Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Kicking
Bookmark and Share
Turner4Heisman Offline
1st String

I Root For: NIU
Kicking
I am sure this was discussed during the game thread, but jesus what are we going to do without a kicking game??

It could have cost us big time yesterday leaving it at a 2 possession game. This really needs to get figured out because it is at the point that we not only should not be attempting FGs but just going for 2 after every score.
09-07-2014 09:23 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

MileHighHuskie Offline
All American

I Root For:
RE: Kicking
They will get it dialed a little more, we may not have a game winning kicker from 40 yards out but it will get better close in. I am concerned if we need a long game winner, but the kid kicks a nice ball, the one he missed short was barely wide right, i know it's a chip shot. Also, sometimes from the hash the closer ones are more tricky than the longer ones. I think we will see the O run a play to the middle if we need a kick, elevate the angles a little more. He kicks a decent ball, had a great day punting. Hope I am right,c confidence is everything. Like a golf shot, you have to have confidence, no matter how good your swing is.
09-07-2014 09:31 AM
HuskieJWN Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU
RE: Kicking
I really think they need to give whoever the backup kicker the chance to kick vs. UNLV.

I think asking Wedel to do all three things is too difficult. He's been a good kick off expert since freshman year, so keep him there, and he actually looks like a really good punter. He did those two last year, stick with those.

Shuffle in a few new guys at practice for field goals and try on next Saturday. Just my two cents, but no reason to redshirt a guy if he can do it and give Wedel some sort of break. If NIU is going to score a lot, he's gonna be doing a lot of kickoffs and field goals. Later down the road, when they need an over 40 yard field goal, it isn't gonna happen.
09-07-2014 09:54 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.