Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

My Week 2 Recap
pesik Offline
Legend

I Root For: Houston
My Week 2 Recap
1) Close but no Cigar
you might look at the AAC's overall record this week and think disappointment but almost everyone put up a good showing (sans smu) most analyst would have categorized most of our games this week as blowouts but our teams put up a good fight in all of them. would have been nice to pull atleast one of the upsets but from an eye test perspective almost every team impressed

2) It might be July in Dallas because the end of June is near
some people expect SMU to be bad ..but this bad? UNT was supposed to be their shinning hope for a early win but 0-7 has become a legitimate possibility. june might not make it through the week, and even if he does, expect this to be junes last season on pony express

3) off the Bench while other find their way to the Bench
Steven bench put up a very decent game vs maryland after replacing injured Mike White, which should be USF's qb competition alot more interesting, on the flip side tanner lee who showed promise game 1 looks bad game 2 and was benched, and the smu qb situation which is now a 3 man race, who knows what happens with that.

4) New league old traditions, Parity train all aboard
Cincy has yet to play and SMU looks horrible but from the eye test every team in this league could beat anyone in this league, no team has separated themselves to be elite and smu is the only team that has shown signs of being horrible

5) Week 2 stars/ helmet stickers
- Paxton Lynch QB Memphis 305yds passing 2tds
- Kenneth farrow RB Houston 130yds rushing
- Auggie Sanchez LB USF, Interception, Fumble recovery for TD

My Power Ranking

1a) UCF 0-1
had them my favorite last week but after seeing PSU struggle this week, maybe i should wait and see them in other games before crowning them

1b) Cincy 0-0
Game on friday, i have like 40 puns to use for gunner kiel, give me a reason to use them

1c) ECU 1-1
if you had given me this score preseason id have been shocked, but A&M kinda already burst-ed the SC bubble, still a good showing versus a great team

1d) Memphis 1-1
Its Official Memphis has an offense, time to put some quality wins behind that and they might be a threat

1e) Temple 1-1
a constantly improving temple, keeps showing signs of a decent season ahead despite the loss

1f) Houston 1-1
47-0 is nice but lets see if they can redeem themselves vs some quality opponents starting next week

7) USF 1-1
offense still needs work but much improved from last year

8) Tulsa 1-1
they have some explosive players they just need to cut down on the mistakes

9) Tulane 0-2
they have some quality players but just need to go through some maturing

10) UConn 1-1
offense definitely needs worked and the Defense is still up in the air on how good it will be

11) SMU 0-2
just all bad

Week 2 Grade= C-
(This post was last modified: 09-07-2014 11:17 AM by pesik.)
09-07-2014 09:38 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Knightsweat Offline
Heisman

I Root For: OU & UCF
RE: My Week 2 Recap
Pesik, good post! Keep the format. I like it!
09-07-2014 09:40 AM
pesik Offline
Legend

(09-07-2014 09:40 AM)Knightsweat Wrote:  Pesik, good post! Keep the format. I like it!

thanks 04-cheers
09-07-2014 10:20 AM
Cali_Cat Offline
Banned

I Root For: UC fans to stop
I looked up the stats for the USF QB, he was 14/36 (39%) for 162 yards 0 TD 1 INT. How is that even decent???
09-07-2014 10:26 AM
Cubanbull Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
(09-07-2014 10:26 AM)Cali_Cat Wrote:  I looked up the stats for the USF QB, he was 14/36 (39%) for 162 yards 0 TD 1 INT. How is that even decent???

When your throwing from your ass most of the time you might think differently. He is not great and not the long term answer but bigger issue is the oline
09-07-2014 10:29 AM
Advertisement

pesik Offline
Legend

(09-07-2014 10:26 AM)Cali_Cat Wrote:  I looked up the stats for the USF QB, he was 14/36 (39%) for 162 yards 0 TD 1 INT. How is that even decent???

1 rushing TD...and im talking in comparison to what they've shown the last 2 years, the offense has some flow
09-07-2014 10:36 AM
Bearcats#1 Offline
Ad nauseam King

I Root For: Pony94
Good write up Pesik....thanks
09-07-2014 11:07 AM
NYCTUFan Offline
All American

I Root For: Temple
Nicely done pesik. 04-cheers
09-07-2014 11:11 AM
Eagle4Christ Offline
Thread killer

I Root For: Memphis
Thanks for this.
09-07-2014 12:33 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.