Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

Just to think before Coach Fuente got here
Bookmark and Share
Tiger46 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Tigers
Just to think before Coach Fuente got here
we were setting records...for worst defeats at home, worst defeats on the road, bottom of the barrel as a program.

I wanted that game bad last night, but someone had to lose. We showed a large crowd and I'm sure a large TV audience who the Tigers are.

Thought our offense would struggle, turns out the defense didn't look so hot last night in the secondary. Still #waituntilthisyear

We are in it.
09-07-2014 03:16 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Mimi Offline
Who farted??

I Root For: reasonableness
RE: Just to think before Coach Fuente got here
Let's get some wins.
09-07-2014 04:04 PM
Eagle4Christ Offline
Thread killer

I Root For: Memphis
Fuente . . . and Bowen
09-07-2014 04:07 PM
Claw Offline
Hall of Famer

That game will help West coast recruiting across several sports.
09-07-2014 04:25 PM
Advertisement

memphisike Offline
Heisman

I Root For: memphis tigers
This Dude can coach! I hope everyone knows we will have to open the wallet to keep this COACH.
09-07-2014 05:39 PM
macgar32 Offline
Legend

(09-07-2014 05:39 PM)memphisike Wrote:  This Dude can coach! I hope everyone knows we will have to open the wallet to keep this COACH.

Will be very difficult to keep him if one of the insiders (BIG 5) want him...I am sure every coach wants a chance at a championship.
09-07-2014 07:00 PM
ToddMundtOneRebound Offline
Bench Warmer

In our CURRENT. situation , losing a head coach to a big 5 school shows a bit of progress considering where we've been. Success at mid major football programs leads to opportunity. Coach Fuente isn't a former player or Memphian so I would expect him to move up if that chance occurs. However , continued success at Memphis is different than continued success at ark st. Continual success here likely puts us in the business of retaing rather than replacing coaches.
09-07-2014 07:19 PM
Advertisement

memphisike Offline
Heisman

I Root For: memphis tigers
I believe if we handle things right our coaches, many will stay and yes J.F. will need to be paid along with his assistants, but he needs to be respected for the program he is building. Two stars, to three stars and then some fours and fives. This man can make this happen and yes im glad im on this train. Imagine the pride a coach feels when the take a joke and turn it into a power. Ask Bobby Bowden at fla state and Howard S. of the u. and lewisville. Hang on tigers we our in for a great ride!!!!!!!!!!
09-07-2014 08:53 PM
dan o Offline
Hall of Famer

(09-07-2014 04:25 PM)Claw Wrote:  That game will help West coast recruiting across several sports.

So why in the heck would they schedule the game?

Heck is raised here about UT, Ole Miss or anybody else coming here for basketball because it helps their recruiting
09-07-2014 09:02 PM
Mick Light Offline
Banned

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
Let's just enjoy this while it lasts like that last coach said that left for a better position.
09-08-2014 08:28 AM
Advertisement

Tygrys Offline
Heisman

(09-08-2014 07:26 AM)NJ1 Wrote:  pay this man like he was Calipari (easy for me to say, not my money!).

Of course that still might not be enough to keep him here if the bigs come calling, but we gotta try.

If nothing else it would show a serious commitment to the football program and a coach who is successful here.
09-08-2014 08:34 AM
Tiger46 Offline
Hall of Famer

(09-08-2014 08:34 AM)Tygrys Wrote:  
(09-08-2014 07:26 AM)NJ1 Wrote:  pay this man like he was Calipari (easy for me to say, not my money!).

Of course that still might not be enough to keep him here if the bigs come calling, but we gotta try.

If nothing else it would show a serious commitment to the football program and a coach who is successful here.

I agree, if we pay him handsomely and he is successful enough that a Big XII team comes calling, the fact that we paid him big bucks and that the program was on track will have a lot of coaches interested, if and when that time comes.

I hope he stays for a long time and I hope we can be the next Boise or TCU.

With the P5 coming, you want to be the best program outside of that country club, and better than most of the cellar dwellers of those conferences.
09-08-2014 09:33 AM
oruvoice Offline
Heisman

Fuente's success and a full Liberty Bowl stadium, for the remainder of the games this season, would sure make the P5 folks take a second look...I would imagine.
09-08-2014 09:52 AM
thagr82008 Offline
Banned

I Root For: MEMPHOBABEE
(09-08-2014 09:52 AM)oruvoice Wrote:  Fuente's success and a full Liberty Bowl stadium, for the remainder of the games this season, would sure make the P5 folks take a second look...I would imagine.

+77 ^this Is the key factor....marketing! The games need representation....And Fuente, like most human have morals and should not be put in the same category as Calipari...

That was a very dark time in Memphis history....orchestrated by a complete sleaze....Should not be brought up anymore!!!!!
09-08-2014 10:11 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.