Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

AAC Blog on ESPN Updated
baruna falls Offline
All American

I Root For: ECU
AAC Blog on ESPN Updated
If anyone is interested, ESPN seems to be covering the league fairly decently on the AAC blog so far. New highlights are up now from the weekend.
09-04-2014 06:38 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

pesik Offline
Legend

I Root For: Houston
RE: AAC Blog on ESPN Updated
(09-04-2014 06:38 AM)baruna falls Wrote:  If anyone is interested, ESPN seems to be covering the league fairly decently on the AAC blog so far. New highlights are up now from the weekend.

thats not covering ..its tagged ..those are stories /highlights everyone gets, the only difference between us and other g5 is that we have a place where its all gathered ..other blogs don't have a tag system but actual bloggers
09-04-2014 07:44 AM
baruna falls Offline
All American

(09-04-2014 07:44 AM)pesik Wrote:  
(09-04-2014 06:38 AM)baruna falls Wrote:  If anyone is interested, ESPN seems to be covering the league fairly decently on the AAC blog so far. New highlights are up now from the weekend.

thats not covering ..its tagged ..those are stories /highlights everyone gets, the only difference between us and other g5 is that we have a place where its all gathered ..other blogs don't have a tag system but actual bloggers
(This post was last modified: 09-04-2014 07:46 AM by baruna falls.)
09-04-2014 07:45 AM
baruna falls Offline
All American

Who pissed in your Wheaties? Crawl before you can walk.
(This post was last modified: 09-04-2014 07:51 AM by baruna falls.)
09-04-2014 07:45 AM
Ramen_Tiger Offline
Banned

I Root For: Memphis
(09-04-2014 07:45 AM)baruna falls Wrote:  

He is still recovering from that skull-dragging UTSA put on Houston
09-04-2014 08:05 AM
pesik Offline
Legend

(09-04-2014 08:05 AM)Ramen_Tiger Wrote:  

i love how everyone here has exaggerated how a 27-7 game where they had somewhere a total of about 250 yards of total offense as like a 70-3 game..the fact that we lost was shocking but i find it funny how over exaggerated the loss is..especially for Memphis fans, who should know what blowout losses actually look like 07-coffee3
09-04-2014 08:15 AM
Advertisement

apex_pirate Offline
All American

I Root For: East Carolina
(09-04-2014 08:15 AM)pesik Wrote:  

i love how everyone here has exaggerated how a 27-7 game where they had somewhere a total of about 250 yards of total offense as like a 70-3 game..the fact that we lost was shocking but i find it funny how over exaggerated the loss is..especially for Memphis fans, who should know what blowout losses actually look like 07-coffee3

Everyone??? I wouldn't even say most. There were defintely a lot of vocal posters who did though.
(This post was last modified: 09-04-2014 08:20 AM by apex_pirate.)
09-04-2014 08:19 AM
USFRamenu Away
Enthusiast

I Root For: South Florida

Why so upset? pesik is right and you're kiss-ass attitude towards ESpin won't help change the way ESpin treats this conference.

There is no blog. It's a bunch of clips attributed to the American. The only time anything is written is if it involves one of the Entitled 5 conference teams.

Perhaps you should stop eating those Fruity-Loops full of sunshine and try seeing things clearly. 07-coffee3
(This post was last modified: 09-04-2014 08:24 AM by USFRamenu.)
09-04-2014 08:21 AM
Ramen_Tiger Offline
Banned

I Root For: Memphis

If we get killed by UCLA I will let you know but I doubt it
09-04-2014 08:24 AM
PirateHeist Offline
All American

I Root For: East Carolina
Have to agree with USF/uh fan here... A blog is not a blog without articles..
09-04-2014 08:25 AM
baruna falls Offline
All American

I did not make up the word blog. It is used by ESPN. Just saying that they have updated it with some highlights from the weekend. Yep, I think that just about covers it.
09-04-2014 08:33 AM
Advertisement

Gray Avenger Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: MEMPHIS
(09-04-2014 08:25 AM)PirateHeist Wrote:  ... A blog is not a blog without articles..

Nevertheless, it is more than the other "G5" conferences have and we would be wise to give it enough clicks to deserve keeping the recognition (such as it is) given to the AAC by ESPN. The first step in the process of "cutting glass" is to scratch a line on the surface.
09-04-2014 08:35 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Bull Offline
Heisman

I Root For: USF, UofH, AAC!
Pesik is absolutely correct. These are all either published AP/ESPN articles or video highlights that they are tagging together. The other blogs have an actually blogger writing content. Certainly this is progress over about 6 months ago, when our 'blog' was filled with non-AAC P5 content (unbelievable...). But truth is we still don't have a dedicated blogger. And lets face it, a blogger is very cheap, peanuts to ESPN.

