Open TigerLinks

The Most Impressive Observation I noticed - Physicality
Bookmark and Share
Nobody4Prez Offline
All American

I Root For: Memphis
The Most Impressive Observation I noticed - Physicality
What I came away after watching the game is that this was NO FLUKE

We have a big and tough team. Especially on the O Line.

We also have a tough QB. Paxton got hit hard and often and he bounced right back up every time.

His toughness reminds me of a guy that had a nice little run that took us to a bowl or two!
09-07-2014 01:09 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Tygrys Offline
Heisman

RE: The Most Impressive Observation I noticed - Physicality
(09-07-2014 01:09 AM)Pastner4Prez Wrote:  What I came away after watching the game is that this was NO FLUKE

We also have a tough QB. Paxton got hit hard and often and he bounced right back up every time.

His toughness reminds me of a guy that had a nice little run that took us to a bowl or two!

No doubt. It looked like men out there playing. Our defense laid on some big hits throughout the game, and our offense was effective running the football. The team looked great.
(This post was last modified: 09-07-2014 01:19 AM by Tygrys.)
09-07-2014 01:18 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
salukiblue Offline
Liaison to the Dummies

I Root For: Space Mountain
Good points.
09-07-2014 07:02 AM
Advertisement

midtowncowboy Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
Offense B+
Defense C (Run Defense B+, Pass Coverage D+)

Offense just needs to get better on pass protection in big moments and stop the drops in key moments.

We played good enough against the run to beat a #11 on the road. But too many completely busted coverages by DB's and poor tackling by DB's after the catch.
09-07-2014 08:05 AM
Tiger5 Offline
Special Teams

good points, and we were laying some hits on the bruins. The running back #22 ran hard and looked good.

One area of concern for me is our free safety position. Our free safety's were frozen looing at the QB or receivers running short routes while another receiver would streak by him. We got burned deep several times.
09-07-2014 08:27 AM
Advertisement

tigers1125 Offline
Banned

I Root For: Tigers
One concern-UCLA's pressure was much better in 2cd half and it showed with Lynch's play.
09-07-2014 11:20 AM
Herff Tiger Offline
Heisman

I Root For: T-I-G-E-R-S
(09-07-2014 08:27 AM)Tiger5 Wrote:  good points, and we were laying some hits on the bruins. The running back #22 ran hard and looked good.

One area of concern for me is our free safety position. Our free safety's were frozen looing at the QB or receivers running short routes while another receiver would streak by him. We got burned deep several times.

That area of concern, agreed, and the thing that stuck out to me was our inability to get them on the ground. Sure, some of it was the fact that their players are bigger, stronger, faster, quicker, more nimble, more athletically gifted, etc., but a factor also had to be our technique in some cases and the mental part of it in others, i.e. over-thinking, worrying about a miss, and so on. We very well could have had 3 or 4 more sacks.

Plus Tevin Jones dropping passes, still.
(This post was last modified: 09-07-2014 12:38 PM by Herff Tiger.)
09-07-2014 12:37 PM
Advertisement

Tygrys Offline
Heisman

(09-07-2014 11:20 AM)tigers1125 Wrote:  One concern-UCLA's pressure was much better in 2cd half and it showed with Lynch's play.

I thought Lynch had a great game and made really good decisions the entire game, sans the final drive. I felt like there were a couple of times, in the second half specifically, that he avoided some pressure and instead of forcing a ball into coverage, he just threw it away to survive and play another down. The pressure allowed in the second half was a little worrisome, as were the several busted coverages. However, I am not sure we will see a better QB then we did last night.
09-07-2014 02:19 PM
Tiger46 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Tigers
(09-07-2014 01:09 AM)Pastner4Prez Wrote:  What I came away after watching the game is that this was NO FLUKE

Paxton is going to be a stud.

Yes, we look like a football team and are finally picking up some of the swagger from CJF. Football is all about attitude.
09-07-2014 03:18 PM
Advertisement

Claw Offline
Hall of Famer

I think our guys match up well with PAC-12 type athletes.

We'll see how that translates when we play Ole Miss. SEC linemen are not the same.
09-07-2014 04:27 PM
Atlanta Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
(09-07-2014 11:20 AM)tigers1125 Wrote:  One concern-UCLA's pressure was much better in 2cd half and it showed with Lynch's play.

UCLA started sending a 5th guy (even 6 sometimes) in the 2nd half on obvious passing downs & they sent the house on the last series. They also moved the corners up who seemed bigger than our receivers for a bump & run look. That really disrupted routes & timing. The UCLA bigs didn't seem well conditioned & didn't get much push without some help.
09-07-2014 05:49 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.