Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Obama: ‘I SHOULD’VE ANTICIPATED THE OPTICS:’
EagleRockCafe Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Eagles
Obama: ‘I SHOULD’VE ANTICIPATED THE OPTICS:’
Obama admits he shouldn't have gone back to the golf course in a rush after addressing the brutal beheading of James Foley. Gee Barry, you think??? What a complete dumb a$$.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics...-1.1931030
09-08-2014 11:35 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

oklalittledixie Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Oklahoma
RE: Obama: ‘I SHOULD’VE ANTICIPATED THE OPTICS:’
Too late Obama. You are only sorry now because November is looming. You would still be on the course right now if you thought your destructive agenda was still in your back pocket.
09-08-2014 11:37 AM
EagleRockCafe Offline
Hall of Famer

(09-08-2014 11:37 AM)oklalittledixie Wrote:  Too late Obama. You are only sorry now because November is looming. You would still be on the course right now if you thought your destructive agenda was still in your back pocket.

Agree 1000%. He isn't sorry in the least. He is an arrogant dick.
09-08-2014 11:39 AM
Owl 69/70/75 Online
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
Note that he's only sorry that the optics were bad. Not that the optics were bad because the action was bad.
09-08-2014 11:41 AM
oklalittledixie Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Oklahoma
(09-08-2014 11:39 AM)EagleRockCafe Wrote:  
(09-08-2014 11:37 AM)oklalittledixie Wrote:  Too late Obama. You are only sorry now because November is looming. You would still be on the course right now if you thought your destructive agenda was still in your back pocket.

He's the petty criminal that is sorry he got caught. He could care less about the people who are upset with him.
09-08-2014 11:43 AM
EagleX Offline
Wake me when the suck is over

I Root For: Southern Miss
the dead guy caused him to be late for his tee time. he was clearly annoyed by that.
09-08-2014 11:44 AM
Advertisement

stinkfist Offline
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
(09-08-2014 11:41 AM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  Note that he's only sorry that the optics were bad. Not that the optics were bad because the action was bad.

XACLY! he is/was never designed to be a leader....he was designed by holly(fools)wood....

there is only one seriously insane reason he leads this country (see my sig)
09-08-2014 11:46 AM
DexterDevil Offline
DCTID

I Root For: EMU, DCFC
Re: RE: Obama: ‘I SHOULD’VE ANTICIPATED THE OPTICS:’
(09-08-2014 11:46 AM)stinkfist Wrote:  
(09-08-2014 11:41 AM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  Note that he's only sorry that the optics were bad. Not that the optics were bad because the action was bad.

XACLY! he is/was never designed to be a leader....he was designed by holly(fools)wood....

I thought you were a liberal?

Posted from my mobile device using the CSNbbs App
09-08-2014 12:04 PM
I45owl Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Rice Owls

New Orleans Bowl
(09-08-2014 11:35 AM)EagleRockCafe Wrote:  Obama admits he shouldn't have gone back to the golf course in a rush after addressing the brutal beheading of James Foley. Gee Barry, you think??? What a complete dumb a$$.

Actually, the "optics" is why he has political advisers on staff, not to dictate what his policies should be and make his strategic decisions for him.
09-08-2014 12:21 PM
EagleX Offline
Wake me when the suck is over

(09-08-2014 12:21 PM)I45owl Wrote:  
(09-08-2014 11:35 AM)EagleRockCafe Wrote:  Obama admits he shouldn't have gone back to the golf course in a rush after addressing the brutal beheading of James Foley. Gee Barry, you think??? What a complete dumb a$$.

Actually, the "optics" is why he has political advisers on staff, not to dictate what his policies should be and make his strategic decisions for him.

he doesn't listen to his staff. he's smarter than all of them. he listens to jarrett, michelle, and plouffe. maybe one or two more -- all chicago buddies.

that's why they make the same mistake again and again and again; they exist in one big echo chamber.
09-08-2014 12:24 PM
I45owl Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Rice Owls

New Orleans Bowl
I'm not sure which would be better ... if he did listen to them or if he didn't.
09-08-2014 12:56 PM
Advertisement

SumOfAllFears Offline
Grim Reaper of Misguided Liberal Souls

I Root For: America

Yes, he is never sorry for what he does, just sorry people don't see things his way.
09-08-2014 01:32 PM
smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

I Root For: Lower taxes
(09-08-2014 11:39 AM)EagleRockCafe Wrote:  

He's Not sorry at all. It's my opinion he's given up on being the president and every day he can play golf is anther day that passes without him being responsible for anything and another day closer to when his term ends and then he can go on his world tour telling us what a great job he did and what mistakes his replacement is making.
09-08-2014 01:35 PM
gdunn Offline
Repping E-Gang Colors

Survivor Champion
(09-08-2014 11:46 AM)stinkfist Wrote:  

I agree.. Idiocracy is a bleak glimpse into our future. Now excuse me, I'm missing a good episode of "Ow My Balls".
09-08-2014 01:36 PM
DrTorch Offline
Proved mach and GTS to be liars

