Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

And that...
Bookmark and Share
MTowho Offline
1st String

I Root For: MiddleTennessee
And that...
is how a rivalry game is supposed to go.

My goodness, that game had everything. We pulled it out somehow but WKU is a great football team. From the red chalk on the blue horseshoe, to the "hey nice to meet you Austin Grammer" 60 yard rushing TD, to the false start on WKU in 3OT, it really did have absolutely everything. Yesterday is why I still have faith in college football.

Cheers Topper fans - you guys brought a great crowd and have nothing to be ashamed of.
09-14-2014 11:14 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Niner National Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Charlotte 49ers
RE: And that...
That really was a great game. Those are the games that make rivalries even stronger. I'm glad CUSA has at least one solid rivalry that actually draws a lot of interest. I'm hoping the UTSA and UNT can develop a similar rivalry in Texas, USM and La Tech in the Gulf region, and ODU and Charlotte in the Mid-Atlantic (although I think this might be tough given the distances between the programs and lack of a shared history).
09-14-2014 11:18 AM
KAjunRaider Offline
Heisman

I Root For: U.M.T.
(09-14-2014 11:18 AM)Niner National Wrote:  That really was a great game. Those are the games that make rivalries even stronger. I'm glad CUSA has at least one solid rivalry that actually draws a lot of interest. I'm hoping the UTSA and UNT can develop a similar rivalry in Texas, USM and La Tech in the Gulf region, and ODU and Charlotte in the Mid-Atlantic (although I think this might be tough given the distances between the programs and lack of a shared history).

It apparently doesn't draw too much interest (from the C-USA office, at least)-- since the game wasn't selected as an "ASN" game. Maybe each team can only play on the network so many times ?
(This post was last modified: 09-14-2014 12:17 PM by KAjunRaider.)
09-14-2014 12:17 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
wkuhilltopperfan Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WKU
(09-14-2014 12:17 PM)KAjunRaider Wrote:  
(09-14-2014 11:18 AM)Niner National Wrote:  That really was a great game. Those are the games that make rivalries even stronger. I'm glad CUSA has at least one solid rivalry that actually draws a lot of interest. I'm hoping the UTSA and UNT can develop a similar rivalry in Texas, USM and La Tech in the Gulf region, and ODU and Charlotte in the Mid-Atlantic (although I think this might be tough given the distances between the programs and lack of a shared history).

It apparently doesn't draw too much interest (from the C-USA office, at least)-- since the game wasn't selected as an "ASN" game. Maybe each team can only play on the network so many times ?

Since MT and WKU are new comers to CUSA we will receive no special favors. That being said, I think we showed the importance of getting exposure of our rivalry
09-14-2014 12:44 PM
Advertisement

galojah Offline
All American

I Root For: WKU & NC State

Donators
It was a fantastic game! I've never bought into the silly juvenile aspects of the rivalry; I prefer to keep it classy, but that's just me. Don't get me wrong, I hate MTSU, but I love to hate them and am very pleased we are once again in the same conference again. I've said from the day they joined the Sun Belt, WKU and MTSU are both better when they are in the conference. It's good for WKU, good for MTSU, and good for the Conference USA.

Already looking forward to next year in Bowling Green.
09-14-2014 12:50 PM
Blue Raider Dave Offline
1st String

I Root For: Middle Tenn
(09-14-2014 12:50 PM)galojah Wrote:  It was a fantastic game! I've never bought into the silly juvenile aspects of the rivalry; I prefer to keep it classy, but that's just me. Don't get me wrong, I hate MTSU, but I love to hate them and am very pleased we are once again in the same conference again. I've said from the day they joined the Sun Belt, WKU and MTSU are both better when they are in the conference. It's good for WKU, good for MTSU, and good for the Conference USA.

Agree on all points. Some great college football last night for sure.
09-14-2014 01:08 PM
Dawg06 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: LaTech

The C-USA office doesn't make TV selections. The TV networks do. That means both Fox Sports and CBS Sports Network passed on broadcasting WKU vs. MT.

Congrats on the win!
(This post was last modified: 09-14-2014 07:41 PM by Dawg06.)
09-14-2014 07:37 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Can't Tame the Lion Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Old Dominion
We (ODU) actually do have history with Charlotte, since we were conference foes for many years. ODU, WKU, Charlotte and UAB were all conference mates for years. Hard to say who our best football rivalry will become. Could be Charlotte, Marshall or just about anyone really.
09-14-2014 07:53 PM
Hilltopper2K Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: WKU!!!
(09-14-2014 12:50 PM)galojah Wrote:  Already looking forward to next year in Bowling Green.

Heck, I'm looking forward to February in the wookie palace.
09-14-2014 08:09 PM
ThreeifbyLightning Online
Heisman

I Root For: Univ of Middle Tennessee
(09-14-2014 08:09 PM)Hilltopper2K Wrote:  
(09-14-2014 12:50 PM)galojah Wrote:  Already looking forward to next year in Bowling Green.

Heck, I'm looking forward to February in the wookie palace.

I like that term. Might have to use that one myself!
09-14-2014 08:40 PM
Advertisement

WKUFan518 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WKU
(09-14-2014 07:37 PM)Dawg06 Wrote:  

The C-USA office doesn't make TV selections. The TV networks do. That means both Fox Sports and CBS Sports Network passed on broadcasting WKU vs. MT.

Congrats on the win!

Which is odd considering our first transition year not even Full FBS member our game at MTSU was broadcasted on ESNPU on THurs. night...Most years the game has been on TV and that was back when we were horrible....

No offense to North Texas or La Tech, but this game should have been on Thursday night or at least on FS1 on Saturday....Saturday was not exactly a day where their were great match ups, very few marquee games, ESPN went to North Dakota St. again for Gameday.....
(This post was last modified: 09-14-2014 08:50 PM by WKUFan518.)
09-14-2014 08:48 PM
KAjunRaider Offline
Heisman

I Root For: U.M.T.
(09-14-2014 08:48 PM)WKUFan518 Wrote:  
(09-14-2014 07:37 PM)Dawg06 Wrote:  

Congrats on the win!

Which is odd considering our first transition year not even Full FBS member our game at MTSU was broadcasted on ESNPU on THurs. night...Most years the game has been on TV and that was back when we were horrible....

No offense to North Texas or La Tech, but this game should have been on Thursday night or at least on FS1 on Saturday....Saturday was not exactly a day where their were great match ups, very few marquee games, ESPN went to North Dakota St. again for Gameday.....

I was surprised, because the game was broadcasted locally on a Sinclair station, that it wasn't picked up. I mean, they broadcasted Charlotte vs. something called Johnson C. Smith.

But, of course, I don't know the ins-and-out about TV games.
09-14-2014 09:12 PM
BlueRaiderBoy Offline
All American

I Root For: MTSU
(09-14-2014 12:50 PM)galojah Wrote:  It was a fantastic game! I've never bought into the silly juvenile aspects of the rivalry; I prefer to keep it classy, but that's just me. Don't get me wrong, I hate MTSU, but I love to hate them and am very pleased we are once again in the same conference again. I've said from the day they joined the Sun Belt, WKU and MTSU are both better when they are in the conference. It's good for WKU, good for MTSU, and good for the Conference USA.

09-14-2014 09:48 PM
BlueRaiderBoy Offline
All American

I Root For: MTSU
(09-14-2014 09:48 PM)BlueRaiderBoy Wrote:  

You Sir are Correct! For CUSA, this should annually be at least the GAME OF THE WEEK
09-14-2014 09:50 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.