Football Power Index after 3 weeks
09-14-2014 07:28 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

HuskieJohn Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU
RE: Football Power Index after 3 weeks
(09-14-2014 07:28 AM)SsideHuskie03 Wrote:  http://espn.go.com/college-football/stat...eamratings

NIU #50
Arkansas #22

Seems about right. We need to have a great game plan, play a close to perfect game with little penalties and it would help if Arkansas is caught looking ahead to TX A&M at Dallas after the big win over TX Tech.
09-14-2014 08:21 AM
huskiebob Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU Huskies

Donators
Arkansas won't be looking ahead. Our 3-0 record, our reputation and, most of all, their hunger after last year's disastrous season guarantee they won't overlook us.
09-14-2014 08:30 AM
Advertisement

goniu1523 Offline
1st String

(09-14-2014 08:30 AM)huskiebob Wrote:  Arkansas won't be looking ahead. Our 3-0 record, our reputation and, most of all, their hunger after last year's disastrous season guarantee they won't overlook us.

I think they will look ahead. They play Texas A&M after us and then play Alabama after that
09-14-2014 08:47 AM
SsideHuskie03 Offline
Water Engineer

I don't know if they'll look ahead, but they're remaining strength of schedule is ranked #1 from here on out....NIU's is #117th from here on out....
09-14-2014 08:52 AM
Advertisement

scottiep12 Offline
1st String

I Root For:
No chance they look ahead. We are a known commodity. Plus their coaching staff knows us really well. Bielema had his dogfight with us in '09 and Pittman (OL coach formerly of NIU) will make sure that's not the case.

They NEED this win to have a shot at a bowl game with that ridiculous schedule.

We are going to get Arky's best...put the wife and children to bed.
09-14-2014 11:48 AM
HuskieJWN Offline
All American

I'm not saying they will look ahead, but you could certainly see the possibility for either way.

They're rebuilding and looking for a bowl game, so this is a must win given probably the toughest schedule in college football.

They're also riding high after getting a road victory over a power 5 team some thought as potentially 3rd in the Big 12. Considering their next 3 games are A&M, Bama, and Georgia, players might be putting one foot in front of the other.

Possibility for both sides, but if they want bowl eligibility they need this win. As one dimensional as they are offensively (yet effective) and not the most skilled defense, they're a good team. They'd be an upper tier B1G team right now. They lack offensive weapons that aren't RBs, but they haven't really needed them to date. If NIU can really push the tempo on offense and force a fumble or two, they could get real uncomfortable.
09-14-2014 11:52 AM
Advertisement

toddjnsn Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU, MAC
Quote:I'm not saying they will look ahead, but you could certainly see the possibility for either way.

They won't look ahead, but they're not looking with a laser focus either. Bielema from B1G country knows that you can't overlook NIU -- they're a real BCS-conference-level opponent. But there's no fear there -- they'll treat it like they're playing Pitt or something.
09-14-2014 11:57 AM
HuskieJWN Offline
All American

(09-14-2014 11:57 AM)toddjnsn Wrote:  
Quote:I'm not saying they will look ahead, but you could certainly see the possibility for either way.

They won't look ahead, but they're not looking with a laser focus either. Bielema from B1G country knows that you can't overlook NIU -- they're a real BCS-conference-level opponent. But there's no fear there -- they'll treat it like they're playing Pitt or something.

That's what I was trying to get at. They know niu is good, because Bielema has played them. The year they went to the citrus bowl and before their 3 straight rose bowls, niu almost eked out a win.

They also know this is a winnable game, they don't have too many of those on the schedule.

Coaches know they've got to be locked in. Coaches will be. But when players see the Aggies, bulldogs, and tide all after that, it's different. Young adults are wired differently.

Again, not saying it will happen. But both sides of the coin are highly possible.
09-14-2014 12:05 PM
Advertisement

PrideinthePack Offline
1st String

Their coach is going to have them ready to play during the week.

Once kick-off happens they're not thinking of anyone else but NIU. The whole "overlooking" angle is overblown.
09-14-2014 12:11 PM
The Frisky Biscuit Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Death
There's no way the name "NIU" stirs the soul like Alabama or Texas A&M, but I don't expect to see Arkansas pulling up their pants just as they are jogging out for the coin toss.
09-14-2014 12:42 PM
SsideHuskie03 Offline
Water Engineer

I think the sloppy UNLV game that included physical mistakes, mental mistakes and costly penalties....is exactly what this NIU team needed going into Arkansas. Get back to the basics, limit mistakes, lay some tough run d and well be in good position come Saturday.
09-14-2014 03:45 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.