 03:28 PM)Knightbengal Wrote:  
(09-20-2014 02:30 PM)fsquid Wrote:  

Weather.com says 709

My apologies
09-20-2014 03:31 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.