Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

ACC To Comment on Botched Call from the GS/GT Game
Bookmark and Share
TheEagleWay Offline
POWER OVERWHELMING

I Root For: TheNatCapital
ACC To Comment on Botched Call from the GS/GT Game
Our AD wanted to get this out: the ACC is soon to release a morning statement that the ruling made by the video review was in fact, wrong.

I also have a separate source from SB Nation that is confirming the same thing and says the story has "legs".

The initial ruling on the field was an incomplete pass. ACC reviewed the tape and said it was a lateral, thus giving Georgia Tech the ball. We were on the GT 26 driving with 3ish minutes left and up by 3.

[Image: hOkBDnQ.png]

UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE:

TK Just sent this out...

"I received a call tonight from Commissioner Benson informing me that ACC reviewed the call more throughout the day using better equipment than early in the day. They now agree the call was correct........... Thanks TK please put this out to #eaglenation"[/size]

Just putting out what our AD sent out today. Don't shoot the messenger.
(This post was last modified: 09-15-2014 08:38 PM by TheEagleWay.)
09-15-2014 07:50 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Georgia_Power_Company Offline
All American

I Root For: GA Southern
Re: RE: ACC To Comment on Botched Call from the GS/GT Game
(09-15-2014 07:50 PM)TheEagleWay Wrote:  Our AD wanted to get this out: the ACC is soon to release a statement that the ruling made by the video review was in fact, wrong.

I also have a separate source from SB Nation that is confirming the same thing and says the story has "legs".

Glad if they admit an error but the L will still stand. Time to move on and make some noise in conference play. GATA Eagles!

Posted from my mobile device using the CSNbbs App
09-15-2014 07:55 PM
appfan89 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: App State

Donators
RE: ACC To Comment on Botched Call from the GS/GT Game
(09-15-2014 07:50 PM)TheEagleWay Wrote:  Our AD wanted to get this out: the ACC is soon to release a statement that the ruling made by the video review was in fact, wrong.

I missed the game, what exactly was the call? Is there a video of it somewhere?
09-15-2014 08:03 PM
eaglemachine Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Ga Southern
(09-15-2014 08:03 PM)appfan89 Wrote:  

I missed the game, what exactly was the call? Is there a video of it somewhere?

http://www.foxsports.com/video?vid=328934979686
(This post was last modified: 09-15-2014 08:05 PM by eaglemachine.)
09-15-2014 08:04 PM
bladhmadh Offline
All American

I Root For: UAB
years ago uab lost a conference game against the same opponent two years in a row over a bad call. the conference said they screwed up and one ref never officiated another cusa game as a result. didn't change the outcome
09-15-2014 08:09 PM
GSU Eagles Offline
Heisman

I Root For: GeorgiaSouthern
Lol. ACC just said the terrible reversal was the correct call.

http://m.ajc.com/news/sports/college/acc...ule/nhNLg/
09-15-2014 08:17 PM
Advertisement

TheEagleWay Offline
POWER OVERWHELMING

I Root For: TheNatCapital
(09-15-2014 08:17 PM)GSU Eagles Wrote:  Lol. ACC just said the terrible reversal was the correct call.

http://m.ajc.com/news/sports/college/acc...ule/nhNLg/

TK Just sent this out...

"I received a call tonight from Commissioner Benson informing me that ACC reviewed the call more throughout the day using better equipment than early in the day. They now agree the call was correct........... Thanks TK please put this out to #eaglenation"
(This post was last modified: 09-15-2014 08:26 PM by TheEagleWay.)
09-15-2014 08:25 PM
RamblinRedWolf44 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Arkansas StAte
in 2007, stAte was battling the longhorns down in Austin and after scoring a late TD, the 'Indians' were down by 8, 21-13. Arkansas State went for the onside kick and actually recovered but the Big 12 refs threw a flag saying their were too many men on the field and gave the ball to Texas who ran out the clock.

Later, the big 12 conference openly admitted the refs had made the wrong call and the possession should have belonged to ASU.
09-15-2014 08:25 PM
Higher Education Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Legality
According to some posters, Georgia Southern has never once lost a game. There have been some where officials cheated and let the other team have more points, but Georgia Southern never actually lost.
09-15-2014 08:36 PM
WinstonTheWolf Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Arkansas State
GS got jobbed - just like we all have on the road at P5. It was clear as day.

What did I just type? Clear as Day? I have no idea what that means.

The road job was obvious. Gotta beat them by 2 scores, always have!
(This post was last modified: 09-15-2014 08:41 PM by WinstonTheWolf.)
09-15-2014 08:39 PM
GaSoEagle Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Ga Southern
Time to let it go Eagle fans. We lost and it isn't going to change. Time to start Sun Belt games now with USA Saturday night. I am very anxious about this game. USA is a good team and I think it will be a tough fight.
09-15-2014 08:40 PM
Advertisement

GSU Eagles Offline
Heisman

I Root For: GeorgiaSouthern
(09-15-2014 08:36 PM)Higher Education Wrote:  According to some posters, Georgia Southern has never once lost a game. There have been some where officials cheated and let the other team have more points, but Georgia Southern never actually lost.

