Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Confirmed. Lee has a bad knee.
Bookmark and Share
JMU2004 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: DUKES
That explains the brace, and the decline in speed from the Spring to the season.

Let's hope he is on the mend.

"Lee has been nursing an undisclosed left knee ailment. He insisted Tuesday that the knee has felt fine all season, although the bulky brace he wore on his left leg seemed to restrict some of his mobility in the first two games. He ditched the brace against SFU and had a big day running against the Red Flash, who have about 40 fewer scholarships than the Dukes."
(This post was last modified: 09-18-2014 07:54 AM by JMU2004.)
09-18-2014 07:52 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Hart Foundation Offline
Heisman

I Root For: James Madison
Re: Confirmed. Lee has a bad knee.
It will be interesting to see what comes out after the season.
Lee played the entire Maryland game even after it was a blowout.

There is a difference between being hurt and being injured.
09-18-2014 08:26 AM
Hart Foundation Offline
Heisman

Re: Confirmed. Lee has a bad knee.
If there was risk, Withers would have pulled him out of the game pretty early.
09-18-2014 08:35 AM
BleedingPurple Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: JMU
RE: Confirmed. Lee has a bad knee.
(09-18-2014 07:52 AM)JMU2004 Wrote:  That explains the brace, and the decline in speed from the Spring to the season.

Let's hope he is on the mend.

"Lee has been nursing an undisclosed left knee ailment. He insisted Tuesday that the knee has felt fine all season, although the bulky brace he wore on his left leg seemed to restrict some of his mobility in the first two games. He ditched the brace against SFU and had a big day running against the Red Flash, who have about 40 fewer scholarships than the Dukes."

I could have been just fine with you pointing out this fact. Like shooting a bear with a 22 short. Actually, I do hope they have a great season, they have given us a couple of good fights over the past three years. They are a well coached team with heart.

A year or so back it was posted that our contract with SFU was a 3 for 1 deal. I'm not sure how that information was uncovered, never-the-less, we now have played them three years in a row and I don't see them scheduled for any further events. Have we bought out the game that was supposed to be played in PA?
09-18-2014 08:37 AM
jmu-fan-1981 Offline
1st String

Where is your source and why would you put this out there to fuel opposing teams?
09-18-2014 11:47 AM
JMU2004 Offline
Heisman

(09-18-2014 11:47 AM)jmu-fan-1981 Wrote:  Where is your source and why would you put this out there to fuel opposing teams?

Well, it was in the DNR article by Matt Jones.
09-18-2014 12:12 PM
Advertisement

jmu-fan-1981 Offline
1st String

(09-18-2014 12:12 PM)JMU2004 Wrote:  
(09-18-2014 11:47 AM)jmu-fan-1981 Wrote:  Where is your source and why would you put this out there to fuel opposing teams?

Well, it was in the DNR article by Matt Jones.

Ah ok- well that's a shame that he hurt it at some point and hope we aren't risking it too much without the brace - would hate a RG 3 situation at JMU
09-18-2014 12:16 PM
formerjmusprinter84 Offline
1st String

Guess my original assumption was correct. A skill position player doesn't wear something like that unless there is an injury.
09-18-2014 01:45 PM
Dukes84 Offline
All American

Not to be a jerk, but I think the title of this thread is a bit misleading. He ran for close to 200 yards last weekend without a brace on, didn't he? That tells you all you need to know about the health of his legs. Is he as fast as he was on the spring? I have no idea, but he's obviously plenty fast enough to get it done on Saturdays in the fall.
09-18-2014 02:05 PM
@_VL2 Offline
Water Engineer

(09-18-2014 02:05 PM)Dukes84 Wrote:  Not to be a jerk, but I think the title of this thread is a bit misleading. He ran for close to 200 yards last weekend without a brace on, didn't he? That tells you all you need to know about the health of his legs. Is he as fast as he was on the spring? I have no idea, but he's obviously plenty fast enough to get it done on Saturdays in the fall.

Full Throttle. Holding nothing back for the CAA. I don't have a broken hand.
09-18-2014 02:44 PM
JMU2004 Offline
Heisman

(09-18-2014 02:05 PM)Dukes84 Wrote:  Not to be a jerk, but I think the title of this thread is a bit misleading. He ran for close to 200 yards last weekend without a brace on, didn't he? That tells you all you need to know about the health of his legs. Is he as fast as he was on the spring? I have no idea, but he's obviously plenty fast enough to get it done on Saturdays in the fall.

