WMU Broncos

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Prediction.....MSU/Oregon, scUM/ND, Due/Pew
Chipdip2 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: America
Oregon 27 MSU 24
MSU D keeps Ducks from scoring spree, but Spartan offense doesn't have enough to keep up. Loss of Kings hurts.

ND 28 scUM 24
Gardner continues his legacy of big game turnovers.

Purdue 35 Chimps 20
Chimps looked slow at defending the corner on runs. Due has a lot of speed to the corner. Purdue gets up early. Chimps make it respectable late, but with Davis hobbled the Boilers set on the run in an easier than expected win.
09-04-2014 05:24 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Hoekjeness Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WMU
RE: Prediction.....MSU/Oregon, scUM/ND, Due/Pew
Oregon 41
MSU 21

N. Dame 27
Michigan 21

Purdue 35
CMU 24
09-04-2014 05:28 PM
Liam9903 Offline
Field Marshal

I Root For: WesternMichigan
Oregon covers against MSU. Michigan and ND will play and pretend its meaningful but the game won't be entertaining or produce a contender because this isn't 1989. Purdue beats CMU.
09-04-2014 09:46 PM
EA3 Offline
Heisman

Line has Purdue -3 over cmu. Someone needs to convince me not to bet large sums of money on Purdue

Posted from my mobile device using the CSNbbs App
09-04-2014 10:19 PM
Liam9903 Offline
Field Marshal

I Root For: WesternMichigan
(09-04-2014 10:19 PM)EA3 Wrote:  Line has Purdue -3 over cmu. Someone needs to convince me not to bet large sums of money on Purdue

Let me try. You should never bet large sums of money on the success of Purdue football. Thats all I've got, but that come on. Think what you're saying! Betting ON Purdue.
09-04-2014 10:22 PM
EA3 Offline
Heisman

More like betting against the chips

09-04-2014 10:25 PM
Advertisement

thegeneral Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WMU, OU
CMU v Purdue is intriguing. Normally I don't put much stock in games against common opponents, but games in back to back weeks on the road against Purdue should give a good indication as to how WMU and CMU compare.
09-04-2014 10:29 PM
DesertBronco Offline
Banned

I Root For: 9 wins ASAP!!
With lame teams like Purdue, it's hard to do that though, you never know what's going to show up. With winning programs it's a better tool to use, but yeah, I get your point.
09-04-2014 10:37 PM
Chipdip2 Offline
Heisman

Kent was lame and Hazell turned them into a contender for the Orange Bowl. Whose to say Purdue isn't better this year.
09-04-2014 10:49 PM
DesertBronco Offline
Banned

(09-04-2014 10:49 PM)Chipdip2 Wrote:  Kent was lame and Hazell turned them into a contender for the Orange Bowl. Whose to say Purdue isn't better this year.

Until they prove otherwise, you don't assume. That would be the point. You awful bigot. Oh wait...wrong thread. Never miiiiiiind.
(This post was last modified: 09-04-2014 10:54 PM by DesertBronco.)
09-04-2014 10:52 PM
DesertBronco Offline
Banned

Seriously, Purdue was pathetic last week. That wasn't a well played game other than a few select plays on the ground and mostly in the second half.
09-04-2014 10:53 PM
Advertisement

WheresWaldo42 Offline
1st String

I Root For: BetterCall Saul
I'm actually interested in all 3 of these games.

CMU at Purdue - I want to see how CMU stacks up against a team that we competed with last week before falling short. CMU looked awful early against a FCS last week before basically dominating the 2nd half and getting a win. How will Rawls compare to Franklin vs Purdue? And is CMU defense going to be able to stop the Purdue speed at RB? I have a feeling this is a close one into the 2nd half much like us last week. I will take CMU 31. Purdue 27.

UofM at ND - both teams were impressive vs weak teams last weekend. Gholston makes such a difference for ND. Gardner looked great for UofM. Funchess is an NFL player. It all comes down to whether or not UofM can run the ball. I like UofM defense more that NDs. I will take UofM 30 ND 28.

MSU at Oregon - If Sparty can pull this one off, they just might run the table in the regular season. I keep waiting for them to stumble but it really hasn't happened in quite a while. Eugene is a tough place to win as a visitor. Stanford has been Oregons poison the last few years and MSU is very similar in style. If the Spartans can keep control of the ball and score TDs rather than FGs they have a shot. But I have to go with the Ducks at home. Oregon 34. MSU 23
09-04-2014 10:55 PM
MileHighBronco Offline
Legend

I Root For: Broncos
I'd rephrase it this way......Kent was terrible and Hazell was smart enough to let Dri Archer and that big fullback what's his name turn them into a contender. Not to mention an opportunistic defense, one of the best they'd had in years. Of course, Hazell was in charge so he gets credit, which is fair.