We have lost games, but are top 5 in winning % of teams currently in FBS.
09-15-2014 08:47 PM
CajunFanatico Offline
QDEP

I Root For: Cajuns
So far you guys are the heart-attack kids. I was listening to that comeback on the radio and couldn't believe that you'd lose another last minute game on the road against a cartel member. Yeah, wins would have been wonderful but you've still represented yourselves and the conference well in my opinion.
09-15-2014 09:26 PM
sarkelcpa Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: GS, Ohio St.
(09-15-2014 08:36 PM)Higher Education Wrote:  According to some posters, Georgia Southern has never once lost a game. There have been some where officials cheated and let the other team have more points, but Georgia Southern never actually lost.

Calling you a troll would be an insult to trolls.
09-15-2014 09:30 PM
arkstfan Away
Sorry folks

I Root For: Fresh Starts
(09-15-2014 08:25 PM)RamblinRedWolf44 Wrote:  in 2007, stAte was battling the longhorns down in Austin and after scoring a late TD, the 'Indians' were down by 8, 21-13. Arkansas State went for the onside kick and actually recovered but the Big 12 refs threw a flag saying their were too many men on the field and gave the ball to Texas who ran out the clock.

Later, the big 12 conference openly admitted the refs had made the wrong call and the possession should have belonged to ASU.

Actually the call was illegal procedure for having too many men on one side of the ball at the kick. Replay showed the guy in motion hadn't crossed at the time of the kick.
09-15-2014 09:34 PM
sarkelcpa Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: GS, Ohio St.
(09-15-2014 09:26 PM)CajunFanatico Wrote:  So far you guys are the heart-attack kids. I was listening to that comeback on the radio and couldn't believe that you'd lose another last minute game on the road against a cartel member. Yeah, wins would have been wonderful but you've still represented yourselves and the conference well in my opinion.

I was a fan of the Cleveland Browns before they moved to Baltimore. Back in the 1980 season, they were known as the Cardiac Kids because of all the close games, only to lose to Oakland by an interception in the endzone during the playoffs. It's a wonder I had any hair that season. This season with GS feels exactly the same way.
09-15-2014 09:37 PM
Advertisement

CajunFanatico Offline
QDEP

I Root For: Cajuns
Speaking of lousy officiating, a hundred years ago the Ragin' Cajun basketball team was in the NCAA playoffs facing Louisville. I believe it was a second round game. Get past them and we had unbeaten UCLA with John Walton at center and John Wooten (sp?) coaching.

Cajuns jumped out to a 32-16 lead over the Cardinals and then the refs took over. Bo Lamar said the guy defending him literally started grabbing his arm and held him every time we got a rebound and tried to fast break. The announcers were going crazy watching the game and most of the fans were as well. We were getting mugged.

After the game the NCAA banned the refs, I believe for life from officiating another game. Cajuns still lost in the record books and we never had that matchup with Walton and the Bruins.
09-15-2014 09:38 PM
Florida Red Wolf Offline
Bench Warmer

(09-15-2014 09:38 PM)CajunFanatico Wrote:  Speaking of lousy officiating, a hundred years ago the Ragin' Cajun basketball team was in the NCAA playoffs facing Louisville. I believe it was a second round game. Get past them and we had unbeaten UCLA with John Walton at center and John Wooten (sp?) coaching.

Cajuns jumped out to a 32-16 lead over the Cardinals and then the refs took over. Bo Lamar said the guy defending him literally started grabbing his arm and held him every time we got a rebound and tried to fast break. The announcers were going crazy watching the game and most of the fans were as well. We were getting mugged.

After the game the NCAA banned the refs, I believe for life from officiating another game. Cajuns still lost in the record books and we never had that matchup with Walton and the Bruins.

I hope very strongly that our AD refers a call in our game with Miami to the ACC. We were driving at the start of the 2nd half and had a reception that would have been a first down at about the twenty. It was ruled incomplete which the video at the stadium clearly showed was wrong. Our guy was in by at least a foot, no question. We asked for a replay and everyone in the stadium, even the Miami fans moaned when it was not overruled. It was an absolute lie and cheat. But remember this, it will happen again and again. To beat a P5 at their place with their ref's, you have to be clearly better. Not just as good, but clearly better because you will have these calls continue to go against you.
(This post was last modified: 09-15-2014 10:11 PM by Florida Red Wolf.)
09-15-2014 10:10 PM
WinstonTheWolf Offline
Heisman

(09-15-2014 08:47 PM)GSU Eagles Wrote:  

We have lost games, but are top 5 in winning % of teams currently in FBS.

WHAT? Why are you typing this? WTF does this mean? Are you kidding me?
09-15-2014 10:51 PM
bladhmadh Offline
All American

I Root For: UAB
Sometimes they just get it wrong.
09-16-2014 04:39 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.