Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Benghazi Bombshell
smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

I Root For: Lower taxes
Benghazi Bombshell
Benghazi Bombshell: Clinton State Department Official Reveals Details of Alleged Document Review

Sharyl Attkisson /@SharylAttkisson/September 15, 2014/0 comments

As the House Select Committee on Benghazi prepares for its first hearing this week, a former State Department diplomat is coming forward with a startling allegation: Hillary Clinton confidants were part of an operation to “separate” damaging documents before they were turned over to the Accountability Review Board investigating security lapses surrounding the Sept. 11, 2012, terrorist attacks on the U.S. mission in Benghazi, Libya.

According to former Deputy Assistant Secretary Raymond Maxwell, the after-hours session took place over a weekend in a basement operations-type center at State Department headquarters in Washington, D.C. This is the first time Maxwell has publicly come forward with the story.

At the time, Maxwell was a leader in the State Department’s Bureau of Near Eastern Affairs (NEA), which was charged with collecting emails and documents relevant to the Benghazi probe.

“I was not invited to that after-hours endeavor, but I heard about it and decided to check it out on a Sunday afternoon,” says Maxwell.

He didn’t know it then, but Maxwell would ultimately become one of four State Department officials singled out for discipline—he says scapegoated—then later cleared for devastating security lapses leading up to the attacks. Four Americans, including U.S. Ambassador Christopher Stevens, were murdered during the Benghazi attacks.

“Basement Operation”

Maxwell says the weekend document session was held in the basement of the State Department’s Foggy Bottom headquarters in a room underneath the “jogger’s entrance.” He describes it as a large space, outfitted with computers and big screen monitors, intended for emergency planning, and with small offices on the periphery.

When he arrived, Maxwell says he observed boxes and stacks of documents. He says a State Department office director, whom Maxwell described as close to Clinton’s top advisers, was there. Though the office director technically worked for him, Maxwell says he wasn’t consulted about her weekend assignment.

“She told me, ‘Ray, we are to go through these stacks and pull out anything that might put anybody in the [Near Eastern Affairs] front office or the seventh floor in a bad light,’” says Maxwell. He says “seventh floor” was State Department shorthand for then-Secretary of State Clinton and her principal advisors.

“I asked her, ‘But isn’t that unethical?’ She responded, ‘Ray, those are our orders.’ ”

More
09-15-2014 11:29 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

SumOfAllFears Offline
Grim Reaper of Misguided Liberal Souls

I Root For: America
RE: Benghazi Bombshell
Sanitizing documents before a congressional inquiry, is a felony.
Destruction of evidence. Purposefully, could destroy Killary's WH ambitions.
(This post was last modified: 09-15-2014 11:58 AM by SumOfAllFears.)
09-15-2014 11:33 AM
JMUDunk Offline
Rootin' fer Dukes, bud

I Root For: Freedom
They've learned from the best. What was that mealy-mouthed fat f$%^ that was the fixer for Slicky-boy? The guy CAUGHT stuffing foreign affairs Docs in his socks, pockets and underwear?

Was it Sandy Berger, is that the guy? I think that's right, I believe he was convicted and the whole affair quietly and neatly swept under the rug by the complicit media.

Here we are again. Color me *shocked*. 03-phew
09-15-2014 02:44 PM
ummechengr Offline
C'mon....really!?!?!

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
What? Hillary Clinton and unethical/illegal acts?....Never......

Watergate:
Quote:Zeifman fired Hillary from the committee staff and refused to give her a letter of recommendation – one of only three people who earned that dubious distinction in Zeifman’s 17-year career.

Why?

“Because she was a liar,” Zeifman said in an interview last week. “She was an unethical, dishonest lawyer. She conspired to violate the Constitution, the rules of the House, the rules of the committee and the rules of confidentiality.”

I can't help but see similarities between her and Calipari.....UMASS - Skips town.....UofM - Skips town. Shady as all get out at best.
09-15-2014 03:49 PM
GoApps70 Offline

I Root For: Appalachian St.
This seemed to obviously have been what happened.
Not surprising.
09-15-2014 04:45 PM
maximus Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: MEMPHIS
Re: RE: Benghazi Bombshell
(09-15-2014 03:49 PM)ummechengr Wrote:  What? Hillary Clinton and unethical/illegal acts?....Never......

Watergate:
Quote:Zeifman fired Hillary from the committee staff and refused to give her a letter of recommendation – one of only three people who earned that dubious distinction in Zeifman’s 17-year career.

Why?

“Because she was a liar,” Zeifman said in an interview last week. “She was an unethical, dishonest lawyer. She conspired to violate the Constitution, the rules of the House, the rules of the committee and the rules of confidentiality.”

