Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

UC Footballer Alex Thomas Arrested
Bookmark and Share
ThinkBigPine Offline
Dilly Dilly

I Root For: The Bearcats
UC Footballer Alex Thomas Arrested
Quote:Link

Cincinnati police are investigating after gunshots were fired after a party near the University of Cincinnati campus over the weekend, a police spokeswoman said.

Both UC police and city police responded to a report of shots fired in the 100 block of Lyon Street in University Heights at 2:36 a.m. Sunday, said Tiffaney Hardy.

UC football player Alex Thomas, 18, was arrested and charged with obstructing official business, a misdemeanor, after police say he tried to evade them by turning and running despite orders to stop.

The 6-foot-1 cornerback was apprehended a block away after a foot chase, police wrote in the arrest report.

He was booked into the Hamilton County jail at 3:52 a.m. Sunday and released by 6:36 a.m. after posting $250 bond.

His attorney filed a written plea of not guilty, and a pre-trial will be held Oct. 14 before Hamilton County Municipal Court Judge Dwane Mallory.

UC Football Coach Tommy Tuberville released this statement about the incident:

"We have high expectations for the conduct and behavior of every member of our football program at all times. Being a student-athlete at the University of Cincinnati is a privilege, not a right, and there are consequences for their actions. I'm disappointed and we are still gathering information surrounding the depth of involvement in the incident."

09-18-2014 08:29 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Coopdaddy67 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ice cream
RE: UC Footballer Alex Thomas Arrested
Well, he is coached to turn and run...

09-18-2014 08:35 AM
BearcatMan Offline
Kicking Connoisseur/Occasional Man Crush

I Root For: Cincinnati
If he's getting caught by cops, we might need to transition him to linebacker...too many WR's in this league who can beat entire SWAT divisions in the 100m.

09-18-2014 08:41 AM
Ragpicker Offline
All American

I Root For: Black & Gold
Donators
(09-18-2014 08:41 AM)BearcatMan Wrote:  If he's getting caught by cops, we might need to transition him to linebacker...too many WR's in this league who can beat entire SWAT divisions in the 100m.

Thank you for starting my day with a good laugh.03-lmfao

09-18-2014 08:45 AM
Bearcat Otto Offline
1st String

I Root For:
If there is something good come of this, it doesn't sound like he was the shooter. Sounds like the cops got there and he realized too late that he should not be there. He runs. Doing the smart thing but a little too late.

Maybe the smartest thing is to not be there at 2:30 AM at all. But it is college and **** happens.

09-18-2014 08:46 AM
BeerCat Offline
Terminally Chill

I Root For: Who's playin uk
(09-18-2014 08:46 AM)Bearcat Otto Wrote:  If there is something good come of this, it doesn't sound like he was the shooter. Sounds like the cops got there and he realized too late that he should not be there. He runs. Doing the smart thing but a little too late.

Maybe the smartest thing is to not be there at 2:30 AM at all. But it is college and **** happens.

Weird. I went to college and never was in a situation where someone was shooting a gun in a populated area at 2:30 in the morning.

09-18-2014 09:26 AM
Advertisement

CliftonAve Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Jimmy Nippert
(09-18-2014 09:26 AM)BeerCat Wrote:  
(09-18-2014 08:46 AM)Bearcat Otto Wrote:  If there is something good come of this, it doesn't sound like he was the shooter. Sounds like the cops got there and he realized too late that he should not be there. He runs. Doing the smart thing but a little too late.

Weird. I went to college and never was in a situation where someone was shooting a gun in a populated area at 2:30 in the morning.

Dude.... sure nobody shot a gun... but I am guessing there were occasions you were at a huge event at 2 am and somebody was doing something stupid if not criminal. If you are at a party and there are several hundred drunken people in attendance you can't control their actions. I was a relative choir boy but still showed up to events where there were underage drinking, illegal drug use, fights, vandilization and destructionof property, indecent exposure, public nudity and I am sure much worse (edit: I recall being at a keg party when the cops showed up and one of the guys there snuck off in the cop car) . Frankly this sort of stuff goes on every day at every university.

The only thing I could criticize Thomas for here is running from the authorities, but frankly it can be easily justified as poor decision making on his fault.