It has been speculated about ever since UMD. I hope he is healthy now, but there was certainly an element of his game missing while he wore that brace.
09-18-2014 02:46 PM
Advertisement

BleedingPurple Offline
Hall of Famer

(09-18-2014 02:46 PM)JMU2004 Wrote:  

It has been speculated about ever since UMD. I hope he is healthy now, but there was certainly an element of his game missing while he wore that brace.

If he will just stop that stutter step thing he does every time he runs, which has yet to work for him. He's got the speed.
09-18-2014 03:16 PM
PurpleStreamers Offline
1st String

I Root For: Dukes
(09-18-2014 03:16 PM)BleedingPurple Wrote:  

If he will just stop that stutter step thing he does every time he runs, which has yet to work for him. He's got the speed.

I think the same thing, but I wonder if he's not just beginning to adjust downwards to his competition. After two years in the ACC against FSU and Clemson and starting the year against Maryland, it certainly looked like the lightbulb was starting to go off last week (granted it was StFU) that "whoa, at this level, I'm back closer to my old HS self where I can be more dominant." Hard to simulate that in practice or even a Spring Game.
09-18-2014 03:38 PM
BDKJMU Offline
Heisman

(09-18-2014 07:52 AM)JMU2004 Wrote:  He ditched the brace against SFU and had a big day running against the Red Flash, who have about 40 fewer scholarships than the Dukes."

The NEC has been at 40 full schollies since last season:

2012 article:
".....The NEC will go to a limit of 38 football scholarships next season and then to a cap of 40 in 2013. The NEC permits member schools to give aid beyond that limit, but only if it’s non-athletic financial aid....."
http://blog.timesunion.com/sports/ualban...hings/175/
09-19-2014 12:09 AM
johnjmu98 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: jmu
What a great idea it was to run off Mike Birdsong... Call me in three years when this "Juice" train wreck is over. Maybe by then Alger will be gone as well. However, that is a lot of contract buyout $. Until then, 1duped says most of you can kiss his behind.
09-19-2014 02:00 AM
ShadyP Offline
Heisman

(09-19-2014 02:00 AM)johnjmu98 Wrote:  What a great idea it was to run off Mike Birdsong... Call me in three years when this "Juice" train wreck is over. Maybe by then Alger will be gone as well. However, that is a lot of contract buyout $. Until then, 1duped says most of you can kiss his behind.

No, I just think it shows how short-sighted Birdsong is/was. One injury away from being back on the field ---- oh well enjoy holding your clipboard.
09-19-2014 11:11 AM
Advertisement

DoubleDDuke Offline
Heisman

(09-18-2014 03:16 PM)BleedingPurple Wrote:  

That's the ole' Thorpe special move right there. Works on Playstation.
09-19-2014 11:31 AM
JMad03 Offline
Heisman

(09-19-2014 02:00 AM)johnjmu98 Wrote:  What a great idea it was to run off Mike Birdsong... Call me in three years when this "Juice" train wreck is over. Maybe by then Alger will be gone as well. However, that is a lot of contract buyout $. Until then, 1duped says most of you can kiss his behind.

Wrong. Birdsong left when he was given some competition for his spot. Any coach could have scared MB away if they brought in another guy to compete for the starting spot.. even your boy Flip.
Conversely, can we call you in three years if Withers takes this train wreck to the National Championship?

If Withers wanted to run off Birdsong, he would have done what Alex Wood did... change his QB into a WR.

As for me, I'm not going to get on my soapbox... instead I'm going to give this staff some time, which they deserve as ANY coaching staff should be allowed to have.
(This post was last modified: 09-19-2014 12:02 PM by JMad03.)
09-19-2014 11:59 AM
Hotrod829 Offline
All American

(09-19-2014 11:11 AM)ShadyP Wrote:  

No, I just think it shows how short-sighted Birdsong is/was. One injury away from being back on the field ---- oh well enjoy holding your clipboard.

No one wants to wait for an injury. You do that as a freshman and sophmpre when your going into your junior year playingtime is essential.
09-19-2014 12:30 PM
BleedingPurple Offline
Hall of Famer

(09-19-2014 12:30 PM)Hotrod829 Wrote:  
(09-19-2014 11:11 AM)ShadyP Wrote:  

No one wants to wait for an injury. You do that as a freshman and sophmpre when your going into your junior year playingtime is essential.

Is that not what he is doing now, waiting on an injury? Maybe he has redshirted, does anyone know? Even so, that could be pulled with an injury.
09-19-2014 01:29 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.