I can't help but see similarities between her and Calipari.....UMASS - Skips town.....UofM - Skips town. Shady as all get out at best.
She has been one lying ass crooked ***** since her lawyer days in Little Rock
09-15-2014 07:23 PM
Advertisement

Kaplony Offline
Palmetto State Deplorable

I Root For: Newberry
History is going to show that this is the most corrupt administration in the history of this country.
09-15-2014 08:22 PM
pharaoh0 Offline
Triggered by Microaggressions

I Root For: Duke, L'ville
Somewhere, Richard Nixon is protesting what happened to him. It's one thing to be corrupt...it's another thing to destroy evidence left and right.
09-15-2014 08:26 PM
THE NC Herd Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Marshall
The guy who exposed this better be careful, there's a park bench in DC with his name on it. /cough/ cough/ Vince Foster.
09-15-2014 08:28 PM
CardFan1 Offline
Red Thunderbird

I Root For: Louisville ACC
(09-15-2014 08:28 PM)THE NC Herd Fan Wrote:  The guy who exposed this better be careful, there's a park bench in DC with his name on it. /cough/ cough/ Vince Foster.

Will the Gun be on the Correct side this time ? 03-nutkick
09-16-2014 06:47 AM
Machiavelli Offline
Back to Reality. Oh there goes Gravity

I Root For: BGSU
What percent of the stuff the Glenn Becks and Hannity's of the world bring up is true???? Think about that guys. You bring up so much. Throw so much against a wall. None of it sticks. Where did you get this at SMN?

The Heritage Foundation?
09-16-2014 07:05 AM
Advertisement

Machiavelli Offline

700 club?

There's money to be made in this space no doubt? Yellow Journalism. No thy name.
09-16-2014 07:06 AM
maximus Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: MEMPHIS
Re: RE: Benghazi Bombshell
(09-16-2014 07:05 AM)Machiavelli Wrote:  What percent of the stuff the Glenn Becks and Hannity's of the world bring up is true???? Think about that guys. You bring up so much. Throw so much against a wall. None of it sticks. Where did you get this at SMN?

The Heritage Foundation?
Read the name of who wrote it. Clown

She used to be at CBS
09-16-2014 07:12 AM
SumOfAllFears Offline

(09-16-2014 07:05 AM)Machiavelli Wrote:  What percent of the stuff the Glenn Becks and Hannity's of the world bring up is true???? Think about that guys. You bring up so much. Throw so much against a wall. None of it sticks. Where did you get this at SMN?

The Heritage Foundation?

Beck, Hannity, Rush, It does not matter, sure they could be performers. BUT!!! It amazes me that you cannot see this corrupt administration for what it is. This corrupt gov. is much worse than anything those guys can say. You carry that water and laugh. You become the stupid pathetic clown with closed eyes. Damn your ignorance.
09-16-2014 07:21 AM
Machiavelli Offline

Clown. Interesting.

I did look her up. She left because she's on a one woman crusade. She's a free lancer now. Just employed by the conservative media. Hmmmmmm. Why do you think this is? Can only be employed by people with a particular political slant.

What???????????????

Could it be????????????????

Could she possibly have a political agenda??????????????????

Say it isn't so Walter Kronkite........................

We have a clown car here all right. I'm just not stepping in. You can choose to be a part of the circus if you wish. I have better things to do.

What's funny and terribly depressing. Some of you actual believe this stuff. You actually think this Benghazi Bombshell will make a difference. This is the CASE CRACKER RIGHT HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This stuff only gets play in one certain area and brothers. That demo isn't going to win anything. You tend not to play well with others.
09-16-2014 07:24 AM
ummechengr Offline
C'mon....really!?!?!

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
The information came from the only Near Eastern Affairs official to lose his job, Raymond Maxwell. Better be careful Mach....Raymond is a black man.
09-16-2014 07:48 AM
Advertisement

SumOfAllFears Offline

Carry that water clown.
09-16-2014 08:05 AM
Machiavelli Offline

So old Ray Ray lost his job. A disgruntled employee?????????????????? His opinion is beyond reproach. Have we ever had disgruntled employees fabricate stories??????????????
09-16-2014 08:33 AM
bevotex Offline
Chili has no beans

I Root For: Texas Longhorns
(09-16-2014 08:33 AM)Machiavelli Wrote:  So old Ray Ray lost his job. A disgruntled employee?????????????????? His opinion is beyond reproach. Have we ever had disgruntled employees fabricate stories??????????????

His opinion isn't beyond reproach. Neither is the agency that could have done what he suggests.
09-16-2014 08:35 AM
Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

I Root For: B-G-S-U !!!!
Quote:The Daily Signal is supported by the resources and intellectual firepower of The Heritage Foundation.

/end thread.
09-16-2014 09:21 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.