Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Louisiana ruling breaks pro-gay marriage streak
EverRespect Online
Free Kaplony

I Root For: ODU
Louisiana ruling breaks pro-gay marriage streak
Quote:A federal judge upheld Louisiana’s ban on same-sex marriages on Wednesday, a rare loss for gay marriage supporters who had won more than 20 consecutive rulings overturning bans in other states.

U.S. District Judge Martin Feldman also upheld the state’s refusal to recognize same-sex marriages performed legally in other states. His ruling was the first to uphold a state ban since the U.S. Supreme Court struck down part of the federal Defense of Marriage Act last year.

Feldman himself acknowledged that his won’t be the final word. …

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/U...3-17-15-49
09-04-2014 07:31 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Niner National Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Charlotte 49ers
RE: Louisiana ruling breaks pro-gay marriage streak
These will all end up in the Supreme Court in the next 1-3 years and the legality will no longer be a discussion. People won't just drop the issue afterwards, but it will be legal nationwide before 2018.
09-04-2014 07:52 AM
oklalittledixie Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Oklahoma
(09-04-2014 07:52 AM)Niner National Wrote:  These will all end up in the Supreme Court in the next 1-3 years and the legality will no longer be a discussion. People won't just drop the issue afterwards, but it will be legal nationwide before 2018.

and the animosity towards gays will be 10 fold what it was.
09-04-2014 08:21 AM
LSU04_08 Offline
Deo Vindice

I Root For: The Deplorables
(09-04-2014 07:52 AM)Niner National Wrote:  These will all end up in the Supreme Court in the next 1-3 years and the legality will no longer be a discussion. People won't just drop the issue afterwards, but it will be legal nationwide before 2018.

It's acceptable in 27 states. They need to stop crying and concentrate on those 27 states, and being happy. They're only hurting themselves by continuing to try to jab that thorn in the sides of everybody. They'll be hated and despised around the nation by the time this is all said and done, their big heads are getting the best of them. People are getting fed up with their constant lawsuits and false cries of equality & discrimination. They're making the nation hate them.
09-04-2014 08:38 AM
Niner National Offline
Hall of Famer

(09-04-2014 08:38 AM)LSU04_08 Wrote:  

It's acceptable in 27 states. They need to stop crying and concentrate on those 27 states, and being happy. They're only hurting themselves by continuing to try to jab that thorn in the sides of everybody. They'll be hated and despised around the nation by the time this is all said and done, their big heads are getting the best of them. People are getting fed up with their constant lawsuits and false cries of equality & discrimination. They're making the nation hate them.

And in 20 years when my generation runs the country, it will be a fringe issue that only a very small minority will complain about. Support for gay marriage is overwhelming for the millennial generation.

It is only going to grow.
09-04-2014 08:49 AM
EverRespect Online
Free Kaplony

(09-04-2014 08:49 AM)Niner National Wrote:  

And in 20 years when my generation runs the country, it will be a fringe issue that only a very small minority will complain about. Support for gay marriage is overwhelming for the millennial generation.

Eventually, your generation will grow up and have families and the sentiment will change. The next generation is also overwhelmingly conservative.
09-04-2014 08:50 AM
Advertisement

oklalittledixie Offline
Hall of Famer

sadly, your generation doesn't have the work ethic or skills to run the country. Your generation will run it into the ground.

Again, forcing states like Oklahoma, Louisiana and Texas to accept a practice they do not want will only hurt the special interest group that is pushing it.
09-04-2014 08:52 AM
LSU04_08 Offline
Deo Vindice

Yeah NO. Your generation also believes that the original history of the Civil War is revised and that the revised version, written when you were 6 or 7, is the accurate version. I have low, but existent hope that in 20 years, your generation will have matured enough to at least kick the eggshells to the curb.
09-04-2014 08:59 AM
LSU04_08 Offline
Deo Vindice

(09-04-2014 08:52 AM)oklalittledixie Wrote:  

sadly, your generation doesn't have the work ethic or skills to run the country. Your generation will run it into the ground.

Again, forcing states like Oklahoma, Louisiana and Texas to accept a practice they do not want will only hurt the special interest group that is pushing it.

Exactly.
09-04-2014 09:00 AM
ODU BLUE Offline
1st String

Why the hell is government involved in the marriage business anyhow. It's a religious term. Separation of Church and State, remember? Make the government tax code neutral, so it doesn't mention a religious ceremony. If two gay consenting adults want to sign a contract with each other ... more power to them. Problem solved.