As for Purdue, even sucky teams will usually show improvement from game 1 to 2. I'm waiting to see this alleged chimp greatness with my own eyes until I'd even consider them to be good so this matchup actually intrigues me, bad football and all.
(This post was last modified: 09-04-2014 10:56 PM by MileHighBronco.)
WheresWaldo42 Offline
1st String

And since WMU has an unexplainable Week 2 Bye I will be watching all 3 of these games.
DesertBronco Offline
Banned

I'll clean my gutters out.
09-04-2014 10:56 PM
flushtheherd Offline
Hall of Famer

CMU/Purdue - If the Purdue QB finds some accuracy this week they will get by CMU. I don't think they will be able to stop CMU on the ground so its likely going to be a similar high scoring affair.
Purdue - 42
CMU - 28

ND/UofM - ND is having some similar issues to WMU this year with their defensive front. They graduated some big bodies up there and they looked a little gun shy against Rice saturday. Once Golson shook off the year away cob webs ND's offense came to life... I think UofM is going to be much improved at the QB position this year and in the middle of their defense. This is a tough one to call..
ND - 24
UM - 21

MSU/Oregon - Autzen stadium has to probably be one of the most difficult places to play these days... I can't see a re-tooled MSU secondary keeping it close against the ducks... This one could turn into a disaster for MSU...
MSU - 17
Oregon - 42
09-05-2014 08:46 AM
Advertisement

Motown Bronco Offline
Hall of Famer

(09-04-2014 10:29 PM)thegeneral Wrote:  CMU v Purdue is intriguing. Normally I don't put much stock in games against common opponents, but games in back to back weeks on the road against Purdue should give a good indication as to how WMU and CMU compare.

Yep, with us on Bye, this is definitely a game to track as it'll provide some measurement of where we are.

I know we can't put much stock in "If A beats B who beats C, then A is better than C" argument. But if CMU somehow rolls, I'll get uncomfortable.
09-05-2014 08:54 AM
WheresWaldo42 Offline
1st String

(09-05-2014 08:54 AM)Motown Bronco Wrote:  
(09-04-2014 10:29 PM)thegeneral Wrote:  CMU v Purdue is intriguing. Normally I don't put much stock in games against common opponents, but games in back to back weeks on the road against Purdue should give a good indication as to how WMU and CMU compare.

Yep, with us on Bye, this is definitely a game to track as it'll provide some measurement of where we are.

I know we can't put much stock in "If A beats B who beats C, then A is better than C" argument. But if CMU somehow rolls, I'll get uncomfortable.

This is my thinking as well. I see the game being similar to our game last week. A bad Big 10 team against a MAC team that hopes to be decent.

Franklin was a man against Purdue last week. I think Rawls might have similar success. Etling struggled with his accuracy on easy throws last week. If he gets it going, I can see Purdue moving the ball. I also think that CMUs defense might be quite a bit better than ours. It will all come down to whether or not they can stop the speed of Purdues running game.
09-05-2014 10:17 AM
flushtheherd Offline
Hall of Famer

I won't be completely surprised if CMU comes out and dominates Purdues defense by pounding the rock and taking the occasional shot to Davis downfield... I have to agree that CMU "should" have a better defense as a whole than WMU at this point and could take advantage of Etling's sketchy accuracy issues... We didn't put much real pressure on him for most of the game and never forced him into making really bad decisions that could have turned into a pick or fumble... I think CMU could win the game based on the turn over battle alone..
09-05-2014 11:02 AM
Chipdip2 Offline
Heisman

(09-05-2014 11:02 AM)flushtheherd Wrote:  I won't be completely surprised if CMU comes out and dominates Purdues defense by pounding the rock and taking the occasional shot to Davis downfield... I have to agree that CMU "should" have a better defense as a whole than WMU at this point and could take advantage of Etling's sketchy accuracy issues... We didn't put much real pressure on him for most of the game and never forced him into making really bad decisions that could have turned into a pick or fumble... I think CMU could win the game based on the turn over battle alone..

As of now Davis isn't playing, and Florey is suspended. Hazell has already said they'll sit on the run.
09-05-2014 02:27 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.