WMU Broncos

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

ESPN Bowl Predictions -- WMU vs Middle Tennessee?!
toddjnsn Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU, MAC
ESPN Bowl Predictions -- WMU vs Middle Tennessee?!
I will say it right now... I will go to that game and hit on every overweight woman I see until one encapsulates me like Piggy does Kermit -- if we somehow make that bowl (or any bowl!).

Boca Raton Bowl (C-USA vs. MAC): Middle Tennessee vs. Western Michigan

No, this is not from 2013. This is Week 4 Bowl Predictions on ESPN, of 2014:

http://espn.go.com/college-football/bowl...s/_/week/4
09-15-2014 11:40 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

DesertBronco Offline
Banned

I Root For: 9 wins ASAP!!
RE: ESPN Bowl Predictions -- WMU vs Middle Tennessee?!
If that happens, Fleck will surely be hired away, get his big payday sooner rather than later. 03-2thumbsup
(This post was last modified: 09-15-2014 11:53 PM by DesertBronco.)
09-15-2014 11:52 PM
ColinApocalypse Offline

I Root For: WMU
Wow, that would really be something. It's not out of the realm of possibility with the way our offense has been performing. Not to mention how terrible the rest of the MAC has looked.
(This post was last modified: 09-16-2014 12:17 AM by ColinApocalypse.)
09-16-2014 12:17 AM
Advertisement

DesertBronco Offline
Banned

I Root For: 9 wins ASAP!!
^
Very true. I said at the beginning of the year that with the four gimmie games and maybe steal a couple of more, six was possible. Seven maybe if you throw CMU in the mix. If our D shores up, a bowl might be in the cards.
09-16-2014 12:21 AM
goldsworth Offline
1st String

(09-16-2014 12:21 AM)DesertBronco Wrote:  ^
Very true. I said at the beginning of the year that with the four gimmie games and maybe steal a couple of more, six was possible. Seven maybe if you throw CMU in the mix. If our D shores up, a bowl might be in the cards.

That would be beyond all expectations for this year....I suppose with steady improvement each week and confidence growing it could happen.....but need to see lots more before I can jump on that wagon.
(This post was last modified: 09-16-2014 06:48 AM by goldsworth.)
09-16-2014 06:47 AM
Advertisement

Chibronco Offline
2nd String

I Root For:
http://sportsunbiased.com/ncaa/college-f...-rankings/

We also made a non-P5 top 25 list. Others apparently think a lot more of us then we do.
(This post was last modified: 09-16-2014 06:49 AM by Chibronco.)
09-16-2014 06:49 AM
Hoekjeness Offline
Heisman

I never thought I'd say this but after watching 3 weeks of college football, I do think it's possible we win 6 games this year and become bowl eligible. I didn't expect the rest of the MAC to appear this weak. All of a sudden, our games against Ball St., Ohio, and CMU all seem a lot more winnable than they did several weeks ago.

Let's beat Murray State first, though.
09-16-2014 07:33 AM
Advertisement

Broncobelt Offline
All American

(09-16-2014 06:49 AM)Chibronco Wrote:  http://sportsunbiased.com/ncaa/college-f...-rankings/

We also made a non-P5 top 25 list. Others apparently think a lot more of us then we do.

Take that one with a grain of salt. The writer thinks East Carolina is a MAC team.
09-16-2014 09:36 AM
Cant make this sh t up Offline
2nd String

(09-15-2014 11:52 PM)DesertBronco Wrote:  If that happens, Fleck will surely be hired away, get his big payday sooner rather than later. 03-2thumbsup

Shoot, last several weeks we were talking about "buy outs" of Flecks contract if he goes 1-11 again in year two. Now we are talking being "hired away"... I know that some of you would love to see this happen. Win and get rid of Fleck in year 2. What roller coaster we are on.

Don't think if we go to a bowl game this year Fleck will leave. Just don't see it. He might leave after year 3 or 4 for that reason but not year 2. He has the 2014 and 2015 classes, in his opinion, to win MAC Championships and think he is out to prove he can do exactly that.
09-16-2014 11:32 AM
Advertisement

Cant make this sh t up Offline
2nd String

(09-16-2014 07:33 AM)Hoekjeness Wrote:  I never thought I'd say this but after watching 3 weeks of college football, I do think it's possible we win 6 games this year and become bowl eligible. I didn't expect the rest of the MAC to appear this weak. All of a sudden, our games against Ball St., Ohio, and CMU all seem a lot more winnable than they did several weeks ago.

Let's beat Murray State first, though.

ditto on your statements! "My how things have changed". BSU cant score offensively, Ohio is very beatable, and CMU...seem to loose someone important every week... That is why we play the games fellas!
GO Broncos!!!
09-16-2014 11:38 AM
toddjnsn Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU, MAC
Quote:I never thought I'd say this but after watching 3 weeks of college football, I do think it's possible we win 6 games this year and become bowl eligible.

Could happen, but it depends on our injuries and how well we mature as the season goes on. This isn't Cubit's umpteenth year, so our team is growing -- how well & fast we do, I think affects our chances of that.

- We have a great running game, but I'm not sold on Terrell's confidence as a passer. He can step up on a drive, but he can also step down. That's enough to kill a drive with a good running game.

- Our Pass D is not good. Our Run D is pretty decent and improved. I have qualms about our D, which I believe can cost us games.

- Our special teams Needs Improvement. This can also cost us close games, of course.

With that said though, shoring up the issues can make the difference between 3-9 and 7-5. Most likely neither of those, but more like between 4-8 and 6-6 -- depending on how much solidity settles in.

VaTech won't happen. They are vulnerable, but it's at VaTech and they want to show the win against OSU wasn't a fluke, but the loss to a mid-major ECU was. We may fight good for a half.
NIU is NIU. It as at home, but not going to happen. The best we can wish for is the cold being a factor to make it look respectable.
Bowling Green seems locked & loaded. Our D won't be able to stop their fast-pace. Our O will score some points and maybe keep it reasonable close? It's @BGSU -- no win.
Toledo's D is vulnerable -- but their O? They'll pass on us all day, and it's not like they can't run the ball. They're going to want to take angst out on us and are BCS-team-battle tested up until this.
CMU is sporadic as usual. It's at CMU, though. I wouldn't count on this one at all, unless CMU is slowly falling apart as the season goes on -- then we'd have a shot.

BSU seems to have no O. Any low scoring game gives us a chance, but their D is good. If Indiana State can beat them, so can we -- but BSU is going to get better as the season rolls on.
Ohio may improve, but, it's Ohio, and it's at home. We have a decent shot at this one.

Miami-OH sucks, but they're getting themselves straightened out. They have a good new coach, and it's tougher to win @Miami -- but we should pull it out in a battle.
EMU isn't any good, but when they play us or CMU, they step up, and with their new coach, I can only assume they'll be a bit better later in the season. It's at home. We Should win.
Murray State -- no way we lose again to a D1AA on home opener. We'll beat the crap out of them.
09-16-2014 11:48 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.