(This post was last modified: 09-18-2014 09:35 AM by CliftonAve.)
09-18-2014 09:33 AM
Racinejake Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UC
Toungue RE: UC Footballer Alex Thomas Arrested
(09-18-2014 09:33 AM)CliftonAve Wrote:  

Dude.... sure nobody shot a gun... but I am guessing there were occasions you were at a huge event at 2 am and somebody was doing something stupid if not criminal. If you are at a party and there are several hundred drunken people in attendance you can't control their actions. I was a relative choir boy but still showed up to events where there were underage drinking, illegal drug use, fights, vandilization and destructionof property, indecent exposure, public nudity and I am sure much worse (edit: I recall being at a keg party when the cops showed up and one of the guys there snuck off in the cop car) . Frankly this sort of stuff goes on every day at every university.

The only thing I could criticize Thomas for here is running from the authorities, but frankly it can be easily justified as poor decision making on his fault.

Right. Kid was at a late night party, underage, and probably didn't want coaches to find out. I totally get why he took off running. I had to bail out of a few parties in my day when cops showed up.

09-18-2014 09:52 AM
Coopdaddy67 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ice cream
(09-18-2014 09:26 AM)BeerCat Wrote:  Weird. I went to college and never was in a situation where someone was shooting a gun in a populated area at 2:30 in the morning.

What about a musket?

09-18-2014 09:58 AM
ThinkBigPine Offline
Dilly Dilly

I Root For: The Bearcats
(09-18-2014 09:52 AM)Racinejake Wrote:  
(09-18-2014 09:33 AM)CliftonAve Wrote:  

Right. Kid was at a late night party, underage, and probably didn't want coaches to find out. I totally get why he took off running. I had to bail out of a few parties in my day when cops showed up.

Oh yeah, I've definitely been there. It was satisfying once I turned 21 to not have to throw the beer down and run when cops came to break everything up.

09-18-2014 10:44 AM
SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC
Next time find smaller parties.

09-18-2014 10:45 AM
Advertisement

bearcatmark Online

I Root For: the Deliverator
Exactly. I've had a ton of friends in my life run from the cops. I didn't really drink until I was 21 so I never did, but I'm in the vast minority when it comes to that. Hell, I've helped gather friends who had run from the Cops and were hiding one night when a big party I was at got busted. I remember the cops walking into the house and saying "so there are 30 some cars and 6 people here..." It happens. He's a kid. If we find out something worse maybe judge, but if it's simply a matter of running from the cops when he realized he shouldn't have been there...so be it.

09-18-2014 11:20 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
eroc Online
Heisman

I Root For: UC, Liverpool
Quote:Tom Groeschen ‏@TomGroeschen 7m
JUST IN: Top #Bearcats RB Hosey Williams also cited for disorderly conduct while intoxicated. http://cin.ci/1DlB8X3 #UC

Apparently he was at the same party. The original story is updated with info regarding Hosey.

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/cri.../15806811/

09-18-2014 11:30 AM
DMT Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Cincinnati
(09-18-2014 11:30 AM)eroc Wrote:  
Quote:Tom Groeschen ‏@TomGroeschen 7m
JUST IN: Top #Bearcats RB Hosey Williams also cited for disorderly conduct while intoxicated. http://cin.ci/1DlB8X3 #UC

Apparently he was at the same party. The original story is updated with info regarding Hosey.

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/cri.../15806811/

09-18-2014 11:36 AM
Cali_Cat Offline
Banned

I Root For: UC fans to stop
Quote:Tom Groeschen @TomGroeschen · 4h
Police investigating gunfire at party near #UC, #Bearcats football player was arrested.

Talk about fishing for clicks!!!!!!

09-18-2014 11:42 AM
Dannyboy Offline
All American

I Root For: Bearcats
Minor stupidity. In the grand scheme of things, not a big deal.

09-18-2014 01:14 PM
Advertisement

Flying Bearcat Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Who I wnt 2 win
I wonder if Williams will play Saturday...

09-18-2014 01:22 PM
coachpipe Offline
1st String

(This post was last modified: 09-18-2014 01:24 PM by coachpipe.)
09-18-2014 01:22 PM
coachpipe Offline
1st String

It sounds Like Williams just didnt answer questions

09-18-2014 01:23 PM
Cali_Cat Offline
Banned

I Root For: UC fans to stop
This will be the lead story on every local news show tonight. They will mention the shooting and UC players in the same sentence too.

09-18-2014 01:41 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.