Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Why I like Wisconsin instead of Kentucky
Bookmark and Share
MICHAELSPAPPY Offline
Legend

I Root For: CHI ST, CROWLEY, TEX WES
“Let me tell you something,” [Bo] Ryan said as we sat courtside in July during the Nike EYBL Peach Jam, one of the premier events of the summer recruiting circuit. “I just got a text message from a kid who was a walk-on for us. He’s been trying to get into Wisconsin’s law school, but he couldn’t get in right away. So he just texted me that he got accepted. Something like that is a far bigger deal to me than the Final Four. I know you guys get excited about that, but I get excited about working with young men.”
09-13-2014 04:29 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

LR Alum Offline
1st String

I Root For: UALR
I'm a not big calipara fan but they say he does take of his players that do and dont make it to the nba once they leave his program.
09-13-2014 05:47 PM
Advertisement

mjs Offline
Hall of Famer

RE: Why I like Wisconsin instead of Kentucky
(09-13-2014 04:29 PM)MICHAELSPAPPY Wrote:  “Let me tell you something,” [Bo] Ryan said as we sat courtside in July during the Nike EYBL Peach Jam, one of the premier events of the summer recruiting circuit. “I just got a text message from a kid who was a walk-on for us. He’s been trying to get into Wisconsin’s law school, but he couldn’t get in right away. So he just texted me that he got accepted. Something like that is a far bigger deal to me than the Final Four. I know you guys get excited about that, but I get excited about working with young men.”

I agree. That's one of the reasons I like Steve and our program. I think he's as proud of Gus in the classroom, as he is about what anyone does on the basketball court. We graduate fine young men. Many of the kids who have left the program don't fit that mode and that's why they don't finish up here. The kids who finish up here, don't get in trouble while in school and you don't read about them getting arrested following college either.
09-13-2014 05:55 PM
outsideualr Offline
Hall of Famer

RE: Why I like Wisconsin instead of Kentucky
If Bo Ryan wasn't winning consistently, and keeping the Wisconsin fans happy, it wouldn't matter what he thought about player's academic achievements. He'd be looking for another job. And that's the truth!
09-14-2014 08:39 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.