Halbig - Going to en banc
09-04-2014 11:32 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Native Georgian Offline
Legend

I Root For: TULANE+GA.STATE
RE: Halbig - Going to en banc
1. I thought "tomorrow" referred to the decision by the original 3-judge panel. Not true?

2. Roberts &co. are going to take this one sooner or later. Maybe "sooner" if the case from the Sixth Circuit moves quickly. Laurence Tribe -- about as diehard a liberal ObamaCare supporter as you'll find among the media's favored judiciary-experts -- has publicly said he is very worried the Court will decide this in a way that is not favorable to ObamaCare. We shall see.
(This post was last modified: 09-04-2014 11:36 AM by Native Georgian.)
09-04-2014 11:35 AM
Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

I Root For: B-G-S-U !!!!
(09-04-2014 11:35 AM)Native Georgian Wrote:  1. I thought "tomorrow" referred to the decision by the original 3-judge panel. Not true?

2. Roberts &co. are going to take this one sooner or later. Maybe "sooner" if the case from the Sixth Circuit moves quickly. Laurence Tribe -- about as diehard a liberal ObamaCare supporter as you'll find among the media's favored judiciary-experts -- has publicly said he is very worried the Court will decide this in a way that is not favorable to ObamaCare. We shall see.

1. Right...but that decision will undoubtedly be tossed.

2. I don't see them ever taking it...but we shall see. But I don't think anyone would be surprised if this current court affirmed anything else again to help the ACA.
09-04-2014 11:45 AM
Advertisement

Native Georgian Offline
Legend

I Root For: TULANE+GA.STATE
(09-04-2014 11:45 AM)Redwingtom Wrote:  2. I don't see them ever taking it...but we shall see. But I don't think anyone would be surprised if this current court affirmed anything else again to help the ACA.
It only takes 4 justices to grant cert.

I won't prejudge how the case will ultimately turn out, but I'd be stunned if the SC didn't hear it.
09-04-2014 12:47 PM
EagleX Offline
Wake me when the suck is over

I Root For: Southern Miss
this is the court that Obama packed with hand-picked bug-eyed zealots after hate filled harry reid implemented the nuclear option for (among other things) federal court nominees.

more ACA cases were making it to the federal courts. the goal posts had to be moved. this very court, and, likely, this very case, was the reason that they went to all that trouble.

liberty may well die to the sound of a gavel.
09-04-2014 07:43 PM
Advertisement

Machiavelli Offline
Back to Reality. Oh there goes Gravity

I Root For: BGSU
You know I thought the same thing Eagle. The whole thing on stalling the courts and packing the courts was due to the ACA. D's knew a pivotal battle was brewing there and they couldn't let the R's stall out the clock. The R's were playing Dean Smith 4 corners and Obama needed the 24 second shot clock. Bush putting all of those young conservative Supreme Justices will be his lasting legacy. I can't believe that haven't been able to talk Ginsburg into retiring.
09-04-2014 09:36 PM
dawgitall Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ECU/ASU/NCSU
Halbig - Going to en banc
If both appeals courts agree it is much less likely the Supreme Court even takes it up. So often big issues fizzle out to a very undramatic conclusion. I wouldn't be surprised if that ends up happening in this case. Either they don't take it up at all or they do and hand down a very narrow, lukewarm decision.

Posted from my mobile device using the CSNbbs App
09-04-2014 10:11 PM
Advertisement

Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

(09-04-2014 07:43 PM)EagleX Wrote:  this is the court that Obama packed with hand-picked bug-eyed zealots after hate filled harry reid implemented the nuclear option for (among other things) federal court nominees.

more ACA cases were making it to the federal courts. the goal posts had to be moved. this very court, and, likely, this very case, was the reason that they went to all that trouble.

Or...your side lost the presidential election and now the other guy gets to put his players on the field.
09-05-2014 09:07 AM
EagleX Offline

(09-05-2014 09:07 AM)Redwingtom Wrote:  
(09-04-2014 07:43 PM)EagleX Wrote:  this is the court that Obama packed with hand-picked bug-eyed zealots after hate filled harry reid implemented the nuclear option for (among other things) federal court nominees.

Or...your side lost the presidential election and now the other guy gets to put his players on the field.

. . . which turns out to be based on utter deceit and dishonesty. the "hidden" documents in the 2012 election weren't mitten's tax returns; they were the worst parts of ACA, which were concealed because the obamites knew they couldn't win if the electorate knew what they were going to do to us if they won. and we now know that not only was al quada NOT on the run, it was reforming as ISIS, and this administration simply ignored it because to NOT ignore it destroyed their foreign policy only "win".

the truth, as they say, shall set you free. in 2012, it would have sent them home.

it's going to go down as the most dishonest presidential election in history. and building upon that dishonest win, the democrats destroyed the only remaining check protecting the rights of the minority in the senate; the filibuster.

when the republicans retake the senate and the white house, there are some democrats in washington that should be tried for treason and shot.

yeah, I said it.
(This post was last modified: 09-05-2014 10:42 AM by EagleX.)
09-05-2014 10:41 AM
Advertisement

Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

And now, a photo of EagleX:

[Image: fonzie-two.jpg]
09-05-2014 10:56 AM
EagleX Offline

(09-05-2014 10:56 AM)Redwingtom Wrote:  And now, a photo of EagleX:

[Image: fonzie-two.jpg]

I'm fonzie? 03-confused
09-05-2014 11:03 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.