Facts are facts, ain't no changing 'em...

If I was a betting man, I'd say this 'blog' disappears before it ever gets an assigned blogger. There is a reason it exists, but with no dedicated content. I still think Aresco slid something into the contract. It was actually gone for awhile, then it mysteriously came back, but as a shell totally lacking content. ESPN does not want this blog, that's clear to me. Probably waiting for us to appropriately recede back into the ranks of the GO5 where we belong (sarcasm)...
09-04-2014 08:37 AM
Gray Avenger Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: MEMPHIS
(09-04-2014 08:37 AM)Bull Wrote:  If I was a betting man, I'd say this 'blog' disappears before it ever gets an assigned blogger.

It definitely will if it isn't clicked.
09-04-2014 08:41 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Bull Offline
Heisman

I Root For: USF, UofH, AAC!
(09-04-2014 08:35 AM)Gray Avenger Wrote:  
(09-04-2014 08:25 AM)PirateHeist Wrote:  ... A blog is not a blog without articles..

Nevertheless, it is more than the other "G5" conferences have and we would be wise to give it enough clicks to deserve keeping the recognition (such as it is) given to the AAC by ESPN. The first step in the process of "cutting glass" is to scratch a line on the surface.

Gray I'm all about supporting the team, supporting the conference, whatever it takes. But were you around for the 'occupy Stanford' movement? That demonstrated to the entire world that our fanbases are rabid, we're online, and clearly could support an ESPN blog x10. Sorry to be negative, and I hope I'm wrong... but history tells me we're never getting a legit blog from ESPN.
09-04-2014 08:42 AM
USFRamenu Away
Enthusiast

I Root For: South Florida
(09-04-2014 08:41 AM)Gray Avenger Wrote:  
(09-04-2014 08:37 AM)Bull Wrote:  If I was a betting man, I'd say this 'blog' disappears before it ever gets an assigned blogger.

It definitely will if it isn't clicked.

You're response is just like those whom believe they should watch ESPN's other conference games in their area so, ESpin knows they have a large audience and this would make it more valuable to them.

It does nothing but give Espin confidence that they can continue to do as they please because, the general public is either too stupid to notice or to apathetic to care. 07-coffee3
(This post was last modified: 09-04-2014 08:46 AM by USFRamenu.)
09-04-2014 08:44 AM
Advertisement

Attackcoog Offline

We were not even remotely competetive in that game. We barely broke 200 yards of offense and it wasn't like were playing 'Bama. There is not one AAC team we could best playing like that.
09-04-2014 09:25 AM
The T-Shirt Offline
1st String

I Root For: The Bearcats
(09-04-2014 08:42 AM)Bull Wrote:  
(09-04-2014 08:35 AM)Gray Avenger Wrote:  

Gray I'm all about supporting the team, supporting the conference, whatever it takes. But were you around for the 'occupy Stanford' movement? That demonstrated to the entire world that our fanbases are rabid, we're online, and clearly could support an ESPN blog x10. Sorry to be negative, and I hope I'm wrong... but history tells me we're never getting a legit blog from ESPN.

Ahhh, "Occupy Stanford"... What a time that was. So many of our fans came out of the woodwork and contributed, commented, clicked and just made our presence known. Hundreds of comments within minutes, thousands within an hour or so. ECU fans showed up HUGE during that time. SOOO many of them. Now that the ESPN crew made the switch to BCSNN, not a single ECU fan followed. Kind of a shame, i miss their purple perspective over there.
09-04-2014 09:54 AM
baruna falls Offline
All American

Seriously , what do you guys want from ESPN? They have a business to run and are not a non profit. They will give us more coverage when we earn it. I am not surprised that we do not have a dedicated person for the blog, nor am I expecting one.

What we have over there however, is better than anyone else in the G5 and if we did not have the blog and some other G5 school did, people would be begging for one. Right now, this conference is only a quarter good in football and and a quarter good in basketball. It still is better than the other G5's as they have maybe one or two good teams for each sport.

After Houston and SMU getting smacked( I do feel bad for their fans) on national tv, I will take any good publicity we can get.
09-04-2014 10:07 AM
CougarRed Offline
Hall of Famer

They did the same thing last year.

And highlights tagged from games is not coverage. Articles = coverage.
09-04-2014 10:09 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.