THE END
09-04-2014 09:00 AM
oklalittledixie Offline
Hall of Famer

(09-04-2014 09:00 AM)ODU BLUE Wrote:  Why the hell is government involved in the marriage business anyhow. It's a religious term. Separation of Church and State, remember? Make the government tax code neutral, so it doesn't mention a religious ceremony. If two gay consenting adults want to sign a contract with each other ... more power to them. Problem solved.

THE END

That's not good enough for the gaystapo.
09-04-2014 09:01 AM
Advertisement

LSU04_08 Offline
Deo Vindice

(09-04-2014 09:00 AM)ODU BLUE Wrote:  Why the hell is government involved in the marriage business anyhow. It's a religious term. Separation of Church and State, remember? Make the government tax code neutral, so it doesn't mention a religious ceremony. If two gay consenting adults want to sign a contract with each other ... more power to them. Problem solved.

THE END

There's one small problem... If it's that easy and everyone can agree, that means you won't rile up the Conservative Christian base, and that's all those drama queens want to do.
09-04-2014 09:02 AM
Niner National Offline
Hall of Famer

Same thing was said about the generation before mine. And the generation before that. And before that. Etc.
09-04-2014 09:20 AM
oklalittledixie Offline
Hall of Famer

(09-04-2014 09:20 AM)Niner National Wrote:  

Same thing was said about the generation before mine. And the generation before that. And before that. Etc.

What was said about what?
09-04-2014 09:21 AM
Niner National Offline
Hall of Famer

(09-04-2014 09:21 AM)oklalittledixie Wrote:  
(09-04-2014 08:38 AM)LSU04_08 Wrote:  It's acceptable in 27 states. They need to stop crying and concentrate on those 27 states, and being happy. They're only hurting themselves by continuing to try to jab that thorn in the sides of everybody. They'll be hated and despised around the nation by the time this is all said and done, their big heads are getting the best of them. People are getting fed up with their constant lawsuits and false cries of equality & discrimination. They're making the nation hate them.

that the work ethic wasn't there and they'd run the country into the ground.

Every generation rationalizes their superiority over the generation that follows. Hell, I've even found myself doing it about those that are half my age.
09-04-2014 09:22 AM
oklalittledixie Offline
Hall of Famer

(09-04-2014 09:22 AM)Niner National Wrote:  
(09-04-2014 09:21 AM)oklalittledixie Wrote:  
(09-04-2014 08:49 AM)Niner National Wrote:  And in 20 years when my generation runs the country, it will be a fringe issue that only a very small minority will complain about. Support for gay marriage is overwhelming for the millennial generation.

that the work ethic wasn't there and they'd run the country into the ground.

Every generation rationalizes their superiority over the generation that follows. Hell, I've even found myself doing it about those that are half my age.

Mmm, no other generation before you lacked the kinds of social, ethical and problem solving skills your generation was never taught.
09-04-2014 09:25 AM
Advertisement

EverRespect Online
Free Kaplony

Yeah, as kids, but we are still saying it about your generation and you are approaching 30. Your generation is the worst generation in American history, period, and everyone knows it. Never before has any been so wrought in widespread dependency at such an age. Most can't even get to the maturity level to work, get married and run a family, much less the country.
(This post was last modified: 09-04-2014 09:25 AM by EverRespect.)
09-04-2014 09:25 AM
LSU04_08 Offline
Deo Vindice

(09-04-2014 09:22 AM)Niner National Wrote:  that the work ethic wasn't there and they'd run the country into the ground.

No, people started getting lazy and not giving a damn in the 60's. From there it's just gone down hill. You'll always have standouts, but they are getting far and few between. Most millennials are social media drama queens.
09-04-2014 09:27 AM
Niner National Offline
Hall of Famer

Most

[Image: youkeepusingthatword.jpg]
09-04-2014 09:29 AM
oklalittledixie Offline
Hall of Famer

(09-04-2014 09:29 AM)Niner National Wrote:  Most

[Image: youkeepusingthatword.jpg]

See, that's a prime example right there. Your generation likes to communicate with pictures, not thought out statements. Are you going to respond to your board members by holding up memes when they ask you how the R&D phase is going with the new products they hired you to develop?
(This post was last modified: 09-04-2014 09:33 AM by oklalittledixie.)
09-04-2014 09:33 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.