I Root For: ASU, BGSU
CrappiesDonatorsBalance of Power Contest
This story is a needless distraction. What's really going on right now?
09-08-2014 01:54 PM
Fitbud Offline
Banned

I Root For: PAC 12
Keep pushing that golf angle

09-08-2014 06:39 PM
Advertisement

SumOfAllFears Offline
Grim Reaper of Misguided Liberal Souls

I Root For: America
(09-08-2014 06:39 PM)Fitbud Wrote:  Keep pushing that golf angle

Damn you must be all butthurt about the threads earlier today
09-08-2014 07:28 PM
Fitbud Offline
Banned

I Root For: PAC 12
Re: RE: Obama: ‘I SHOULD’VE ANTICIPATED THE OPTICS:’
(09-08-2014 07:28 PM)SumOfAllFears Wrote:  

Damn you must be all butthurt about the threads earlier today

I didn't see them. I had to work.

09-08-2014 10:07 PM
EagleRockCafe Offline
Hall of Famer

Will do Fit. Since you asked for more, this is my favorite. Written by your fellow lib, columnist Maureen Dowd. Her best work ever. Enjoy. I did.

THE GOLF ADDRESS

FORE! Score? And seven trillion rounds ago, our forecaddies brought forth on this continent a new playground, conceived by Robert Trent Jones, and dedicated to the proposition that all men are created equal when it comes to spending as much time on the links as possible — even when it seems totally inappropriate, like moments after making a solemn statement condemning the grisly murder of a 40-year-old American journalist beheaded by ISIL.

I know reporters didn’t get a chance to ask questions, but I had to bounce. I had a 1 p.m. tee time at Vineyard Golf Club with Alonzo Mourning and a part-owner of the Boston Celtics. Hillary and I agreed when we partied with Vernon Jordan up here, hanging out with celebrities and rich folks is fun.

Now we are engaged in a great civil divide in Ferguson, which does not even have a golf course, and that’s why I had a “logistical” issue with going there. We are testing whether that community, or any community so conceived and so dedicated, can long endure when the nation’s leader wants nothing more than to sink a birdie putt.

We are met on a great field of that battle, not Augusta, not Pebble Beach, not Bethpage Black, not Burning Tree, but Farm Neck Golf Club in Martha’s Vineyard, which we can’t get enough of — me, Alonzo, Ray Allen and Marvin Nicholson, my trip director and favorite golfing partner who has played 134 rounds and counting with me.

We have to dedicate a portion of that field as a final resting place for my presidency, if I keep swinging from behind.

Yet it is altogether fitting and proper that I should get to play as much golf as I want, despite all the lame jokes about how golf is turning into “a real handicap” for my presidency and how I have to “stay the course” with ISIL. I’ve heard all the carping that I should be in the Situation Room droning and plinking the bad folks. I know some people think I should go to Ferguson. Don’t they understand that I’ve delegated the Martin Luther King Jr. thing to Eric Holder? Plus, Valerie Jarrett and Al Sharpton have it under control.

I know it doesn’t look good to have pictures of me grinning in a golf cart juxtaposed with ones of James Foley’s parents crying, and a distraught David Cameron rushing back from his vacation after only one day, and the Pentagon news conference with Chuck Hagel and General Dempsey on the failed mission to rescue the hostages in Syria.

We’re stuck in the rough, going to war all over again in Iraq and maybe striking Syria, too. Every time Chuck says ISIL is “beyond anything we’ve ever seen,” I sprout seven more gray hairs. But my cool golf caps cover them. If only I could just play through the rest of my presidency.

ISIL brutally killing hostages because we won’t pay ransoms, rumbles of coups with our puppets in Iraq and Afghanistan, the racial caldron in Ferguson, the Ebola outbreak, the Putin freakout — there’s enough awful stuff going on to give anyone the yips.

So how can you blame me for wanting to unwind on the course or for five hours at dinner with my former assistant chef? He’s a great organic cook, and he’s got a gluten-free backyard putting green.

But, in a larger sense, we can dedicate, we can consecrate, we can hallow this ground where I can get away from my wife, my mother-in-law, Uncle Joe, Congress and all the other hazards in my life.

The brave foursomes, living and dead, who struggled here in the sand, in the trees, in the water, have consecrated it, far above our poor power to add or subtract a few strokes to improve our score. Bill Clinton was Mr. Mulligan, and he is twice at popular as I am.

The world will little note, nor long remember, what we shot here, or why I haven’t invited a bunch of tiresome congressmen to tee it up. I’m trying to relax, guys. So I’d much rather stay in the bunker with my usual bros.

Why don’t you play 18 with Mitch McConnell? And John Boehner is a lot better than me, so I don’t want to play with him.

It is for us, the duffers, rather, to be dedicated here to the unfinished work which they who played here have thus far so nobly advanced to get young folks to stop spurning a game they find slow and boring.

It is rather for us to be here dedicated to the great task remaining before us of getting rid of our slice on the public’s dime — that from this honored green we take increased devotion to that cause for which Bobby Jones, Jack Nicklaus, Tiger Woods and Rory McIlroy gave their last full measure of devotion — and divots.

We here highly resolve that these golfing greats shall not have competed in vain, especially poor Tiger, and that this nation, under par, shall have a new birth of freedom to play the game that I have become unnaturally obsessed with, and that golf of the people, by the people, for the people shall not perish from the earth.

So help me Golf.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/08/24/opinio...dress.html
09-08-2014 10:20 PM
smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

I Root For: Lower taxes
(09-08-2014 10:20 PM)EagleRockCafe Wrote:  

Will do Fit. Since you asked for more, this is my favorite. Written by your fellow lib, columnist Maureen Dowd. Her best work ever. Enjoy. I did.

THE GOLF ADDRESS

FORE! Score? And seven trillion rounds ago, our forecaddies brought forth on this continent a new playground, conceived by Robert Trent Jones, and dedicated to the proposition that all men are created equal when it comes to spending as much time on the links as possible — even when it seems totally inappropriate, like moments after making a solemn statement condemning the grisly murder of a 40-year-old American journalist beheaded by ISIL.

I know reporters didn’t get a chance to ask questions, but I had to bounce. I had a 1 p.m. tee time at Vineyard Golf Club with Alonzo Mourning and a part-owner of the Boston Celtics. Hillary and I agreed when we partied with Vernon Jordan up here, hanging out with celebrities and rich folks is fun.

Now we are engaged in a great civil divide in Ferguson, which does not even have a golf course, and that’s why I had a “logistical” issue with going there. We are testing whether that community, or any community so conceived and so dedicated, can long endure when the nation’s leader wants nothing more than to sink a birdie putt.

We are met on a great field of that battle, not Augusta, not Pebble Beach, not Bethpage Black, not Burning Tree, but Farm Neck Golf Club in Martha’s Vineyard, which we can’t get enough of — me, Alonzo, Ray Allen and Marvin Nicholson, my trip director and favorite golfing partner who has played 134 rounds and counting with me.

We have to dedicate a portion of that field as a final resting place for my presidency, if I keep swinging from behind.

Yet it is altogether fitting and proper that I should get to play as much golf as I want, despite all the lame jokes about how golf is turning into “a real handicap” for my presidency and how I have to “stay the course” with ISIL. I’ve heard all the carping that I should be in the Situation Room droning and plinking the bad folks. I know some people think I should go to Ferguson. Don’t they understand that I’ve delegated the Martin Luther King Jr. thing to Eric Holder? Plus, Valerie Jarrett and Al Sharpton have it under control.

I know it doesn’t look good to have pictures of me grinning in a golf cart juxtaposed with ones of James Foley’s parents crying, and a distraught David Cameron rushing back from his vacation after only one day, and the Pentagon news conference with Chuck Hagel and General Dempsey on the failed mission to rescue the hostages in Syria.

We’re stuck in the rough, going to war all over again in Iraq and maybe striking Syria, too. Every time Chuck says ISIL is “beyond anything we’ve ever seen,” I sprout seven more gray hairs. But my cool golf caps cover them. If only I could just play through the rest of my presidency.

ISIL brutally killing hostages because we won’t pay ransoms, rumbles of coups with our puppets in Iraq and Afghanistan, the racial caldron in Ferguson, the Ebola outbreak, the Putin freakout — there’s enough awful stuff going on to give anyone the yips.

So how can you blame me for wanting to unwind on the course or for five hours at dinner with my former assistant chef? He’s a great organic cook, and he’s got a gluten-free backyard putting green.

But, in a larger sense, we can dedicate, we can consecrate, we can hallow this ground where I can get away from my wife, my mother-in-law, Uncle Joe, Congress and all the other hazards in my life.

The brave foursomes, living and dead, who struggled here in the sand, in the trees, in the water, have consecrated it, far above our poor power to add or subtract a few strokes to improve our score. Bill Clinton was Mr. Mulligan, and he is twice at popular as I am.

The world will little note, nor long remember, what we shot here, or why I haven’t invited a bunch of tiresome congressmen to tee it up. I’m trying to relax, guys. So I’d much rather stay in the bunker with my usual bros.

Why don’t you play 18 with Mitch McConnell? And John Boehner is a lot better than me, so I don’t want to play with him.

It is for us, the duffers, rather, to be dedicated here to the unfinished work which they who played here have thus far so nobly advanced to get young folks to stop spurning a game they find slow and boring.

It is rather for us to be here dedicated to the great task remaining before us of getting rid of our slice on the public’s dime — that from this honored green we take increased devotion to that cause for which Bobby Jones, Jack Nicklaus, Tiger Woods and Rory McIlroy gave their last full measure of devotion — and divots.

We here highly resolve that these golfing greats shall not have competed in vain, especially poor Tiger, and that this nation, under par, shall have a new birth of freedom to play the game that I have become unnaturally obsessed with, and that golf of the people, by the people, for the people shall not perish from the earth.

So help me Golf.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/08/24/opinio...dress.html

You're assuming he knows who Dowd is. After reading that he probably thinks she works for Fox.
09-08-2014 10:26 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.